HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MBP accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2019, 05:16 PM   #61

So so only I think.

Get 13.5 inch one min. Unless they write compatible with MacBook Pro cause MB pro is 13.3 inch

Found this:

https://www.amazon.com/MacBook-Burkl.../dp/B07KKPTXWG

But dunno can fit the latest MBP or not... no review also
ksksksks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 07:28 PM   #62
Supremacy Member

Bro how many charge you can use for yr xiaomi power bank. I asking a Friend get for me while he at Shenzhen. Though I have a rav power 26800 one already. Get one for wireless charging lol

So so only I think.

Get 13.5 inch one min. Unless they write compatible with MacBook Pro cause MB pro is 13.3 inch
rayban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 09:09 AM   #63

Actually i still looking for the leather cover similar to what i using for my mba previously... seems like very difficult to find such covers anymore.

Last time i bought it in epicenter 😅

Actually I also do not think you should be using such leather covers on Macbook Pro as macbook pro generates more heat compared to macbook air.
inxoxni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #64
Supremacy Member

Then don’t use anything?

Actually I also do not think you should be using such leather covers on Macbook Pro as macbook pro generates more heat compared to macbook air.
rayban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 01:13 PM   #65
d3n
High Supremacy Member

Hmm then what u recommend? Those hard cover with ventilation?

d3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #66
Supremacy Member

For my MacBook, used Dbrand’s skins. I have tried those covers before and it added bulk to the slim profile of MacBook.
Proximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 01:43 PM   #67
d3n
High Supremacy Member

Is skin easy to paste?

The skin have to be pasted on the base of the laptop?

For my MacBook, used Dbrand’s skins. I have tried those covers before and it added bulk to the slim profile of MacBook.
Old 31-07-2019, 01:55 PM   #68
Supremacy Member

Is skin easy to paste?

The skin have to be pasted on the base of the laptop?

No difficult if you follow their video instruction. Yes the skins are available for top, bottom and touch pad
Old 31-07-2019, 02:52 PM   #69

Your Ravpower can only do 30w would be quite slow.

I can get almost one full charge but I also use concurrently with other devices.

Bro how many charge you can use for yr xiaomi power bank. I asking a Friend get for me while he at Shenzhen. Though I have a rav power 26800 one already. Get one for wireless charging lol
ksksksks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #70
d3n
High Supremacy Member

Hmm will have air bubbles?😅

Only scare later tear off sticker... will have residues

No difficult if you follow their video instruction. Yes the skins are available for top, bottom and touch pad
Old 31-07-2019, 08:37 PM   #71
Supremacy Member

No bubbles lah.... it is not screen protector.

They will not leave residue, i have removed mine after 1 year to change to another design.
Old 31-07-2019, 10:34 PM   #72
d3n
High Supremacy Member

My hootoo usb c hub is here! Quite compact.

And it lights up too!

Old 31-07-2019, 10:47 PM   #73

Then donít use anything?

For my MacBook, used Dbrandís skins. I have tried those covers before and it added bulk to the slim profile of MacBook.

I bought a macbook pro Touch Bar 15 inch late last year and bought those hard cover on shopee. I had to modify (cut off the side) to allow the usb c hub to fit. I brought my macbook to Brisbane in March 2019 and realised that the case makes the computer bigger and heavier. I also realised that during transportation, my macbook will be in my padded bag. Then it came to me that I do not need that much protection and decided to go for sticker (front and back) for scratch protection. I also bought it from shopee.

Yes, it is not as easy to apply. I peel a bit of the sticker and stick, remove to align a few times, peeling more each time before fully applying. Because it is opaque so remove and re-applying is ok. If I see bubble, I will peel back to remove the bubble (not fully because not easy to align again) and stick again.

I got the same colour as my macbook pro (space grey) and also got the palm protector. So far I am happy with them.

I also got those silicon keyboard cover. yes it is not as good to type but I think the difficult not that great. If you are not sure, I suggest getting the cheapest one (transparent one) you can find on shopee or taobao (if you are familiar with taobao), if don't like than don't use also ok.

I did thought of getting those sticker to protect the Touch Bar but I do not think it is very necessary as compared the keyboard cover as my fingernails do not scratch/touch/hit the Touch Bar as much compare to the keyboard.

This is my usage with my macbook but does not mean that it applies to you all, please think through your use case, for example a shock resistant case (like those from UAG, not cheap) if you carry your macbook only (not need a padded bag) frequently outside and use it on any surface you can find.
Old 31-07-2019, 10:48 PM   #74

My hootoo usb c hub is here! Quite compact.

And it lights up too!

the led is cool. but I prefer those that without cable.
Old 31-07-2019, 11:12 PM   #75
d3n
High Supremacy Member

Just seen the skin design looks nice leh!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.