HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Watch

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2015, 09:07 PM   #766

I think 5, 10 or 15 secs for us to select would be good.

Hmm if its too sensitive it could wake up each time your arm is raised just a little higher than normal. I guess tap screen is the way to go to avoid unnecessary wake ups which waste battery. A bit troublesome though if both your hands are occupied.

Are you able to tap with something else? Serious, not joking. Like maybe your chin? Imagine you are shopping with both hands full. How else to tap the screen?
I tapped before with my nose hahahaj

Was on the bus and holding onto the railing and wanted to see my message so I tapped it with my nose
spidercyj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 10:31 PM   #767
Arch-Supremacy Member

Was on the bus and holding onto the railing and wanted to see my message so I tapped it with my nose
Then confirm will have a patch of oil on the screen... eeek...
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 10:55 AM   #768
High Supremacy Member

Then confirm will have a patch of oil on the screen... eeek...
Wash lor. Its water resistant right? Which means it should be able to tahan rain and washing. Just don't swim with it can liao.
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #769
High Supremacy Member

Wah you route your msg to your watch? Doesn't that drain the batt quickly? If can disable, I would rather my watch not let me know when a message is received.
Old 29-07-2015, 10:57 AM   #770
High Supremacy Member

I just tapped using my nose and it works fine
Nose, chin or other appendage. Or ask your friend to stick out his elbow and you gently tap your watch against it.
Old 29-07-2015, 11:29 AM   #771

Wah you route your msg to your watch? Doesn't that drain the batt quickly? If can disable, I would rather my watch not let me know when a message is received.
Not really leh after a day left about 60% then I switched off and use it the next day so effectively I have 2 days of use (not in hours)
spidercyj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 11:50 AM   #772
Arch-Supremacy Member

den buy smart watch for what?!!?
Old 29-07-2015, 12:19 PM   #773

den buy smart watch for what?!!?
Totally agree with you. LOL

I buy because of the notification on my Apple watch. Care less about battery life. So far it never fails me to last for one whole day despite of many notifications from SMS, whatsapp, news media, etc.

If Apple watch battery is flat, it is not the end. Can rely on my iPhone 6 plus battery for extended use.
palmtungsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 02:43 PM   #774

Yup for now the main features I like are basically the SMS/Whatsapp notifications, next appointment (via modular watch face) and the activity app, and heart rate measurement. It's been 4 weeks of usage now. Here's my activity awards so far Any of you guys bother with the activity app? Maybe I'll get jaded with the activity app later, but I have to say I'm much more aware how much sitting around I do all day I try to heed the time-to-stand activity app alert when I'm sitting for too long.

slugzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 02:44 PM   #775
High Supremacy Member

Not really leh after a day left about 60% then I switched off and use it the next day so effectively I have 2 days of use (not in hours)
60% still ok lah. Heard some ppl say until so terok.
Old 29-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #776
High Supremacy Member

Totally agree with you. LOL

I buy because of the notification on my Apple watch. Care less about battery life. So far it never fails me to last for one whole day despite of many notifications from SMS, whatsapp, news media, etc.

If Apple watch battery is flat, it is not the end. Can rely on my iPhone 6 plus battery for extended use.
Just that I've heard the battery life is quite terok. If that's not true then its fine.

How do you use your iPhone to extend the watch battery life?
Old 29-07-2015, 04:19 PM   #777
Arch-Supremacy Member

My Watch after a full charge, drops 1% within 5 mins of usage. I also get notifications from ST, CNA, messages, whatsapp and my activity usage, use glances and make full use of it. It's a smartwatch and meant to be used as it is, similarly with smartphones.

So didn't bother abt batt life. As of now, the watch usage is 2hrs 21 mins, standby is 12 hrs 5 mins and still have 60% left.
Old 29-07-2015, 04:52 PM   #778

Just that I've heard the battery life is quite terok. If that's not true then its fine.

How do you use your iPhone to extend the watch battery life?
iPhone 6 plus has very good battery life and do not drain as fast as Apple watch even there are a lot of notification that go to both iPhone 6 plus and Apple watch.

If apple watch battery is flat, I can still use iPhone for SMS, phone call, etc..

I do not try to conserve battery and as a result extend battery life of iPhone
Old 29-07-2015, 05:43 PM   #779

This viewfinder feature is useful for selfie..

https://www.apple.com/sg/watch/built-in-apps/

Camera Remote

Apple Watch can be a viewfinder for the iSight camera on your iPhone. So you can take a perfect selfie or join the group shot. See a live preview of what your iPhone sees, then snap the photo or set the timer on the camera
Old 30-07-2015, 11:00 AM   #780
Master Member

Wash lor. Its water resistant right? Which means it should be able to tahan rain and washing. Just don't swim with it can liao.

swam with it a few times. watch is still running fine.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.