Is it necessary to buy apple care for imac?

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
y do ppl ask this all e time :s22: if u want to use >1yr then buy for peace of mind...

Parka

Master Member
Reaction score
As above. Pls advise.

Here's my experience
2006 Mac Pro - Spoiled a few times
2008 iMac - Works perfectly to date
2012 Mac Mini - Works perfectly to date
2014 Mac Pro - Spoiled a few times
2015 iPad Pro - Spoiled after 1 year

So the question is, do you feel lucky?

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
12" macbook, spoilt 1 time jialat jialat. Logic board uplorry. You decide if its worth the buy....

yodajedi01

Reaction score
I still have my working mac mini 2012 it. did not buy AppleCare for it.

However my New iMac 27", this is an exp machine and was to use it for a long time.
I WILL be getting the Applecare no matter what.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Applecare should be bought if one intends to use it for longer than 1 year from date of purchase. There is no question asked on applecare service coverage on logic board and display. Cos these 2 cannot be bought outside and Apple will charge you for it. My latest display replacement including labour was $600. Logic board failure is even more..

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Applecare should be bought if one intends to use it for longer than 1 year from date of purchase. There is no question asked on applecare service coverage on logic board and display. Cos these 2 cannot be bought outside and Apple will charge you for it. My latest display replacement including labour was $600. Logic board failure is even more..

Yes i agree. Coz i kena both. Logic board and display....

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Common sense will tell you it's because of the opportunity cost.

Or rather, people prefer to leave it to the last minute to buy applecare so that more resources can be allocated for other things before it.

Duh.

:D

Well if talking about opportunity cost, then yes can understand. but some ppl may have the impression that buying later = warranty extension longer.. then that's not the case..

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe you're one of those?

since when extended warranty starts from complimentary warranty one? Period.

Well no? Cause some people without telling them, they would think that you wait till the last moment to extend can extend the warranty longer. They didn't think of the time value of money aspect. Hence it's better to be clear lor.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.