HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Verification for apple education discount

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #1

Verification for apple education discount

Hello pple! Did anybody try to order MacBook online via their education discount? Do they ask for any verification of student pass or proof?
solidifry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #2

They do random checks.
Old 16-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #3

I see. Do they call you to verify or something? What if they check you are not a student after you have paid? I'm just puzzled coz the discount is quite significant.
Old 16-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

They will charge extra to your card. if you are found not to be a student or MOE employee.
Don't test the system.
forceofhabit likes this.
negativzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #5

They will charge extra to your card. if you are found not to be a student or MOE employee.
Don't test the system.
lol. I dont think so. Overcharging of credit require the user approval.
discoburg likes this.
Old 17-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #6

lol. I dont think so. Overcharging of credit require the user approval.
Actually you already gave approval for that extra charge, it is in the T and C that you consented to:

"Should an audit disclose after delivery (or should Apple otherwise discover) that you were not an eligible purchaser at the time you placed your order or that you have not observed all of the conditions applicable to your purchase, you authorize Apple:"

- If you placed your order by credit card, to charge to your credit card
the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order;"

Source:
para 6 of
http://store.apple.com/sg/browse/ope...edu#Eligiblity

Last edited by NineNineNine; 17-06-2013 at 05:20 PM..
NineNineNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #7

Actually you already gave approval for that extra charge, it is in the T and C that you consented to:

"Should an audit disclose after delivery (or should Apple otherwise discover) that you were not an eligible purchaser at the time you placed your order or that you have not observed all of the conditions applicable to your purchase, you authorize Apple:"

- If you placed your order by credit card, to charge to your credit card
the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order;"

Source:
para 6 of
Sales Policies - Apple Store (Singapore)
Hmmm..icic...i didnt know they have this T&C for it. Thanks!
Old 17-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #8

What if you say you purchased it for a friend who in turn lends you his student card to substantiate the verification?

Must the credit card holder and addressee on the delivery address be the student?
tomoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #9

What if you say you purchased it for a friend who in turn lends you his student card to substantiate the verification?

Must the credit card holder and addressee on the delivery address be the student?
Payment can be done by you.
Ship to, address to the student.
Old 18-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #10

Seems to me like some will just try their luck if the penalty is only that they will be charged in full. I wonder if there is any blacklisting after?
Old 19-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #11

I thought so too. I have calculated the difference in student discount and regular price is $200(include apple care). I don't know whether is it worth to take the risk.
Old 19-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #12

For the record I do qualify. Just get a student relative to do it legit.
Old 19-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

I thought so too. I have calculated the difference in student discount and regular price is $200(include apple care). I don't know whether is it worth to take the risk.
Just buy it under someone's name. Like your auntie, cousin, nephew, son, friend, NS buddy, etc... who is a student or MOE employee. I'm sure everyone at least knows someone in this category.

Remember to ask them first though. Because they are allowed only 1 Mac per year.
negativzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #14

Was wondering can order from Malaysia using education promo. Gt relative staying there but dunnoe risky anot.
kunlky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #15

I was checked before.
It happen when there was an issue with my iMac and they ask me to verify that I was a student.
ysl060704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.