HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Apple Watch Series 4

Like Tree257Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2018, 03:27 PM   #2731
High Supremacy Member

Hi,
just bought a pair of apple watch for me and my spouse.
may i know how does the walkie talkies work?
we are currently on oversea holiday.

iin hotel we have no issue as both phones were connected to wifi, however at outdoor; both watches kept giving ď.. canít connect to the other party..Ē
both phones are on oversea data roaming and both watches can receive what apps or line message alert but this should be due to the bluetooth connection between the watch and phone.

thank you
cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:55 PM   #2732
Master Member

Hi,
just bought a pair of apple watch for me and my spouse.
may i know how does the walkie talkies work?
we are currently on oversea holiday.

iin hotel we have no issue as both phones were connected to wifi, however at outdoor; both watches kept giving “.. can’t connect to the other party..”
both phones are on oversea data roaming and both watches can receive what apps or line message alert but this should be due to the bluetooth connection between the watch and phone.

thank you
Walkie-talkie operates around FaceTime Audio calls. You will need to have your phone with you if you do not have a Cellular Apple watch.

On your iPhone, open the Settings app, then tap FaceTime. Make sure that you're signed in with your Apple ID. Under You Can Be Reached By FaceTime At, make sure that your email address is selected.
Restart your Apple Watch.
Restart your iPhone.

This way the device should also try to connect via your Apple ID Email address instead of your phone number which can change if you are using another sim-card.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:54 PM   #2733
Supremacy Member

Hi all,

am deciding whether to get a wifi or cellular version of AW4. Any inputs from your side?

My phone is always with me, only occasionally when i'm away from my table, or when i'm out for a run.

Should i pay an extra 150 dollars for cellular? and on top of that 10 dollars for monthly services?
xiasuaykia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:16 PM   #2734
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,

am deciding whether to get a wifi or cellular version of AW4. Any inputs from your side?

My phone is always with me, only occasionally when i'm away from my table, or when i'm out for a run.

Should i pay an extra 150 dollars for cellular? and on top of that 10 dollars for monthly services?
I presume youíre on Singtel. I myself have my iPhone at least 80% of the time but there are times when you need to be away from your phone for a while and the cellular feature can come really handy, hence I bought the cellular model.

Iíd say go for it and even if you donít need it now, perhaps in the near future you might and can activate numbershare at any time.

By the way, first 6 mths is free and thereafter is $6.90 from the 7th mth onwards and a 12-mth contract applies. From the 13th mth onwards then full price. Service activation fee is $10.70.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #2735

Can i ask for Series 4 cellular, Lets say if i uses a spare singtel line for number share. But my main line is on my iPhone, will the cellular works and pair with my iPhone accordingly ?
USBThumbDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #2736
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can i ask for Series 4 cellular, Lets say if i uses a spare singtel line for number share. But my main line is on my iPhone, will the cellular works and pair with my iPhone accordingly ?
No, the cellular on the watch (eSIM) will only work according to which number you pair with on the phone. If you use your main line and pair your watch in which you will have to activate numbershare from the Apple Watch app directly, it will follow that number.

For your case if you use your spare line for numbershare, then itíll be just that number.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:46 PM   #2737
Master Member

I love the Milanese loop.
But is expensive from Apple.

Any cheaper options that are up to the mark?
fake_oranges is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:51 PM   #2738

No, the cellular on the watch (eSIM) will only work according to which number you pair with on the phone. If you use your main line and pair your watch in which you will have to activate numbershare from the Apple Watch app directly, it will follow that number.

For your case if you use your spare line for numbershare, then itíll be just that number.
Despite it being paired with different number (Cause of number share only available on Singtel), but if I pair it with the main phone (main line). It'll still able to function ?

Like the number share its solely use only for the cellular feature?
USBThumbDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:26 PM   #2739
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just bite the bullet and buy the original Milanese Loop. 3rd party ones may have installation/uninstallation issues and may not last as long as the original.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #2740
Arch-Supremacy Member

Despite it being paired with different number (Cause of number share only available on Singtel), but if I pair it with the main phone (main line). It'll still able to function ?

Like the number share its solely use only for the cellular feature?
Yes NumberShare is to enable usage of your watch without a connection to your phone. Remember this, one NumberShare subscription for one mobile line. If you've two Singtel lines, you've to get two watches with a subscription each.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:41 PM   #2741
Master Member

Got it. Save up for it

Just bite the bullet and buy the original Milanese Loop. 3rd party ones may have installation/uninstallation issues and may not last as long as the original.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:44 PM   #2742
Master Member

Get authentic one from eBay without box. Save you a ton.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:42 PM   #2743
Master Member

Thanks for the tip

Get authentic one from eBay without box. Save you a ton.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:15 PM   #2744
Arch-Supremacy Member

Got it. Save up for it

You won’t regret it, trust me. I’ve been using mine since the original Apple Watch, then Series 2, Series 3 LTE and now Series 4 LTE. The strap still looks as good as new, except the front end where the magnet is, the metal has some scratches but the magnet is still as strong.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:57 PM   #2745
Master Member

I look of it. Currently just got the Series 4 black with sports band.
Sports band is nice also, but the milanese loop will look more grand and fits office wear better

You won’t regret it, trust me. I’ve been using mine since the original Apple Watch, then Series 2, Series 3 LTE and now Series 4 LTE. The strap still looks as good as new, except the front end where the magnet is, the metal has some scratches but the magnet is still as strong.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.