Reaction score
Anyway im loving the red dot...

exkzTCpl.jpg

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Here is the answer for LTE support haha

Thanks for the confirmation. Looks like we all have to wait for the official release in SG then.

Suspect this thread is gonna be very quiet until then. :s22:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

exkzTCpl.jpg

Nice! Mine's still Series 2 black dot but only the Series 3 red dots are stainless steel, only thing locally doesn't support LTE for Series 3 yet.

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why you seem surprised?

Not surprise as I mentioned the price I’m paying for LTE is approx the same as AW3 locally.
If it doesn’t work, I use it as a normal AW3.
Im just wondering what’s he gonna do with the esim as min signup is 12mths.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

exkzTCpl.jpg

In fact the coming months, there’s a 50-50 chance your watch might not work locally for lte.. it all depends on whether they can reach a consensus not... don’t CXG...

CXG: 锤心肝

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not surprise as I mentioned the price I’m paying for LTE is approx the same as AW3 locally.
If it doesn’t work, I use it as a normal AW3.
Im just wondering what’s he gonna do with the esim as min signup is 12mths.
I thought u expected the esim to work...

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
In fact the coming months, there’s a 50-50 chance your watch might not work locally for lte.. it all depends on whether they can reach a consensus not... don’t CXG...

CXG: 锤心肝

I think WHEN the Series 3 with cellular is eventually launched in SG (when the telcos have been sorted out), the version from JP should work also.

blackjazz84

Reaction score
It’s expected to work for the local telcos. Just need the esim support to work for the series 3 LTE. Local telco like Singtel already have e sim service for the Samsung gear S3 lte. So it’s just matter of time for Apple Watch series 3 LTE

But I’m on GPS only model series 3 and most likely I won’t be getting the LTE model when it’s available in SG because it’s unlikely u will not be bringing your iPhone along. No point paying the extra monthly fee for esim.

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not? Perhaps you can help enlighten what you do know. Please do .. =:p
I'm just a layman techie here. If its a watch with cellular capabilities, just wait for local telcos to activate then.

Reckon there are some other countries sharing the same band as each other with AW3 Cellular available. But they still seem to say not able to work in the other country.

Last edited:

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought u expected the esim to work...
Nope, from what I saw in Singtel web.
Pairing eSim is quite straight forward.
Pair and scan QR code.
However the profile configuration at Singtel for S3 might not be suitable for AW3.

It’s expected to work for the local telcos. Just need the esim support to work for the series 3 LTE. Local telco like Singtel already have e sim service for the Samsung gear S3 lte. So it’s just matter of time for Apple Watch series 3 LTE

But I’m on GPS only model series 3 and most likely I won’t be getting the LTE model when it’s available in SG because it’s unlikely u will not be bringing your iPhone along. No point paying the extra monthly fee for esim.

AW3 I doubt Telco will offer attractive price for signup unlike iPhone & iPad whereby u signup mobile / data plan and get "Subsidize" price for the device.
And if eSim signup got minimum contract and activation fees....no cheap sia....

Reckon there are some other countries sharing the same band as each other with AW3 Cellular available. But they still seem to say not able to work in the other country.

Example which country?

skyrex

Reaction score
i googled abit and found some "answers".

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8094235?start=0&tstart=0

Quoted from one of the replies.

"Hi geekofoz,

I had same question as you about Apple Watch 3 Cellular, and found little advice as to whether a Japanese Apple Cellular Watch(A1891) would work in UK or not. Apple store Nagoya advised me not to buy as they had stated that they had heard of problems, but after reading an article on iMore website I decided to buy. Having just got back to UK the watch connected to our one and only supplier "EE" without any issues and works without iPhone being present on EE's Cellular network."

So he bought it from japan and used it in UK. Both have same bands as shown here.

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

So i guess its more of a 80% will work when sg launch. 20% you just suay la if cant work. :s13::s13::s13:

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i googled abit and found some "answers".

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8094235?start=0&tstart=0

Quoted from one of the replies.

"Hi geekofoz,

I had same question as you about Apple Watch 3 Cellular, and found little advice as to whether a Japanese Apple Cellular Watch(A1891) would work in UK or not. Apple store Nagoya advised me not to buy as they had stated that they had heard of problems, but after reading an article on iMore website I decided to buy. Having just got back to UK the watch connected to our one and only supplier "EE" without any issues and works without iPhone being present on EE's Cellular network."

So he bought it from japan and used it in UK. Both have same bands as shown here.

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

So i guess its more of a 80% will work when sg launch. 20% you just suay la if cant work. :s13::s13::s13:

This article I read before :)

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
Just hope it will launch officially soon.
Still using the gen 1 (1st aw released).

Although it is still working well, with lots of scratches on the case n screen. HAHA.
I do like the series 3 with the red digital crown.

GamerZ

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I might take a gamble and buy in JP as well, since there is no SS S3 for GPS.

Apple Watch Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Black Sport Band (JP)
Without Tax ¥69,800 = S$830
After 5% VISA Discount ¥66,310= S$789
Singapore Price = S$548 (Aluminium/GPS)

For just $250 more, I think the gamble is worth it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.