macOS Catalina, now available.

rubber33

Master Member
Reaction score
Sianz to the max.... no back up. No slidecar on my 2013mbp... damn lost now.... lol.... waste time updating...

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Didn’t install cos some apps cannot run after that, esp my fav old game C&C.

Any way to remove the annoying update notification that appears everyday to remind me to update? One day I might actually press instal now instead of remind me tomorrow.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn’t install cos some apps cannot run after that, esp my fav old game C&C.

Any way to remove the annoying update notification that appears everyday to remind me to update? One day I might actually press instal now instead of remind me tomorrow.

No way to remove the update notification except to update it.

Baffling

Reaction score
The worst update ever. Killed my iMac and also many others face crashing issue

victorp

Reaction score
You mean upgrade to macOS Catalina. :)

Anyway, I have set mine to only Automatically Check for updates, and Install system data files and security updates under the Software Update Advanced settings. Only the badge cannot be removed but I can live with that.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Terrible OS update. :s22:

The iTunes replacement has never being able to completely sync my iPhone , even after 12 hours overnight sync. The pie chart keeps appearing and finishing but no backup is created and no photos and playlist are sync.

Then I use iMovie to edit movie. It cannot even playback video... The spinning beach ball will appear and crash the app.

The start up is also slower. Almost 50% longer than previous OS.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.