HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Verification for apple education discount

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #16
Supremacy Member

I've ordered 2 macbook pros, 2 apple cinema displays, 1 mac mini, 2 macbook airs over the years, and all using educational discount. haven't been checked a single time
FLiNcHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #17

I've ordered 2 macbook pros, 2 apple cinema displays, 1 mac mini, 2 macbook airs over the years, and all using educational discount. haven't been checked a single time
Wow! You are lucky! Next question is MacBook Pro or rmbp 13 inch? What do you guys think?
solidifry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #18

Wow! You are lucky! Next question is MacBook Pro or rmbp 13 inch? What do you guys think?
U mean the phat 13" MBP VS rMBP 13"?

I'll definitely pick rMBP 13" (which is what I've ordered but sadly a lot of hiccups at DHL). The difference in price isn't much if you upgrade the specs of the regular phat 13" to a 128gb ssd.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #19

U mean the phat 13" MBP VS rMBP 13"?

I'll definitely pick rMBP 13" (which is what I've ordered but sadly a lot of hiccups at DHL). The difference in price isn't much if you upgrade the specs of the regular phat 13" to a 128gb ssd.
I see. Great buy there. My only concern for rmbp is only harddisk can be changed by user. The rest of the components like battery and RAM are soldered on which unlike mbp battery and RAM can be changed by user. However, i'm too attracted by the retina screen. Its simply beautiful.
Old 20-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #20

I see. Great buy there. My only concern for rmbp is only harddisk can be changed by user. The rest of the components like battery and RAM are soldered on which unlike mbp battery and RAM can be changed by user. However, i'm too attracted by the retina screen. Its simply beautiful.
I tried configuring the regular phat to a 128gb ssd and 8GB RAM to match the rMBP. It turned out to be even more expensive.

As the 13" Pro isn't designed to be a gaming machine, I seriously doubt regulars would use more than 8GBs of RAM.
Old 20-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #21

I tried configuring the regular phat to a 128gb ssd and 8GB RAM to match the rMBP. It turned out to be even more expensive.

As the 13" Pro isn't designed to be a gaming machine, I seriously doubt regulars would use more than 8GBs of RAM.
How would it be more expensive? I have checked online other retailer are selling 128gb ssd at an average price of $160 and 8gb RAM i am not sure how much it cost. Probably less than $100?
Old 20-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #22

How would it be more expensive? I have checked online other retailer are selling 128gb ssd at an average price of $160 and 8gb RAM i am not sure how much it cost. Probably less than $100?
I used Apple online. If I configure the phat Pro to a 128gb ssd and bump the RAM to 8GB, the cost of it will be slightly more than $2000. The rMBP 13 is just $1988.

Even if you DIY upgrade, like what you've said... Maybe slightly less than $100. I would rather get the rMBP still. The screen is simply gorgeous.
Old 20-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #23

I used Apple online. If I configure the phat Pro to a 128gb ssd and bump the RAM to 8GB, the cost of it will be slightly more than $2000. The rMBP 13 is just $1988.

Even if you DIY upgrade, like what you've said... Maybe slightly less than $100. I would rather get the rMBP still. The screen is simply gorgeous.
I see. I wonder what will apple introduce for the next line up for rmbp. Maybe they will take away the non-retina mbp.
sg760876 likes this.
Old 29-06-2013, 02:20 AM   #24

Am I able to get the educators' discount by buying the MBA from a physical Apple shop?
noedig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #25
Banned

Am I able to get the educators' discount by buying the MBA from a physical Apple shop?
No. Only apple store online.
Otherwise get from your school, they'll probably throw in some freebies here and there too.
netzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #26

Was wondering can order from Malaysia using education promo. Gt relative staying there but dunnoe risky anot.
Can you do it??? I wondering too, because apple website is not accept any debit/credit card from another country.
ajokow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 01:34 PM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can you do it??? I wondering too, because apple website is not accept any debit/credit card from another country.
apple will ask u to go apple.com/my
malaysia based apple site to order

no need tink too much
rain_myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 04:27 PM   #28

how do i verify im a student in order to enjoy the discounted price?
anyone knows can share how to go about to order?
yvette_qi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 06:01 PM   #29
Arch-Supremacy Member

There is no verification needed until they send you an email to do so. As far as I know, the verification is based on random selection and they do analyse your purchases and your records, if you don't get the verification email and your transaction went through, there's nothing else you need to do..

Of cos, if you get caught do so when you have no evidence to back up, then your purchase will go back to public pricing and that they reserve the right to charge you. Your account will therefore be blacklisted again until you can give supporting proof. Using people's particulars for the education discount is an offence under cheating hor, just to let you know..

how do i verify im a student in order to enjoy the discounted price?
anyone knows can share how to go about to order?
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 12:16 AM   #30

Thanks for your advice

Im on my last year.
Just that I was wondering how to access the link to buy the products.

There is no verification needed until they send you an email to do so. As far as I know, the verification is based on random selection and they do analyse your purchases and your records, if you don't get the verification email and your transaction went through, there's nothing else you need to do..

Of cos, if you get caught do so when you have no evidence to back up, then your purchase will go back to public pricing and that they reserve the right to charge you. Your account will therefore be blacklisted again until you can give supporting proof. Using people's particulars for the education discount is an offence under cheating hor, just to let you know..

yvette_qi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.