HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Watch 3 LTE

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #631

Can you please enable this? What does the phone OS have to do with the watch OS? The watch OS is still running non-beta. Restoring it to non-beta is such a painful thing to do.
Yes exactly. The loss of data as there is no way that we could restore with the data intact to a lower iOS version.
tec_geek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:25 PM   #632

Can I sign up for number share if I am on the SIM only plan?
karenwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:25 PM   #633

Can I sign up for number share if I am on the SIM only plan?
Yes youíll be eligible!
PetPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:26 PM   #634
Supremacy Member

If u guy go japan or buy before Apple Watch which store u all usually silll go ?
Apple strore in japan or those bic camera or yodobashi
As I don’t think apple store japan offer tax refund ?
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:29 PM   #635
Master Member

Yes exactly. The loss of data as there is no way that we could restore with the data intact to a lower iOS version.
erm .. developer or beta software .. u wan telcos to roll out a service on it?

there must be a reason why apple/telcos said must be on ios 11.2.5 and watch os4.2 ma.
beta software so buggy, roll out such feature, will affect experience or quality not?

and most likely apple controlling it at the end. if not how iOS updates can be immediate everywhere.
swgj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:37 PM   #636

Singtel Carrier 31.5 will not work

Just out of curiosity, I just had to try it with iOS 11.3 beta 2 with Singtel Carrier 31.5. Confirmed cannot work.

Initial setup won't ask to to configure mobile data. After setup, try to configure mobile data manually, you get error messaging saying "Singtel does not currently support Apple Watch".

So now backup and restore to iOS 11.2.5 and try again.
crobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #637

trying to subscribe but it says an error has occurred and you are not able to subscribe to number share. I'm on a SIM only plan. How come?
Old 09-02-2018, 03:51 PM   #638

Well, it's stated quite clearly when you enrol in the beta program that....

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY INSTALLING SUCH PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE ON YOUR APPLE-BRANDED COMPUTERS AND/OR DEVICES, THESE COMPUTERS AND DEVICES MAY NOT BE CAPABLE OF BEING RESTORED TO THEIR ORIGINAL CONDITION AND THAT APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES MAY BE AFFECTED BY YOUR USE OF PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE. FURTHER, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT DATA (INCLUDING DOCUMENTS) FROM SUCH APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES THAT YOU CREATE OR CHANGE WHILE USING THE PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE MAY BE INCAPABLE OF BEING RESTORED OR RECOVERED. APPLE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COSTS, EXPENSES OR OTHER LIABILITIES YOU MAY INCUR AS A RESULT OF YOUR TESTING, INSTALLATION OR USE OF PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGE TO ANY EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE OR DATA OR ANY LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF SUCH PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE.
You should have been well aware that things like this can happen. Beta software should not be used on a device that you use regularly. I would never do that.

Also....

YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS AND ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH TESTING, INSTALLATION, OR USE OF THE PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE AND SEEDING TOOLS PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY BACK-UP EXPENSES, COSTS INCURRED FOR THE USE OF THE PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER, DEVICES AND/OR PERIPHERALS, AND ANY DAMAGE TO ANY EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR DATA, AND IN NO EVENT WILL APPLE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY THAT STEMS FROM ANY USE OF THE PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER, DEVICES AND/OR ANY PERIPHERALS CONNECTED THERETO, AND/OR FROM ANY OTHER CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, AND/OR APPLEíS PERFORMANCE OR FAILURE TO PERFORM UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF APPLE HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You should also know that beta software would be incomplete in certain ways. So you can't expect to be supported fully. If something's broken, you should tell Apple about it. That's why it's called BETA. A little unreasonable to ask for support from someone who has totally ZERO control over Apple's software. It's like buying a plate of chicken rice and found that you were given less chicken, and then go complain at the drinks stall instead of going directly to the chicken rice stall.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:03 PM   #639
Featured Sponsor

trying to subscribe but it says an error has occurred and you are not able to subscribe to number share. I'm on a SIM only plan. How come?
Hi karenwoods,

Kindly ensure the following requirements are met:

(1) You are using a compatible iPhone model (iPhone 6 or newer) running iOS 11.2.5

(2) An eligible postpaid mobile plan (Combo, SIM Only or MobileShare) which you already fulfilled for SIM Only Plan

(3) Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) on WatchOS 4.2.2

You are encouraged to get their Apple Watch in Singapore. For watches purchased in other countries, please click here to check if your Apple Watch model is supported.

(4) Latest carrier settings (31.1). On your iPhone, tap Settings > General > About and follow the prompt to update to the latest carrier settings.

Feel free to reach out to us here on Mondays to Fridays (9 am to 6 pm).
Singtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:08 PM   #640
Arch-Supremacy Member

If u guy go japan or buy before Apple Watch which store u all usually silll go ?
Get from Yodabashi. Got 5% discount on top of the tax-free price if u pay by VISA CC

Last edited by GamerZ; 09-02-2018 at 04:14 PM..
GamerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:09 PM   #641
Master Member

I got mine from Apple store Japan with the help of my friend.
No Tax.

5% is for card payment?
LIN_JOEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:18 PM   #642

Well, it's stated quite clearly when you enrol in the beta program that....

You should have been well aware that things like this can happen. Beta software should not be used on a device that you use regularly. I would never do that.

Also....

You should also know that beta software would be incomplete in certain ways. So you can't expect to be supported fully. If something's broken, you should tell Apple about it. That's why it's called BETA. A little unreasonable to ask for support from someone who has totally ZERO control over Apple's software. It's like buying a plate of chicken rice and found that you were given less chicken, and then go complain at the drinks stall instead of going directly to the chicken rice stall.
Yeap, you are right and my apologies if I’ve sounded unreasonable. And that it’s on oneself that installing beta on a primary device should have expected this.

I guess now it’s either downgrade back to 11.2.5 or wait for 11.3 be officially released.
tec_geek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:20 PM   #643

Hi karenwoods,

Kindly ensure the following requirements are met:

(1) You are using a compatible iPhone model (iPhone 6 or newer) running iOS 11.2.5

(2) An eligible postpaid mobile plan (Combo, SIM Only or MobileShare) which you already fulfilled for SIM Only Plan

(3) Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) on WatchOS 4.2.2

You are encouraged to get their Apple Watch in Singapore. For watches purchased in other countries, please click here to check if your Apple Watch model is supported.

(4) Latest carrier settings (31.1). On your iPhone, tap Settings > General > About and follow the prompt to update to the latest carrier settings.
Yes, I have got the above
Old 09-02-2018, 04:31 PM   #644

Yeap, you are right and my apologies if Iíve sounded unreasonable. And that itís on oneself that installing beta on a primary device should have expected this.

I guess now itís either downgrade back to 11.2.5 or wait for 11.3 be officially released.
It's ok. In our pursuit for perfection and the latest, it's easy to forget these things. Hope your restoration is a smooth one.

Cheers.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:37 PM   #645
Featured Sponsor

Yes, I have got the above
Hi karenwoods,

Do you have multi-SIM service tied to your SIM Only Plan?

Feel free to reach out to us here on Mondays to Fridays (9 am to 6 pm).
Singtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.