www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Apple Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/apple-clinic-5/)
-   -   macbook pro not able to power up (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/apple-clinic-5/macbook-pro-not-able-power-up-6220302.html)

atomtomion 02-03-2020 09:21 PM

macbook pro not able to power up

Hi guys,

I would need some advice on my macbook pro. I purchased my macbook pro (macbook pro 2018 model 2 years ago and suddenly the laptop went in to black screen and not able to power up and charge.

I went over to Apple service centre and currently are doing a diagnosis on the macbook pro. However, preliminary they said likely the Macbook mother board was dead.

I have tried shift + control + option and power button. The Keyboard backlight and screen was not lighted up.

Anyone has faced the similar issue before ? Is it possible to extract out the data from the macbook pro? Any recommendation on macbook data recovery service ?

Thanks for all the advice in advance.

wahjohreno 02-03-2020 09:59 PM

I’ve had 2 MacBooks die in me before (pro and air). Both times motherboard failure, but they were far older than 2018.

All I did was pop the drive into an enclosure and dragged the files out.

madcampus 03-03-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomtomion (Post 125476312)
Hi guys,

I would need some advice on my macbook pro. I purchased my macbook pro (macbook pro 2018 model 2 years ago and suddenly the laptop went in to black screen and not able to power up and charge.

I went over to Apple service centre and currently are doing a diagnosis on the macbook pro. However, preliminary they said likely the Macbook mother board was dead.

I have tried shift + control + option and power button. The Keyboard backlight and screen was not lighted up.

Anyone has faced the similar issue before ? Is it possible to extract out the data from the macbook pro? Any recommendation on macbook data recovery service ?

The most idiot proof backup program inbuilt on the mac is “time machine”. Simply connect a external drive will back up your Mac. Since yours already in Apple service, your MacBook will surely be fixed. But at a costly price.

boliao45 03-03-2020 08:51 AM

Not trying to scare you, MacBooks from 2016 onwards having soldered onboard ssd which cannot be extracted by any other means than Apple, but I doubt they can do anything for data retrieval. If you had time machine backups that would be your only option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomtomion (Post 125476312)
Hi guys,