macbook pro not able to power up

atomtomion

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would need some advice on my macbook pro. I purchased my macbook pro (macbook pro 2018 model 2 years ago and suddenly the laptop went in to black screen and not able to power up and charge.

I went over to Apple service centre and currently are doing a diagnosis on the macbook pro. However, preliminary they said likely the Macbook mother board was dead.

I have tried shift + control + option and power button. The Keyboard backlight and screen was not lighted up.

Anyone has faced the similar issue before ? Is it possible to extract out the data from the macbook pro? Any recommendation on macbook data recovery service ?

Thanks for all the advice in advance.

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
I’ve had 2 MacBooks die in me before (pro and air). Both times motherboard failure, but they were far older than 2018.

All I did was pop the drive into an enclosure and dragged the files out.

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would need some advice on my macbook pro. I purchased my macbook pro (macbook pro 2018 model 2 years ago and suddenly the laptop went in to black screen and not able to power up and charge.

I went over to Apple service centre and currently are doing a diagnosis on the macbook pro. However, preliminary they said likely the Macbook mother board was dead.

I have tried shift + control + option and power button. The Keyboard backlight and screen was not lighted up.

Anyone has faced the similar issue before ? Is it possible to extract out the data from the macbook pro? Any recommendation on macbook data recovery service ?

The most idiot proof backup program inbuilt on the mac is “time machine”. Simply connect a external drive will back up your Mac. Since yours already in Apple service, your MacBook will surely be fixed. But at a costly price.

boliao45

Reaction score
Not trying to scare you, MacBooks from 2016 onwards having soldered onboard ssd which cannot be extracted by any other means than Apple, but I doubt they can do anything for data retrieval. If you had time machine backups that would be your only option.

Hi guys,

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.