HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

My iPhone X failed the DFU hard reset

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2019, 11:06 PM   #1

Unhappy My iPhone X failed the DFU hard reset

Brought my iPhone X today to an apple-verified repair shop (QCD Westgate). Based on their diagnosis, it had hardware error and was unable to enter repair mode (was recommended a 1 for 1 exchange, but my warranty had expired). I managed to connect it to iTunes after some trying but was unable to restore or update due to error 4013.

To clarify: I did not drop my phone before / always ensured battery is not left overcharged / did not install any unauthorized apps.

It took me by surprise as it was working perfectly fine yesterday. Right now, I am quite upset that the lifespan of my iPhone X was only 1 year, even after all the steps done to take great care of it. I suspect that it might pushed some update (iOS 13) that cause it to fail suddenly.

Does anyone have an idea what could have happened to my iPhone X? And if it could not be fixed, are there any tips that you can share to prevent such issue from occurring?

Thanks!
KyoShire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2019, 12:58 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Head to Apple Store and see what happens.

I was on the developer beta of iOS 13.0 from Beta 1 to 8 on my iPhone X and nothing of this sort happened.
Jirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

My 2 year old iphone x still functions like new maybe you just suay
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.