HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Watch 3 LTE

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2018, 09:25 PM   #1381

Anybody knows if I can switch my existing aw3 cellular to a brand new one while keeping the same subscription? Thinking of flipping the aluminum one into a stainless steel one.
sellwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 10:15 PM   #1382

Anybody knows if I can switch my existing aw3 cellular to a brand new one while keeping the same subscription? Thinking of flipping the aluminum one into a stainless steel one.
You can still keep the current subscription but there will be a $10.70 (extra one time) activation charge, due to a different eSIM number of the 'new' Apple Watch.

Each cellular Apple Watch has a different eSIM number.
Snoweagle likes this.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 10:47 PM   #1383

I see. Thanks for the info. Looking to pass the aluminum version to my sis and get the sst one.

You can still keep the current subscription but there will be a $10.70 (extra one time) activation charge, due to a different eSIM number of the 'new' Apple Watch.

Each cellular Apple Watch has a different eSIM number.
sellwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #1384
Master Member

Need some advice.

Currently, I have a AW Series 3 paired with my iPhone and just received a Singtel AW Cellular as gift.

What is the correct steps to unpair my current AW, clean erase it, then set up the new AW with NumberShare successfully?

indly pardon me if this same question has been asked in the earlier thread; meanwhile I’m reading the earlier pages. I appreciate your advice.
dreamer_toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 06:50 PM   #1385

Need some advice.

Currently, I have a AW Series 3 paired with my iPhone and just received a Singtel AW Cellular as gift.

What is the correct steps to unpair my current AW, clean erase it, then set up the new AW with NumberShare successfully?

indly pardon me if this same question has been asked in the earlier thread; meanwhile I’m reading the earlier pages. I appreciate your advice.
Simply unpair the Apple Watch from your iPhone. It will ‘automatically’ create a backup of that Apple Watch.

By unpairing, would delete the data on that Apple Watch.
- However, to confirm that it has really been deleted, it must be shown with the ‘viewfinder’. (Viewfinder - the ‘galaxy’ that shows it is ready to pair to a new or another iPhone)

Pair the new Apple Watch with Cellular to your iPhone and if you would like, you can restore to that backup.

A step by step guide will appear for you to set up Mobile Data for your new Apple Watch alongside to restore to the backup.

Last edited by tec_geek; 18-05-2018 at 06:54 PM..
Old 24-05-2018, 11:17 AM   #1386

Thanks for the great information here!
Joel1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 11:11 PM   #1387
Supremacy Member

just to check,

if i buy the LTE version....but i dun wanna use the LTE possible ?

cos i wan the SS version.

the GPS only version no SS
stupidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 11:20 PM   #1388
Arch-Supremacy Member

just to check,

if i buy the LTE version....but i dun wanna use the LTE possible ?

cos i wan the SS version.

the GPS only version no SS
Yes of course, just donít activate numbershare (if youíre on singtel). If other telco then itís easier.
Old 27-05-2018, 11:41 PM   #1389
Supremacy Member

Yes of course, just donít activate numbershare (if youíre on singtel). If other telco then itís easier.
i'm using m1 leh. so no issue right as i wan only GPS nia.

why GPS version no SS
stupidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 09:01 AM   #1390
Arch-Supremacy Member

i'm using m1 leh. so no issue right as i wan only GPS nia.

why GPS version no SS
Yes no issues, only thing is no LTE service.

Initially I was wondering how come no SS models but in the end found out they're exclusively for LTE models. I bought in the end as I'm also using Singtel so activated Numbershare. The bad thing when mobile data is in use is that it drains your batt quickly even when you leave your watch in standby.
stupidog likes this.
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 02:12 AM   #1391

watchOS 4.3.1 is out!

Old 30-05-2018, 08:55 AM   #1392
Arch-Supremacy Member

watchOS 4.3.1 is out!

Downloaded and installed for my Series 3 LTE early this morning, will do it for my Series 2 this evening.
Snoweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 09:41 PM   #1393
Master Member

Encounter the issue of disconnect with a red X on top when my iPhone and watch are separated earlier when I went for a jog.

The separation distance was pretty far and I thought the watch would automatically use the LTE. Instead, it stayed 'disconnect' throughout my run and I missed a couple of WhatsApp messages. I don't think it is the signal being poor at that location, I was in a stadium.

When I made further check by swiping up from the clock page. there was no LTE signal dots on the top left corner. When I check the Activity apps later, no route was recorded as well.

I am still on 4.3 and yet to update to the latest software.

Needs some views here before I make a trip to Apple Store if it warrants a checks by Apple. Is this normal, or rightfully, it should switch automatically?

Last edited by dreamer_toons; 30-05-2018 at 09:52 PM..
Old 30-05-2018, 09:57 PM   #1394
Arch-Supremacy Member

Encounter the issue of disconnect with a red X on top when my iPhone and watch are separated earlier when I went for a jog.

The separation distance was pretty far and I thought the watch would automatically use the LTE. Instead, it stayed 'disconnect' throughout my run and I missed a couple of WhatsApp messages. I don't think it is the signal being poor at that location, I was in a stadium.

When I made further check by swiping up from the clock page. there was no LTE signal dots on the top left corner.

I am still on 4.3 and yet to update to the latest software.

Needs some views here before I make a trip to Apple Store if it warrants a checks by Apple. Is this normal, or rightfully, it should switch automatically?
Usually, the x will be on for a few seconds after disconnection from phone and will activate LTE BUT sometimes will take longer to activate depending on location and signal. You also can't assume the signal is always strong in that particular location as it's very subjective and also depends on anything blocking the signal or not.

My longest was only around half a minute or so before LTE kicks in and when it happens for that duration, the signal can only be just one dot. 4.3 or even the current 4.3.1 is also the same.

Before you make that Genius Bar appointment, does your issue occur all the time or only at the stadium? If you go elsewhere, does LTE activate? You can do a test by turning off your phone's BT and let the watch run full time LTE (though battery will take a toll) but that's a way to test out before sending it in.
Old 31-05-2018, 09:14 AM   #1395
Master Member

Usually, the x will be on for a few seconds after disconnection from phone and will activate LTE BUT sometimes will take longer to activate depending on location and signal. You also can't assume the signal is always strong in that particular location as it's very subjective and also depends on anything blocking the signal or not.

My longest was only around half a minute or so before LTE kicks in and when it happens for that duration, the signal can only be just one dot. 4.3 or even the current 4.3.1 is also the same.

Before you make that Genius Bar appointment, does your issue occur all the time or only at the stadium? If you go elsewhere, does LTE activate? You can do a test by turning off your phone's BT and let the watch run full time LTE (though battery will take a toll) but that's a way to test out before sending it in.

This happens randomly. In my workplace, it switched automatically at times and it doesn't and stayed disconnected.

Last night, it stayed disconnected for an hour+ till I returned and the iPhone was within the range. And earlier, I switched my iPhone and waited toes what happen. The watch stayed disconnected and only after I restarted the watch, it stayed on LTE.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.