HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Watch 3rd Party Adapters and Bands

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2015, 06:55 PM   #121

HOCO Blue leather strap with SS classic buckle and black watch adapters! Why they send me black adapters?! I didn't ask for it, and on the seller's website it shows SS adapters. The leather so so only, I don't recommend this strap, please don't buy.

HOCO leather you have to go for premium grade one then different. The normal grade one are known to be crappy.
keigo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #122

i just gotten my strap... overall not bad.

although i nv try the orginal Apple strap before.

gotten my black too but different seller from what posted here. The magnet is also strong and leather qty feel premium but can last or not will see.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:05 PM   #123
Arch-Supremacy Member

y ur hands all so sexy and hairy?
123kidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:19 PM   #124

gotten my black too but different seller from what posted here. The magnet is also strong and leather qty feel premium but can last or not will see.
Please show photo or it didn't happen
ianfann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:19 PM   #125

Fair enough. Looks decent in your photos compared to some of the other junk I've seen now at challenger Funan for $49.90 (Pearland Apple Watch leather band).

To save everyone the hassle this is what they had today. Note no stands in stock anymore at Funan Challenger.
I bought the Baseus Milanese loop in Singapore from a store called Mac Infinity in Funan for $25 SGD. It doesn't feel as good as genuine Apple given the clasp isn't magnetic but it is adjustable (within the notches) and quality seems okay so far. Looks nice with my SS 42mm. Best bit was the store clerk gave me a $5 discount when I bought it with the tempered glass screen protector ($15), and the staff helped with adjusting the clasp using a flat head screwdriver and applied the glass screen protector.

Here are some photos

Note I took last 42mm to try before buying and hence none left so had to take a photo of the 38mm band. There were a few other options but this seemed to be a decent price and I couldn't find anything bad about the Baseus Milanesr watch band from Google and a thread in MacRumors.
Can upload your photos bigger?
spidercyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:22 PM   #126

y ur hands all so sexy and hairy?
Wah, you guys should start waxing before showing off your wrist or this thread is gonna get steamy...
Old 12-07-2015, 08:12 PM   #127

Calf leather
ianfann likes this.
Ultravox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:32 PM   #128

Please show photo or it didn't happen
you so interested on my hair...

ianfann likes this.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:48 PM   #129

you so interested on my hair...

Bro, I see a two defects.

The adapter is a little bit short and can see a small groove on the side.
The finishing on the side of the leather looks frayed and not terminated properly, looks like poor workmanship.

But ok lah, I think for the price you paid for it, what to expect?

NB : I not interested in men lol
Old 12-07-2015, 09:11 PM   #130

did my 1st purchase via 65DG (1st time using 65DG too)

will post pix 2 weeks later.

selected economy air

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=...4.12193480.0.0
and
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=...4.12193480.0.0

wish me luck ok
bro, your items arrive already? Can update us. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2015, 11:45 PM   #131

Sorry guys - tried to get updates to HWZ live so was trying to post using the iPhone but the HWZ forums kept crashing when I tried to use the upload function.

Here are the photos (and some more) again of the Baseue Milanese loop band and the tempered glass screen protector for the 42mm (which looks a bit odd since I can see the outline quite distinctly when the screen isn't on making it look a lot less seamless than before).

More photos: http://imgur.com/a/OfyQh#0

Quality is decent and exceeds expectations for $25 (or $20 after discount). I can see there's a little bit of gap in the band where it connects to the watch but I wonder if this is intentional to give it some slack/flex so it doesn't break when moved/stressed.

EDIT: I do wonder if this is a knock off given it's a Milanese Buckle rather than Loop, and a fraction of a price > http://www.mobilefun.sg/53492-baseus...2mm-silver.htm

I bought the Baseus Milanese loop in Singapore from a store called Mac Infinity in Funan for $25 SGD. It doesn't feel as good as genuine Apple given the clasp isn't magnetic but it is adjustable (within the notches) and quality seems okay so far. Looks nice with my SS 42mm. Best bit was the store clerk gave me a $5 discount when I bought it with the tempered glass screen protector ($15), and the staff helped with adjusting the clasp using a flat head screwdriver and applied the glass screen protector.

Note I took last 42mm to try before buying and hence none left so had to take a photo of the 38mm band. There were a few other options but this seemed to be a decent price and I couldn't find anything bad about the Baseus Milanesr watch band from Google and a thread in MacRumors.
ianfann likes this.

Last edited by jace88; 13-07-2015 at 12:09 AM.. Reason: I wonder if it's fake :S
jace88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:53 PM   #132

Fair enough. Looks decent in your photos compared to some of the other junk I've seen now at challenger Funan for $49.90 (Pearland Apple Watch leather band).

To save everyone the hassle this is what they had today. Note no stands in stock anymore at Funan Challenger.
Here are updated photos... hopefully postimg org is a decent hosting site!
http://postimg.org/gallery/dfsjkx6s/
Old 13-07-2015, 09:15 AM   #133

Here are updated photos... hopefully postimg org is a decent hosting site!
http://postimg.org/gallery/dfsjkx6s/
Thanks for the upload. Wa valore really trying to establish its brand everything also make
spidercyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 10:50 AM   #134

Thanks for the upload. Wa valore really trying to establish its brand everything also make
I think they just buy a bunch of cheap rubbish from overseas and stick it in their packaging. Some of the stuff looked pretty nasty- and made me regret buying two $4 watch cases off Qoo10 since probably same stuff.

On another note, the $50 watch bands looked very cheap and nasty.
Old 13-07-2015, 11:28 AM   #135

Bro, I see a two defects.

The adapter is a little bit short and can see a small groove on the side.
The finishing on the side of the leather looks frayed and not terminated properly, looks like poor workmanship.

But ok lah, I think for the price you paid for it, what to expect?

NB : I not interested in men lol
ya agreed, but as expected it say "chiong" so I can't expect it to be perfect and demand to be the same as a $218 apple loop and unless I stare hard at it it is not very obvious the adapter is a little short.

As for the finishing on the side, it is peeling off and now the finishing on the side look smooth already.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.