HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Watch 3 LTE

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2018, 08:01 PM   #841

Tell them don’t talk rubbish.

I am in the same scenario with you. Cso don't have the access to the terminate numbershare and requested me to go back to Suntec shop and get it sorted out.
crobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 08:05 PM   #842

Also report with all information Iike this so they know u really have problems:

All my data consolidated :
Mobile number: *****
1. Go to Apple Watch, if you swipe up, is the cellular icon in white or is it clear (i.e. not even white)? - Clear
2. Go to Apple Watch, Setting > General > About, check for the Carrier bundle, is it version 3.2? - Not available
3. Go to Apple Watch, Setting > General > About, check if there is any information under ‘ICCID’ field? - No SIM
4. Go to Apple Watch, Setting > General > About > Version, check the version number, is it 4.2.2? - Yes, 4.22
5. Turn off Bluetooth on the iPhone, and Wifi on the Watch, to try to trigger the mobile connectivity and report the result. - Still cannot.
6. Restart Apple Watch and see if it solves the problem. - Still cannot
7. On iPhone > Settings > General > About > Carrier, what is the version? - Singtel 31.1
8. On iPhone > Settings > General > About > Version, what is the version? - 11.2.5
9. On iPhone > Apple > Watch > Mobile Data, what do you see when you click Mobile Data - Singtel on left. Spinning ball on right. Then both change to “Set Up Mobile Data”. What happens when you click this? - Brings me to a screen that says “You are already subscribed!”.
Old 17-02-2018, 08:06 PM   #843
Master Member

I am facing the same “I am already subscribed” issue despite a replacement of the watch and numerous troubleshooting attempts with the Apple technical team. Having read the posts of fellow forumers, I called 1688 and requested that they cancel the NumberShare service, so that I can resubscribe. I was however informed by Singtel that 1) my profile seems to be working perfect from their end, and 2) I have to pay penalty charges for early termination of contract, which comes up to a hundred-ish dollars. To add to my anguish they advised me to contact Apple technical support for what seemed to be the nth time.

I am at my wits end. If anyone managed to get Singtel to cancel their NumberShare service without penalty, could you share your experience and particularly how did you convince them to waive the penalty?
Erm... I think I remembered seeing...

1st 3 months free and if terminate early within 1st 3 months only charge u the activation fees and subscription right?
4th months onwards den they charge full contract.

Even $6.90 * 12 months also less than $90.... how u get hundreds....
LIN_JOEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 08:15 PM   #844

Erm... I think I remembered seeing...

1st 3 months free and if terminate early within 1st 3 months only charge u the activation fees and subscription right?
4th months onwards den they charge full contract.

Even $6.90 * 12 months also less than $90.... how u get hundreds....
I also don’t know! This is what Singtel quoted me. Even if it’s less than $90 it is ridiculous to make me pay. Super pek chek now.
eatdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 08:57 PM   #845
Master Member

I also don’t know! This is what Singtel quoted me. Even if it’s less than $90 it is ridiculous to make me pay. Super pek chek now.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/sup...aid/applewatch

2. What is the subscription charges and minimum subscription period?

You can enjoy NumberShare at just $6.90/month for a limited time only. There is a minimum subscription period of 12 months. You can also enjoy free subscription for the first 3 months*. *Terms & Conditions apply.

18. Is there an early termination fee if I choose to terminate NumberShare within the 12 months subscription period?

Yes, early termination charge(s) will apply. Termination charges can be calculated via multiplying the monthly service fee and remaining months of the subscription period.

There will be no charges if you terminate your NumberShare subscription within the first 3 months as the subscription is free during this period.
Old 17-02-2018, 09:20 PM   #846

I was trying to find the terms of the contract. Thanks for that!
eatdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #847
Arch-Supremacy Member

thinking of getting apple series 3 but not too sure on this lte version

can you guys who bought ite version tell me what's the use of it cos im sure most of the time your phone is on/beside you.
i dont think bulk or weight is an issue since every person has been carrying one since the beginning of handphones

i can think of going for jogs etc but besides that?
123kidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 09:45 PM   #848
Master Member

can you guys who bought ite version tell me what's the use of it cos im sure most of the time your phone is on/beside you.
i dont think bulk or weight is an issue since every person has been carrying one since the beginning of handphones

If you not going for Stainless steel models.

Den it's $549 vs $649
$100 differences for LTE.
some willing to pay more just in case they needed it in future or some just saved on it as more unlikely to use LTE service.

Some bought LTE from oversea cos Japan Selling approx $549 (LTE) same as local GPS price.
Old 17-02-2018, 11:09 PM   #849

Also report with all information Iike this so they know u really have problems:

All my data consolidated :
Mobile number: *****
1. Go to Apple Watch, if you swipe up, is the cellular icon in white or is it clear (i.e. not even white)? - Clear
2. Go to Apple Watch, Setting > General > About, check for the Carrier bundle, is it version 3.2? - Not available
3. Go to Apple Watch, Setting > General > About, check if there is any information under ‘ICCID’ field? - No SIM
4. Go to Apple Watch, Setting > General > About > Version, check the version number, is it 4.2.2? - Yes, 4.22
5. Turn off Bluetooth on the iPhone, and Wifi on the Watch, to try to trigger the mobile connectivity and report the result. - Still cannot.
6. Restart Apple Watch and see if it solves the problem. - Still cannot
7. On iPhone > Settings > General > About > Carrier, what is the version? - Singtel 31.1
8. On iPhone > Settings > General > About > Version, what is the version? - 11.2.5
9. On iPhone > Apple > Watch > Mobile Data, what do you see when you click Mobile Data - Singtel on left. Spinning ball on right. Then both change to “Set Up Mobile Data”. What happens when you click this? - Brings me to a screen that says “You are already subscribed!”.
i think most bros and sisters here that have successfully been using aw3 lte with Singtel numbershare for more than a week and yet some of u are still struggling to setup ur watch.

