HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Watch 3 LTE

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2018, 08:06 AM   #781
Master Member

Just kinda sad .. reading all these problems. Knowing that if i was Starhub, I would implement this with utmost care and attention. And that would mean a longer lead time for rollout.
Sadly the loser here is tme, the Starhub customer.
May u can buy and temporary use it to pair with ur handphone without LTE.
It works the same except u cannot leave ur handphone too far away.

Iím a first time user and still trying to get use to it.
Cos Iím too used to my handphone that I always brought it along and I find it hard and slower to rely chat on the watch than handphone.
LIN_JOEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 09:06 AM   #782

Since the termination yesterday around 4pm, I managed to re configure at 8am today, less 24 hours. Gone through all the steps, now waiting for activation and SMS. So far one hour already. But as some of you waited 3 hours, then I will be patient.

Update 14 Feb, 1012hrs: still activating

After 5 days daily termination request with all kinds of threats finally some light as they seem to be working on the termination..

“I truly understand your concern on this.*Latest update that I can provide is that I had manage to get replies for the relevant team that is checking and also following up with your case. They are in the process to do the termination of the numbershare so you may get it a try again.*I have yet to receive confirmation if the order had been completed. I understand my service might not meet your expectation and I am not the best person to advise on this*But let me do at my best expedite for you. will get back *you as soon as latest while waiting the teams reply.”

Last edited by crobin; 14-02-2018 at 10:12 AM..
crobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #783

NumberShare finally active after 5 days!

Finally at 1105am today, SMS received and data now active! Took three hours to activate.

So if Singtel had followed my instructions and terminate my NumberShare on Friday, I would have been up by Saturday, instead of 4 days later.

Since the termination yesterday around 4pm, I managed to re configure at 8am today, less 24 hours. Gone through all the steps, now waiting for activation and SMS. So far one hour already. But as some of you waited 3 hours, then I will be patient.

Update 14 Feb, 1012hrs: still activating

LIN_JOEL likes this.

Last edited by crobin; 14-02-2018 at 11:24 AM..
Old 14-02-2018, 11:41 AM   #784
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then it’s time for a review!

Finally at 1105am today, SMS received and data now active! Took three hours to activate.

So if Singtel had followed my instructions and terminate my NumberShare on Friday, I would have been up by Saturday, instead of 4 days later.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 05:14 PM   #785

Can imagine how you feel man ? I'm in the same shoe now. Reinstalled repaired the watch setup as new. Cannot get it activated now. Keep saying I'm subscribe.

I'm trying to PM SingTel directly here. Hope they can "reset" it soon
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 07:00 PM   #786
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah just give them a little time to sort out for you..

Can imagine how you feel man ? I'm in the same shoe now. Reinstalled repaired the watch setup as new. Cannot get it activated now. Keep saying I'm subscribe.

I'm trying to PM SingTel directly here. Hope they can "reset" it soon
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 10:29 PM   #787

@crobin, same issue here. Shows me the screen saying that I have successfully subscribed and wants me to call 1688. I called SingTel to cancel my NumberShare and will resubscribe on my own later. Did you manage to resubscribe?
I was told to let them reactivate numbershare and for me to try later to resubscribe. This looks like not an uncommon problem.

Will update.
aureus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 11:22 PM   #788
Master Member

Maybe you all accidentally delete eSIM profile? That’s why need to reactivate?

I was told to let them reactivate numbershare and for me to try later to resubscribe. This looks like not an uncommon problem.

Will update.
swgj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 12:31 AM   #789
Supremacy Member

I believe when Apple LTE launched in the US, US Telcos have a lot problems initially too but I would have thought those issues have been ironed out.
sqgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 12:52 AM   #790
Master Member

I believe when Apple LTE launched in the US, US Telcos have a lot problems initially too but I would have thought those issues have been ironed out.
Ya, when I'm trying to troubleshoot my issue.
I happens to read that US telecom got this issue with some customers.
Customer seek for both Apple and Teleco for assistance but couldn't solve the issue initially.
Finally they solve the issue by providing the Telco their Apple watch EID as the Telco system did not have their database.

I did asked Singtel regarding this before but the CSO only able to see my status as Subscribe and no other information....
LIN_JOEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 05:11 AM   #791

Initially mine took hours while others reported only needed 5-15 minutes. So I did force reboot once after 4 hours. Maybe need to be really patient and just wait and never force reboot.

Maybe you all accidentally delete eSIM profile? That’s why need to reactivate?
Old 15-02-2018, 06:00 AM   #792

Still waiting for my NumberShare cancellation to be reflected so I can resubscribe.

How would you know the service is cancelled?

Was on Apple support. They said to give Singtel imei and eid. Told Singtel that but they seem to want to try the cancel and resubscribe method.
aureus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 08:58 AM   #793

Still waiting for my NumberShare cancellation to be reflected so I can resubscribe.

How would you know the service is cancelled?

Was on Apple support. They said to give Singtel imei and eid. Told Singtel that but they seem to want to try the cancel and resubscribe method.
Encountered the same problem yesterday. Was "activating" for a few hours and decided to reboot and re-sync. Thereafter, when I tried to subscribe to mobile data on the app, it says "already subscribed". I called Singtel last night and they terminated numbershare on their end. I noticed within an hour on my Singtel account that the numbershare add-on has been removed (thus cancelled). When I tried to subscribe to mobile data again this morning, at least 9 hours later, the app again shows "already subscribed". I've rebooted the watch, re-paired as new, and still the same. I wonder when I can subscribe to Singtel numbershare again. A bit caught in no man's land now...
deslianer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 09:12 AM   #794
Master Member

Force reboot which is factory reset the watch? Maybe that removed the eSIM profile, which complicates the process.

If just restart the watch, then shouldn’t be an issue.

Seeing the US side having so much issues at launch, not surprised the same happened here.

Initially mine took hours while others reported only needed 5-15 minutes. So I did force reboot once after 4 hours. Maybe need to be really patient and just wait and never force reboot.

swgj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 09:46 AM   #795

It’s only restart, not factory reset. But it did cause a problem after that.

Force reboot which is factory reset the watch? Maybe that removed the eSIM profile, which complicates the process.

If just restart the watch, then shouldn’t be an issue.

Seeing the US side having so much issues at launch, not surprised the same happened here.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.