HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Watch

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2017, 09:34 AM   #1621

If my Apple Watch is locked with a passcode,will the notifications will appear on the AW?Sorry for asking cause first time using the AW
Fendi37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 10:05 AM   #1622

Yes it will
macb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #1623

But it seems there's no notifications when I passcode locked my AW.I've enquiry with the Apple support centre and they told me not to passcode lock in order to receive notifications on the AW
Old 29-07-2017, 01:53 PM   #1624

Did u all buy AppleCare for your AW?
lunarsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 10:40 PM   #1625
Arch-Supremacy Member

But it seems there's no notifications when I passcode locked my AW.I've enquiry with the Apple support centre and they told me not to passcode lock in order to receive notifications on the AW
I do passcode lock my AW as I use Apple Pay, but all my notifications still come in.
Old 30-07-2017, 10:37 AM   #1626

Have you enable "unlock with iphone"?
I have that that option enabled.

macb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 11:32 AM   #1627

Have you enable "unlock with iphone"?
I have that that option enabled.
I've done it but the problem is it can't detect on my left wrist cause of my tattoos but when I try it on my right wrist it works

Sent from LGE LG-K535 using GAGT
Old 18-08-2017, 09:18 PM   #1628
Supremacy Member

Apple Pay on Apple Watch how to scan thumb ? Since no Touch ID?
Need to key pass code every time to use Apple Pay ?
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 10:20 PM   #1629

I believe you need your phone to be nearby (connected through bluetooth) before can use Apple Pay on Apple Watch. Just found the link. You can take a look at the "Pay in Stores"

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201239

They have a "Watch the Demo". looks nice, have a look...
(can't really share my experience as I have yet to own a Apple Watch)
Old 19-08-2017, 11:53 AM   #1630
Arch-Supremacy Member

No need. First, you need to add cards to your Apple Watch via the Apple Watch app. Once it's done, open the wallet app on your watch to activate Apple Pay on your watch.

Passcode is only needed when you wear your watch and will only re-lock when you remove your watch. To use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, double-click your watch's side button and your primary card will appear. To pay, simply just place your watch with screen facing the NFC reader and your watch will double vibrate twice to confirm payment.

If you have added multiple cards, select them just but turning the scroll wheel when you double-click your side button.

Hope that helps.
Old 22-08-2017, 12:49 AM   #1631
Supremacy Member

Charging Apple Watch over night willl cock up the battery ?
Old 22-08-2017, 12:51 AM   #1632
Supremacy Member

Thx bro
So the Apple Watch won't auto bring up the payment when u near a NFC ? It will work onky when u double presss the button to activate it up ?

No need. First, you need to add cards to your Apple Watch via the Apple Watch app. Once it's done, open the wallet app on your watch to activate Apple Pay on your watch.

Passcode is only needed when you wear your watch and will only re-lock when you remove your watch. To use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, double-click your watch's side button and your primary card will appear. To pay, simply just place your watch with screen facing the NFC reader and your watch will double vibrate twice to confirm payment.

If you have added multiple cards, select them just but turning the scroll wheel when you double-click your side button.

Hope that helps.
Old 22-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #1633
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thx bro
So the Apple Watch won't auto bring up the payment when u near a NFC ? It will work onky when u double presss the button to activate it up ?

you need to manually activate the wallet on the watch and it won't auto detect payment.

Hope that helps.
actually from the teardown videos on youtube, the nfc antenna is located at the 12 o'clock of the watch. therefore you can still tap with the watch face facing you and the top of the watch tapping the reader.

watch face facing down the reader also can provided the 12 o'clock area is aligned within the coverage area of the reader..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 01:55 PM   #1634
Arch-Supremacy Member

actually from the teardown videos on youtube, the nfc antenna is located at the 12 o'clock of the watch. therefore you can still tap with the watch face facing you and the top of the watch tapping the reader.

watch face facing down the reader also can provided the 12 o'clock area is aligned within the coverage area of the reader..
Tried that before and getting a successful detection is lower than if you face the screen towards the reader.
Old 25-08-2017, 12:29 AM   #1635
Supremacy Member

If charge over night & go zzz won't cock up rhe battery ?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.