HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Macbook Pro 16 Inch officially released

Like Tree79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2020, 10:06 AM   #541

You can always get external HDDs... how much do you need access to immediately that takes up so much space?

And if you're saying that you're doing 8k video editing, i think your setup needs to be very much different.

So all that aside, yes it's plenty of space.
How do you define future proofing? Continue to get support from Apple?
Definitely no plans in doing 8k video editing. Planning to use it for 4k non-professional editing.

Just thinking if 1TB is enough as a scratch disk or need to have more internal storage.
arvinsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:01 PM   #542
Master Member

4K non-professional = 4K from phone those kind of source files? then yes should be plenty enough for each edit. Maybe around 200 ~ 300GB per hour of footage. So yes you will still need to constantly offload to an external HDD once you're done with each project.
Swiftbladez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:39 PM   #543

I plan to be a professional youtuber like techlead. What kind of macbook should i get? Or imac?
Shutterfly likes this.
scottshin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:32 PM   #544

Mine on Zendure.

can i just confirm that any 100W charger will charge the supertank at about 1 hours plus? or it has to be the superport 4 by zendure?

i'm been mulling on decision to buy a 100W charger but i'm torn between 3:

Zendure Superport 4

i actually ordered the Superport 4 at Amazon as they are having a $20USD discount and even more if i buy something else. so that makes it a total of around $70+ USD (plus shipping) which i think is not that bad. aesthetics wise, i also wanna match my Supermini and Supertank. the only thing i don't like is that it's a dedicated 100w on one usbc and only 18w on the other.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Prolink PDC410001

Pricing wise around the same, maybe just a little bit more ex but with UK pin and it's 100w spread out over 2 ports and max 60w each if i'm using both at the same time.

HyperJuice GaN 100w

i think this is the most exp among the 3. form factor the best compared but been reading alot of negative reviews.
symbiote28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 11:23 PM   #545

Prolink PDC410001

Pricing wise around the same, maybe just a little bit more ex but with UK pin and it's 100w spread out over 2 ports and max 60w each if i'm using both at the same time.

Looks like Vina PD-049PT OEM. Anyone want to try buying from Alibaba bring to Singapore. I think quite cheap below 30 usd per unit.

Last edited by findinglaserprinter; 22-07-2020 at 11:47 PM..
findinglaserprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2020, 03:10 AM   #546

can i just confirm that any 100W charger will charge the supertank at about 1 hours plus? or it has to be the superport 4 by zendure?

i'm been mulling on decision to buy a 100W charger but i'm torn between 3:

Zendure Superport 4

i actually ordered the Superport 4 at Amazon as they are having a $20USD discount and even more if i buy something else. so that makes it a total of around $70+ USD (plus shipping) which i think is not that bad. aesthetics wise, i also wanna match my Supermini and Supertank. the only thing i don't like is that it's a dedicated 100w on one usbc and only 18w on the other.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Prolink PDC410001

HyperJuice GaN 100w

i think this is the most exp among the 3. form factor the best compared but been reading alot of negative reviews.
Isnít this similar to Anker PowerPort Atom PD4?
Pampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2020, 03:12 AM   #547

Not sure if this has been answered here but am I liable to pay for anything if I were to return a 16 inch MBP bought from Apple Edu SG store within 14 days?

Say Iíve used it for a week and feel itís too large or heavy etc.
Old 26-07-2020, 02:22 PM   #548

Isnít this similar to Anker PowerPort Atom PD4?
Anker's is big and heavy. Also doesn't do 60/60W on 2 USB-C ports.

Not sure if this has been answered here but am I liable to pay for anything if I were to return a 16 inch MBP bought from Apple Edu SG store within 14 days?

Say Iíve used it for a week and feel itís too large or heavy etc.
Yes you can, contrary to what their return policy says. They will arrange for a courier to pick it up or you can head down to their stores at Orchard or Jewel to return.
Old 26-07-2020, 03:04 PM   #549

Anker's is big and heavy. Also doesn't do 60/60W on 2 USB-C ports.

Yes you can, contrary to what their return policy says. They will arrange for a courier to pick it up or you can head down to their stores at Orchard or Jewel to return.
Understood, thank you

Took a look at the ProLink one, seems to be able to handle charging 16inch MBP and iPhone just fine; afraid itís flimsy in build though
Old 26-07-2020, 03:51 PM   #550

Strange, I called the Apple hotline and they told me up to 25% restocking fee if unsealed but it varies from store to store

Am afraid of having to pay anything if thatís true..
Old 26-07-2020, 06:52 PM   #551

Thereís another similar model but by Uniq, Surge Mini going for abt $109

Also total 100W to all 4 ports
Old 26-07-2020, 10:29 PM   #552

Understood, thank you

Took a look at the ProLink one, seems to be able to handle charging 16inch MBP and iPhone just fine; afraid itís flimsy in build though
Looks fine to me. I think it's worth noting that they got the safety mark certification as well. The OEM for Prolink is rather reputable and has made chargers for many other brands.

Strange, I called the Apple hotline and they told me up to 25% restocking fee if unsealed but it varies from store to store

Am afraid of having to pay anything if thatís true..
Based on my experience, I have not been charged for any restocking fee, but that was for iPad. If you are so worried, book the appointment at the store and check with them.

Thereís another similar model but by Uniq, Surge Mini going for abt $109

Also total 100W to all 4 ports
100W max to all 4 ports, which probably means 100W max on 1 port and perhaps a 60/30 split on 2 ports. Probably same OEM as Zendure. The Prolink/Vina one is better.
Old 26-07-2020, 11:33 PM   #553

Looks fine to me. I think it's worth noting that they got the safety mark certification as well. The OEM for Prolink is rather reputable and has made chargers for many other brands.

Based on my experience, I have not been charged for any restocking fee, but that was for iPad. If you are so worried, book the appointment at the store and check with them.

100W max to all 4 ports, which probably means 100W max on 1 port and perhaps a 60/30 split on 2 ports. Probably same OEM as Zendure. The Prolink/Vina one is better.
Alright, maybe give the ProLink a shot

Will try to go down, thanks again for sharing
Old 05-08-2020, 12:29 AM   #554

Finally arrived

Old 05-08-2020, 04:11 PM   #555

APFS & NTFS in 1 external drive. Iím happy now
Windows gaming done on NTFS partition, while all other MacOS storage via APFS partition.

hellojeffo likes this.
sk1des is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.