why dont u make a trip down to see the apple genius at orchard store and if they claim there is nthing wrong with ur aw3 u could walk over to comctr and demand singtel to solve ur issue f2f.

talk here talk to cso will not resolve ur issues and some of these cso could only be contact or temp staffs there is so much they could do.

esp urself bro crobin when i noticed u mentioned prior to launch u said u r getting a edition than they shld more so resolve ur issue.

u can shout and complaint here in this forum until the cows come home ur issue would still remains esp when other users like me and many others shared here got the subscription up and running within 5mims.

u can buay song me saying the above but this is my 2cents when i have been seeing ur post since the 9th feb which i have been enjoying my aw3 lte since that day.
pangsaikang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 11:23 PM   #850

How? Do I have to go to the Apple Store or can I do it online?
if u happen to be in HK walk in to any Apple stores with ur AW3 to purchase the AC+ for ur AW3 if u r still qualify to get the coverage which would save u S$22 based on current Xchange rate.
pangsaikang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 06:02 AM   #851

I suggest u report by HWZ Forum PM Singtel account. At least they ask sensible questions. Also use the Singtel mobile app and message them. That way everything is documented and they can’t run away .. actually I reported by 1688, HWZ Pm and Singtel mobile app. Singtel should really give proper support for a new rollout. Different support personnel have very different levels of competence.

talking about their competence!
same for their fibre support, i believe their CSO and "backend" has now all moved to malaysia Malacca, many of them don't know how to troubleshoot properly. recently i have my fibre problem with slow download speed(400+mbps instead of 1000mbps). the field technical talk to them until they also fed up. resetting a simple ONT profile can take more than 1 hr(use to only take 10 mins max!)

The corporate greed of cutting costs by outsourcing has repercussions, but those up there failed to see all this problems at the ground level for end consumers and their field workers.

simple services also cannot handle properly, singtel is going down the drain. i'm no longer a proud user...
I pity our local physical support end up having their time all wasted cannot fulfill appointments in time.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 10:10 AM   #852
Master Member

Wah Singtel having $200 off on 38mm when u signup with iPhone X and plan.

Edit: promotion ended on 16/2/2018...but I still seeing the ads today

Last edited by LIN_JOEL; 18-02-2018 at 10:12 AM..
Old 18-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #853

My uses of LTE:

1. When I go to sauna/steam room where phones not allowed due to safety and decency. And locker too far range for phone to link to watch.

2. When I go to gym and I can't really put the phone in my pocket. And if I put it on the floor, every time I change station I got to remember to bring it along. And locker too far range for phone to link to watch.

3. When I go jogging outside and having a phone jiggle around not really ideal.

4. If I go swimming I can't very well bring my phone with me. And leaving my phone near the pool is not safe. So I swim with my watch and leave the phone in a locker.

5. At home when you left your phone on the desk and you go to a place in your home where its a wifi deadspot.

6. When you go to a dance party and having a phone is not comfortable in your outfits and you don't feel safe to leave it in a bag near to you.

7. If you lose your watch (or get stolen), theoretically you should be able to track it by Find my Phone function .. you can't this on a non LTE watch.

8. In an emergency or accident or theft, you are more likely to lost access to your phone. With the watch you can then call for help or use it to trace your phone.

9. In certain secure places, phones are not allowed. You might be able to get away with a LTE watch though.

10. Finally .. its better to have LTE than no. Other than price there is no penalty in terms of speed, weight etc. Its the smallest and lightest LTE watch by far compared to Android.

Old 18-02-2018, 12:44 PM   #854

Did that. Went to Orchard Apple Store. Watc was fine. They said they have started directing some with similar problems to Comcentre.

Went to Comcentre. They were also serving one other guy. Said will terminate NumberShare and let us try again.

1688 just called me. Said NumberShare terminated since 14 Feb 8pm. I should be able to resubscribe.....

But no still having the "You are already Subscribed" message.

I postulate two possibilities.
1) The watch is still remembering the old plan? Cos I get the loading plan with spinning circle message. Then I get channeled to the Singtel you are already subscribed page.
2) There is probably one more "switch" on singtel's side which needs to be pulled. I am not sure. Only guessing....

Will see how it goes. Maybe give up for a week then retry once they are better at dealing with this.

i think most bros and sisters here that have successfully been using aw3 lte with Singtel numbershare for more than a week and yet some of u are still struggling to setup ur watch.

why dont u make a trip down to see the apple genius at orchard store and if they claim there is nthing wrong with ur aw3 u could walk over to comctr and demand singtel to solve ur issue f2f.

talk here talk to cso will not resolve ur issues and some of these cso could only be contact or temp staffs there is so much they could do.

esp urself bro crobin when i noticed u mentioned prior to launch u said u r getting a edition than they shld more so resolve ur issue.

u can shout and complaint here in this forum until the cows come home ur issue would still remains esp when other users like me and many others shared here got the subscription up and running within 5mims.

u can buay song me saying the above but this is my 2cents when i have been seeing ur post since the 9th feb which i have been enjoying my aw3 lte since that day.
aureus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 12:48 PM   #855

For me mostly for weekends when I hv my phone and ipad with me and the phone becomes the odd device out wit th AW3 lte. That and when working out.
Just make sure you don't end up getting it as a solution for a problem you don't have . Only you will know your use case
klho001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.