HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Mac Mini or Ipad Pro or Mac Air?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2020, 10:49 AM   #1

Mac Mini or Ipad Pro or Mac Air?

Hi. I have been wondering which one to get.

I am planning to run some prog but the current laptop has been awhile and only has about 4gb ram. previously i ran the prog but the laptop heats up too quickly so i don't want to stress it out.

- currently using a 2013 mac air. still works fine altho one charge of battery life can only last about 5-7 hours. so i am not sure if i should get a new mac air. if i buy a new one it will definitely be for the 8gb ram altho the new processor will be i3 compared to the current i5 i have..

- which comes to the mac mini since i have a monitor. just have to plug in a keyboard and a mouse. the specs looks sufficient for me too. the only thing is that it will be a desktop. do you all have any reviews on the mini ?

- Then the ipad pro. Really want to have an ipad because i like the feels of the apple pencil writing on the screen. i love the smooth and relaxing experience. i want to use it for other purposes too plus it is portable. 6gb ram is ok... but it seems like it cant extend to an external monitor.

buying the mini and the ipad might end up being an overkill on my wallet...

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
coocoonana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:52 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member

I am planning to run some prog but the current laptop has been awhile and only has about 4gb ram. previously i ran the prog but the laptop heats up too quickly so i don't want to stress it out.

- currently using a 2013 mac air. still works fine altho one charge of battery life can only last about 5-7 hours. so i am not sure if i should get a new mac air. if i buy a new one it will definitely be for the 8gb ram altho the new processor will be i3 compared to the current i5 i have..

- which comes to the mac mini since i have a monitor. just have to plug in a keyboard and a mouse. the specs looks sufficient for me too. the only thing is that it will be a desktop. do you all have any reviews on the mini ?

- Then the ipad pro. Really want to have an ipad because i like the feels of the apple pencil writing on the screen. i love the smooth and relaxing experience. i want to use it for other purposes too plus it is portable. 6gb ram is ok... but it seems like it cant extend to an external monitor.

Why iPad Pro can not extend to external monitor?

Anyway since your mba still working fine, instead of getting a replacement, think of what’s a good complement in terms of what you can do with ur mba and what u can’t do with it but an iPad can etc.
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:04 PM   #3

Buy the iPad. this way get best of both options
robertgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:15 PM   #4

What is the program that you are running?

Is it available in both MacOS and iOS?
arvinsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.