High Supremacy Member

U mean this?

https://s.lazada.sg/s.5m3X

I got see hootoo not bad. The last one take two ports liao
d3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 01:13 PM   #32

NOTE: As a relatively new user, I am not allowed to post URLs

I recently bought a 13" MacBook pro, and go the following Baseus USB-C hub:
SEARCH ON LAZADA: Baseus Mirror Type-C HUB Adapter Convertor (Type-C to 3 x USB3.0 + HDMI + PD + RJ45)

It's been working wonderfully and I have been happy with it. Delivery was relatively quick as the seller (GMX) is based in Singapore.

I have also been toying with the idea of buying the following magnetic charging cable:
SEARCH ON LAZADA: Baseus 86W Magnetic USB Type C Cable For Macbook Elbow Charge Cable for Samsung Galaxy S8 S9 PD 3.0 Quick Charge USB C Cable

What I really need though is a (second) USB-C wall charger for the MacBook Pro. The one that looks best to me in my search so far is the "Mazer EnerG Travel 360 65W PD3.0+QC3.0+USB-AX2 Fast Charger".

Unfortunately, I can't tell difference between that product and the "Mazer EnerG.BOOST 65W TRAVEL USB-C PD+QC3.0 Wall Charger"

If any of you have an answer, or if you can recommend another wall charger, do share. Thanks!
ionai6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #33
Supremacy Member

SEARCH ON LAZADA: Baseus Mirror Type-C HUB Adapter Convertor (Type-C to 3 x USB3.0 + HDMI + PD + RJ45)

It's been working wonderfully and I have been happy with it. Delivery was relatively quick as the seller (GMX) is based in Singapore.

I have also been toying with the idea of buying the following magnetic charging cable:
SEARCH ON LAZADA: Baseus 86W Magnetic USB Type C Cable For Macbook Elbow Charge Cable for Samsung Galaxy S8 S9 PD 3.0 Quick Charge USB C Cable

What I really need though is a (second) USB-C wall charger for the MacBook Pro. The one that looks best to me in my search so far is the "Mazer EnerG Travel 360 65W PD3.0+QC3.0+USB-AX2 Fast Charger".

Unfortunately, I can't tell difference between that product and the "Mazer EnerG.BOOST 65W TRAVEL USB-C PD+QC3.0 Wall Charger"

If any of you have an answer, or if you can recommend another wall charger, do share. Thanks!
One comes with 1 USB-A port the other comes with 2x USB-A ports. That’s about it.

But I’ll still recommend Anker or Xiaomi 65W USB-C PD charger.
Old 27-07-2019, 01:46 PM   #34

I won’t say the maz energ travel is attractive at that price point ($99) unless you really need the travel adapters.

U can easily get ugreen 65w UK charger for less than half the price of maz energy.

ksksksks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 01:49 PM   #35

Yes Anker has a lot of new charger that adopts the GaN technology but most are using US 2 pin plug.

The highest wattage available in a UK plug is just 30W for now.

One comes with 1 USB-A port the other comes with 2x USB-A ports. That’s about it.

ksksksks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 03:25 PM   #36

I won’t say the maz energ travel is attractive at that price point ($99) unless you really need the travel adapters.
Sadly I do. And in particular, I need a plug for Australia. I could, of course, just use a standard travel adapter, but it would be nice to have a 'streamlined' charger if I could.
Old 27-07-2019, 03:30 PM   #37

I got this before my Macbook Pro 2018 delivery. I find it cumbersome each time I want to attach my ipad,iphone and external hdd.will sell it off, prefer to use usb c cables instead.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/ugree...381978307.html

i’m using harber london leather sleeve.

https://www.harberlondon.com/collect...nt=12545012486
maxyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 03:31 PM   #38

Thanks for pointing me to Xiaomi's and Anker's chargers. A search on Lazada and Shopee for both turned up only units with US-plugs. If I had to have a unit with just one plug, then I would prefer Australian first, and UK/Singapore second - I should have mentioned it earlier. So, I'm afraid I will have to give this one a pass.
Old 27-07-2019, 03:39 PM   #39
Supremacy Member

You find the hub troublesome?

I got this before my Macbook Pro 2018 delivery. I find it cumbersome each time I want to attach my ipad,iphone and external hdd.will sell it off, prefer to use usb c cables instead.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/ugree...381978307.html

i’m using harber london leather sleeve.

https://www.harberlondon.com/collect...nt=12545012486
rayban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 03:41 PM   #40

I can see how it could be cumbersome.

I also bought four USB-A to USB-C converters (search "Baseus USB Type C OTG Adapter Male to USB Female Type-c OTG Converter" on Lazada/Shopee) to use with existing USB-A devices when I need to connect only one device. They work with my existing portable external HDDs and with the iPhone/iPad, although I am not technically-savvy enough to be able to comment on the speed of data transfers from/to portable HDDs.

Last edited by ionai6; 27-07-2019 at 03:44 PM..
Old 27-07-2019, 03:45 PM   #41

You find the hub troublesome?
too much hassle just connect and disconnect. prefer just directly. i used once and decided to look for lightning cables.

Last edited by maxyorkie; 27-07-2019 at 03:48 PM..
Old 27-07-2019, 04:18 PM   #42
Supremacy Member

But like that you have to all usb c stuff? Like external drive etc. Everything need to up grade haha

too much hassle just connect and disconnect. prefer just directly. i used once and decided to look for lightning cables.
Old 27-07-2019, 04:18 PM   #43

Sadly I do. And in particular, I need a plug for Australia. I could, of course, just use a standard travel adapter, but it would be nice to have a 'streamlined' charger if I could.
If I am not wrong the 65w is shared between the ports or the USB C port may only support up to a certain wattage, meaning it will not be charging at the full speed of 65w.

I also suggest getting those single USB C adaptor because if the price. For example the price of a xiaomi 65w is selling for less than $40 in shopee:
https://shopee.sg/Original-Xiaomi-65...280.1460711304

If you need to travel, just get those travel adapter which after adding the price of the xiaomi adaptor will still cost you lesser than the price of Mazer EnerG Travel.

If need to charge other mobile devices, I suggest to a separate adapter with 4 or 5 usb ports.
inxoxni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 04:21 PM   #44

yup, just cables.

But like that you have to all usb c stuff? Like external drive etc. Everything need to up grade haha
Old 27-07-2019, 04:23 PM   #45
Supremacy Member

Using the 85 watt MAC charger for 13 inches should be fine too right? I got one that time when a guy clearing all his MAC charger for 50 bucks.

If I am not wrong the 65w is shared between the ports or the USB C port may only support up to a certain wattage, meaning it will not be charging at the full speed of 65w.

I also suggest getting those single USB C adaptor because if the price. For example the price of a xiaomi 65w is selling for less than $40 in shopee:
https://shopee.sg/Original-Xiaomi-65...280.1460711304

If you need to travel, just get those travel adapter which after adding the price of the xiaomi adaptor will still cost you lesser than the price of Mazer EnerG Travel.

If need to charge other mobile devices, I suggest to a separate adapter with 4 or 5 usb ports.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.