HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Watch

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2015, 08:24 AM   #751

My watch just hanged. Tapping on the screen just wakes it up, but can't do anything else. Had to press both hardware buttons to shut it down. Restarting the watch solved the problem.
what reasons you can think of that causes the hang? too many glances?

thus far, has not experience hang.. only experience 15 seconds delay in imessage notitications on apple watch
palmtungsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 08:33 AM   #752
Supremacy Member

what reasons you can think of that causes the hang? too many glances?

thus far, has not experience hang.. only experience 15 seconds delay in imessage notitications on apple watch
Actually I wasn't using it at all. Charged it, put it on in the morning and went out to work. While stopping at traffic light I saw a red dot on the watch and tried to tap it to see the notification and only can make screen come on. Will continue to monitor.
ngsoonle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #753

Actually I wasn't using it at all. Charged it, put it on in the morning and went out to work. While stopping at traffic light I saw a red dot on the watch and tried to tap it to see the notification and only can make screen come on. Will continue to monitor.
I recently unpair my apple watch.

And then pair back apple watch and restore from backup..

The iMessage notifications works again instantly.. Not sure what i have done.

At the end of the day, experience 15 seconds lag of iMessage notifications again..

Think it is a bug..

You may want to unpair and pair it again and restore from backup and then monitor
Old 28-07-2015, 01:02 PM   #754
High Supremacy Member

Those of you who own iPhone and Apple Watch, when you pair your phone with your watch, does your phone's battery and watch's battery get depleted a lot faster? Presumably both will need bluetooth turned on right?
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 01:12 PM   #755
Supremacy Member

How the battery goes is all about usage, which is really quite personal. I gave up trying to track it and compare with others. Perhaps the best is to default everything down to the minimum app usage between watch and phone, then u can check if it is an issue. Otherwise hard to track it.
stanleyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 01:35 PM   #756
High Supremacy Member

How the battery goes is all about usage, which is really quite personal. I gave up trying to track it and compare with others. Perhaps the best is to default everything down to the minimum app usage between watch and phone, then u can check if it is an issue. Otherwise hard to track it.
Well yes different folks different usage, but I'm saying comparing yourself with yourself. As in if you don't link the watch to the phone, how is the battery life for both with your own normal usage? And after you turn on bluetooth for both and link the watch to the phone, how is the battery life after that?
Old 28-07-2015, 03:21 PM   #757
Master Member

Maybe you should try swiping down when you see the red dot? I don't think it works by tapping on it?
uplorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 03:51 PM   #758
Supremacy Member

Maybe you should try swiping down when you see the red dot? I don't think it works by tapping on it?
Haha..ya swapping doesn't help at all.
It's just touching screen,screen comes on. Dun touch screen, screen goes off.
Hope it's just a one time occurrence.
ngsoonle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 04:44 PM   #759
High Supremacy Member

Stupid question. Is the clock face on at all times? I presume it is if not its going to be so much hassle having to tap the phone each time you want to see the time to wake it up. Then again, if the clock face is on all the time, surely its a huge battery drain.
Old 28-07-2015, 05:04 PM   #760

Stupid question. Is the clock face on at all times? I presume it is if not its going to be so much hassle having to tap the phone each time you want to see the time to wake it up. Then again, if the clock face is on all the time, surely its a huge battery drain.
15 seconds screen time each time it is turned on.

You can choose to tap the screen or use "raise wrist feature" to turn on the screen

Hope we can select the duration of screen time in next or subsequent update
Old 28-07-2015, 05:25 PM   #761
High Supremacy Member

15 seconds screen time each time it is turned on.

You can choose to tap the screen or use "raise wrist feature" to turn on the screen

Hope we can select the duration of screen time in next or subsequent update
I think 5, 10 or 15 secs for us to select would be good.

Hmm if its too sensitive it could wake up each time your arm is raised just a little higher than normal. I guess tap screen is the way to go to avoid unnecessary wake ups which waste battery. A bit troublesome though if both your hands are occupied.

Are you able to tap with something else? Serious, not joking. Like maybe your chin? Imagine you are shopping with both hands full. How else to tap the screen?
Old 28-07-2015, 05:32 PM   #762

I think 5, 10 or 15 secs for us to select would be good.

Hmm if its too sensitive it could wake up each time your arm is raised just a little higher than normal. I guess tap screen is the way to go to avoid unnecessary wake ups which waste battery. A bit troublesome though if both your hands are occupied.

Are you able to tap with something else? Serious, not joking. Like maybe your chin? Imagine you are shopping with both hands full. How else to tap the screen?
So far only finger works for me to turn on the screen.

You can try the demo set in the apple shop..
Old 28-07-2015, 05:39 PM   #763
High Supremacy Member

Didn't see any at Nubox Junction 8, Nubox Nex or Best Denki Junction 8. Weird!
Old 28-07-2015, 05:47 PM   #764

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/apple-watch-trial-forum-374/apple-watch-walk-purchase-discussions-[read-1st-post]-5070315.html

See above for sticky post for the list of shops that have demo set

Last edited by palmtungsten; 28-07-2015 at 05:52 PM..
Old 28-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #765

I just tapped using my nose and it works fine
ianfann is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.