HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Watch

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2017, 10:43 AM   #1576
Arch-Supremacy Member

is there such a thing as servicing for apple watches? mine is a series 1 watch and the crown is a little 'stiff', as in its harder to rotate it, getting stuck easily at times.
Bring it back to A.Lab, most probably they'll just replace the whole watch unit.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:04 AM   #1577

put it on lightly running water as suggested by apple:

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT204639
revogsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:23 AM   #1578
Arch-Supremacy Member

put it on lightly running water as suggested by apple:

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT204639
It's only temporary solution. My previous set before current replacement has this issue as well and I did the water thing, after a while it's stiff again.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:53 PM   #1579
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can try spraying WD40 contact cleanser. This flammable oily cleanser helps to remove dirty and oxidation as well..

It's only temporary solution. My previous set before current replacement has this issue as well and I did the water thing, after a while it's stiff again.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #1580
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can try spraying WD40 contact cleanser. This flammable oily cleanser helps to remove dirty and oxidation as well..

I wouldn't want to spray that on my AW. My set now is fine, only previous set.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:00 PM   #1581
Master Member

Bring it back to A.Lab, most probably they'll just replace the whole watch unit.
im not covered for warranty anymore, u have any idea what the charge will be like?

im also a little hesitant to place it under running water? since the watch 1 is not waterproof.
Corny_Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 12:29 AM   #1582
Arch-Supremacy Member

im not covered for warranty anymore, u have any idea what the charge will be like?

im also a little hesitant to place it under running water? since the watch 1 is not waterproof.
Mine was a different issue when I sent it in, my whole back panel became loose and dislodged. Even out of warranty, was replaced with a new unit under Apple's Quality Program. They gave 3 mths repair warranty and just before it was due, the back panel dislodged again and once again replaced with a new unit.

Initially I was quoted $600 but fortunately after some e-mailing to Apple direct, was covered under the program.

So for your case you might wish to enquire first as replacing the whole watch unit can be costly.
Old 13-02-2017, 10:03 AM   #1583
Supremacy Member

Guys,

I have applecare + covered till 6th august 2017.

Just wanted to check if I can go to plaza sing for replacement of watch due to scratches and battery cycle is getting weak as reason to replace?

Do we need to bring the actual paper purchase receipt/invoice for the apple watch?

is it possible to just pass them the watch without the watch straps?
audioenslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 10:24 AM   #1584
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guys,

I have applecare + covered till 6th august 2017.

Just wanted to check if I can go to plaza sing for replacement of watch due to scratches and battery cycle is getting weak as reason to replace?

Do we need to bring the actual paper purchase receipt/invoice for the apple watch?

is it possible to just pass them the watch without the watch straps?
cosmetic damage is not covered under warranty and apple care, battery needs to be assessed via software diagnostic as well and is up tot he discretion of service centre as they have a protocol to follow. Apple is the one strict in this servicing protocols.

You don't have to bring receipts of your apple care and such, because if you successfully registered the apple care, it will show up on apple support and coverage site, unless you wanna dispute on the warranty date.

Of cos you can request to remove the straps and just pass them the module, which they will also indicate that straps were not taken in as well.

If you die die need to service the watch, don't emphasise on the cosmetic scratches i would say, just dive into the battery issue if not they might think you are trying to cook up a story just to service the scratches..
audioenslave likes this.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:21 PM   #1585

Anyone bought series 2 Nike edition. I bought the 42mm one not only the coating at the back comes off very rapidly despite me protecting it well, I also realise it doesn't measures ANY data at all when I run (though I only used it for running twice) aside from recording how long I ran (which a 5 dollar watch can do so). Worst thing is I bought it for 4 months recently then take out the case after a run and realise so much problems
TheAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:27 PM   #1586

Anyone bought series 2 Nike edition. I bought the 42mm one not only the coating at the back comes off very rapidly despite me protecting it well, I also realise it doesn't measures ANY data at all when I run (though I only used it for running twice) aside from recording how long I ran (which a 5 dollar watch can do so). Worst thing is I bought it for 4 months recently then take out the case after a run and realise so much problems
I can confirm it's only you.

By the way please share the $5 watch that can measure distance accurately.
runforyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:37 PM   #1587

How long I ran, not how far I ran so any digital watch can do that.

I can confirm it's only you.

By the way please share the $5 watch that can measure distance accurately.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:38 PM   #1588

I don't have such issues be it 5km or over 20km. Not as accurate as Garmin but gets the job done
runforyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:18 PM   #1589

Well I contacted Apple support and they booked an alab appt for me. Just the coating issue will get a exchanged device if it's in the US but idk for Singapore cuz they told be there won't be repairs but only replacement. But if it's not a new replacement it will also be problematic if I want to resell in future. Guess I'll see how it goes and update here when time comes if anyone facing the same issue is interested.

I don't have such issues be it 5km or over 20km. Not as accurate as Garmin but gets the job done
Old 07-04-2017, 05:57 AM   #1590

I had the same problem, not recording the distance, when I used the Nike+ watch for the first time after restoring from gen 1 watch backup.

So I reset and set as new watch and everything back to normal.

Just don't know why when the Nike+ Watch Taptic Engine tapped me for incoming call, it continue to tap me for a few more seconds after I pick up the call using the phone. Did not happen to my gen 1.

Well I contacted Apple support and they booked an alab appt for me. Just the coating issue will get a exchanged device if it's in the US but idk for Singapore cuz they told be there won't be repairs but only replacement. But if it's not a new replacement it will also be problematic if I want to resell in future. Guess I'll see how it goes and update here when time comes if anyone facing the same issue is interested.
sohbengkuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.