HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Watch 3rd Party Adapters and Bands

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2015, 09:48 AM   #151

Oh ok. Heading to Q10 now look look.
Bro, if you buying from taobao. My research says don't buy from those seller with red colour. That one quality is not as good as the one which only have official apple colours. This assessment is made based on reading the reviews.

Mine should arrive in sg today and collect hopefully tmr. 65DG didn't ship on Sat when though I ask for it to be shipped or it will be here liao.

In gist, check out the reviews before buying anything on taobao
icyflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2015, 09:55 AM   #152

Bro, if you buying from taobao. My research says don't buy from those seller with red colour. That one quality is not as good as the one which only have official apple colours. This assessment is made based on reading the reviews.

Mine should arrive in sg today and collect hopefully tmr. 65DG didn't ship on Sat when though I ask for it to be shipped or it will be here liao.

This is what I mean...

Old 14-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #153

Where to buy? Any black color band?
Bought it from one of the China sellers in Qoo10. The seller i bought only sell silver. Few sellers selling other colours like gold, rose gold aka champagne and black. Saw one seller selling non-silver @ $60+ and another seller selling @ $120+. So you decide who to buy. I will definitely go for the cheaper one..
palmtungsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2015, 10:55 AM   #154

Yeah it isn't easy and it's my first time with a proper watch band. My missus was able to use the included band adjusting tool to help me adjust. I couldn't decide how tight to wear it. Originally she adjusted it to make it shorter but still too loose and now it's a bit tighter almost like my sport band but I worry it's too tight! Looks good though.

... time to stop buying bands now.

On another note, the cheap $4 plastic case - I realised one problem with it. When wearing in shower, water gets in and looks a bit icky (worried it'll spoil the metal over time) so decided to take it off. I wonder if the Hoco band is waterproof too for showers...
I remove 2 links on each side of the band and remove 4 links in total.

I can insert my last finger after put on the Hoco watch band. It is fitting and not tight and not loose.

Am considering to buy black one...
Old 14-07-2015, 11:17 AM   #155

I remove 2 links on each side of the band and remove 4 links in total.

I can insert my last finger after put on the Hoco watch band. It is fitting and not tight and not loose.

Am considering to buy black one...
link to get 1?
VodkaPear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2015, 11:57 AM   #156

link to get 1?
http://list.qoo10.sg/s/APPLE-WATCH-STRAP?keyword=apple+watch+strap

You can see many hoco stainless steel watch strap seller. If you want to know who is seller I buy from, you can PM me
Old 14-07-2015, 12:59 PM   #157

Thanks for the heads-up. Will wait for your feedback and compare with the one from ianfann.
Old 14-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #158

I took the plunge today and ordered this : http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=45464760256

The seller claims that his milanese loop is exactly the same as the original apple one and his quality is the best compared to the rest of the sellers in taobao. He also claims that the width of the band is up to the edge of the adapter unlike other sellers whos band is 0.5mm slimmer than the adapter. I also read the reviews and the comments are quite positive. The item should arrive in 10 days, so fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Last edited by ianfann; 14-07-2015 at 01:41 PM..
ianfann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2015, 02:02 PM   #159

I took the plunge today and ordered this : http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=45464760256

The seller claims that his milanese loop is exactly the same as the original apple one and his quality is the best compared to the rest of the sellers in taobao. He also claims that the width of the band is up to the edge of the adapter unlike other sellers whos band is 0.5mm slimmer than the adapter. I also read the reviews and the comments are quite positive. The item should arrive in 10 days, so fingers crossed and hope for the best.
good will wait for your review. After using both loop, I end up prefer the leather loop more then the milanese loop.
keigo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2015, 07:53 PM   #160

Thanks for the heads-up. Will wait for your feedback and compare with the one from ianfann.
The leather loop came. Quality is quite good but no markings as per pics in review. Not sure whether daigou decided to order from another seller or seller sending out 2 versions. Will try to dispute.

But I am happy with the case. It is actually plastic but looks good.

ianfann likes this.
Old 14-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #161

The leather loop came. Quality is quite good but no markings as per pics in review. Not sure whether daigou decided to order from another seller or seller sending out 2 versions. Will try to dispute.

But I am happy with the case. It is actually plastic but looks good.

Sorry but that case doesn't look very good leh, wanted to buy it but now thinking twice liao.
Old 14-07-2015, 08:23 PM   #162

Sorry but that case doesn't look very good leh, wanted to buy it but now thinking twice liao.
I think it looks good cuz it doesn't change the outlook of the phone, keeping it almost as it is. Offers protection against bumps and scratches which is just what I need. No need tempered glass so my remax full screen will be kept in drawer for now.

Do share if you find better cases.
Old 14-07-2015, 08:46 PM   #163

I think it looks good cuz it doesn't change the outlook of the phone, keeping it almost as it is. Offers protection against bumps and scratches which is just what I need. No need tempered glass so my remax full screen will be kept in drawer for now.

Do share if you find better cases.
I'm wondering did you guys never buy applecare+?? why the need for bumper and screen protector??

I just use my watch nude and till now still look ok.
keigo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2015, 08:52 PM   #164

I'm wondering did you guys never buy applecare+?? why the need for bumper and screen protector??

Me too, my watch is naked but need to beautify it with more bands
Old 14-07-2015, 08:56 PM   #165

I got AppleCare+ on all my mobile devices but I, most of the time use cases. I can only speak for myself: it's psychological, paranoia, OCD-ness, the likes.
speedster4005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.