HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Watch Series 4

Like Tree274Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2018, 06:29 PM   #166
Supremacy Member

Oops, I am regretting my decision to get ss gps + cellular.
As someone pointed out that my allergy to aluminum should be addressed now that the whole back is crystal and there should be minimal aluminum contact with the skin.
Dun think I have use for cellular most of the time. Turns on i might only need aluminum gps.
How to change order hah? Can save at least $400.
Comments?
ngsoonle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 07:01 PM   #167
Arch-Supremacy Member

check if there's stock for pickup (or if you don't mind waiting) for the model you want and cancel the SS GPS+Cellular.

As someone pointed out that my allergy to aluminum should be addressed now that the whole back is crystal and there should be minimal aluminum contact with the skin.
Dun think I have use for cellular most of the time. Turns on i might only need aluminum gps.
Comments?

Last edited by Errz; 15-09-2018 at 07:08 PM..
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 07:20 PM   #168
High Supremacy Member

Comments?
Can you show me what do you mean by the aluminium allergy? Because I might have the same problem as you as the skin around the Apple Watch is looking quite bad.
Old 15-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #169
Supremacy Member

Can you show me what do you mean by the aluminium allergy? Because I might have the same problem as you as the skin around the Apple Watch is looking quite bad.
I wash my watch daily especially the back of the watch.
However that area where the metal touches the skin will get itchy and have some rashes over time. I encountered this with Samsung Gear S3 and Apple Watch series 0 aluminum.
After changing to series 2 ss, the problem disappeared and I am even more convinced of the allergy.
I had attempted to get those watch cases that cover the back metallic portion but doesnít seem to work.
Now I am supporter of ss...haha...
Old 15-09-2018, 08:33 PM   #170
Master Member

i not rich cannot affort SS series. but i have since used Sport seires since S2 with Apple care + if there is any scatches or paint peel off u could try to to exchange it. Tried it 2 times and the genius arranged the exchange.
Sport series is not that heavy like SS or u could use a case if u dont mind the bulk.

btw using gold like ah Beng ah long or China farmers style. Just my own taste
Serious? The scratches on the Apple Watch can be exchanged for a new one?
Shutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 08:46 PM   #171
Master Member

Apple Watch series 4 in Singapore conform wonít support the heart rate sensor.

Apple Singapore posted a introductory video of the Apple Watch and they never mentioned about the heart rate sensor while the US one have.
I think you are referring the to ECG feature. Not yet approved of course cannot show..

Last edited by Shutterfly; 15-09-2018 at 08:53 PM..
Shutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #172
Supremacy Member

aluminium or SS!?
anyway no diff to skin contact for either right?
ecneret_eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 09:30 PM   #173
Supremacy Member

How I wish they release gold link bracelet so I can get my gold S4.
*adiBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 09:35 PM   #174
Supremacy Member

check if there's stock for pickup (or if you don't mind waiting) for the model you want and cancel the SS GPS+Cellular.
Thanks. Got it cancelled and managed to order black alum gps 44mm to be picked up on 21 sept afternoon . Yah!
Errz likes this.
Old 15-09-2018, 10:20 PM   #175
High Supremacy Member

I wash my watch daily especially the back of the watch.
However that area where the metal touches the skin will get itchy and have some rashes over time. I encountered this with Samsung Gear S3 and Apple Watch series 0 aluminum.
After changing to series 2 ss, the problem disappeared and I am even more convinced of the allergy.
I had attempted to get those watch cases that cover the back metallic portion but doesnít seem to work.
Now I am supporter of ss...haha...
Ah, I have the same problem as you. The area around aluminium caused my skin to itch and tear/bleed.
Old 15-09-2018, 10:21 PM   #176
High Supremacy Member

Apple Watch series 4 in Singapore conform won’t support the heart rate sensor.

Apple Singapore posted a introductory video of the Apple Watch and they never mentioned about the heart rate sensor while the US one have.
It's pending HSA approval according to one of the Apple staff.

Don't quote on it, but Singapore governing authorities have been looking for such things for a long time. And with a long standing of approval of Apple products, it's the matter of how fast.
Old 15-09-2018, 11:35 PM   #177
Supremacy Member

Ah, I have the same problem as you. The area around aluminium caused my skin to itch and tear/bleed.
Trying my luck back to alum for series 4 this time round. Wish me luck next week after I collect!
Old 16-09-2018, 12:24 AM   #178
Supremacy Member

good luck!

do let us know on whether or not your skin is affected!

thanks bro

Trying my luck back to alum for series 4 this time round. Wish me luck next week after I collect!
ecneret_eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 01:00 AM   #179
High Supremacy Member

Return if you still have the problem. Show the staff your skin.

Rather you spend on something which doesn't hurt your skin. But having said that, the watch this time around has full crystal on the underside right?
Old 16-09-2018, 01:43 AM   #180
Supremacy Member

Hi all, want to get my first apple watch, but i've got a few questions to clarify before pressing the order button. lol.

1. If I want to use Apple watch to track my evening runs, do i need to get the cellular version? or GPS 1 will do?

2. if gps version do i have to bring my phone along?

3. Can apple watch open Whatsapp messages? and real emails?

4. Does Apple Watch work with Spotify?

Thanks all! and sorry for the bunch of questions ahaha.
xiasuaykia is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.