Apple Watch Series 5

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Upgraded my series 2 to 5. No more sluggish and battery used for 8 hrs about 25% down from full charge

Huge upgrade. I went from S0 to S4 last year. You will love the better performance, better battery life and bigger screen.

I suppose the performance of S4 is similar to S5. Now with watchOS 6 my S4’s batt life have been draining a bit faster than usual, mainly because I’m using the noise complication.

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
For those interested in the titanium models: Monitor the Apple store app between 5am to 8.30am. I managed to snag 1 44mm black titanium for pick up in 2 hours.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
I suppose the performance of S4 is similar to S5. Now with watchOS 6 my S4’s batt life have been draining a bit faster than usual, mainly because I’m using the noise complication.
even b4 watchos 6 update, i noticed batt drains faster. dont know why also. maybe the past week busy at work with all the notifications coming in. haha.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
even b4 watchos 6 update, i noticed batt drains faster. dont know why also. maybe the past week busy at work with all the notifications coming in. haha.

When it was still at 5.3.1, it's still ok. Now at 6 with me using noise app complication, batt drains faster due to constantly checking.

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asking for a friend. Anyone know when the Ceramic version will be available to buy from the store? Ordering online will take 3 weeks.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asking for a friend. Anyone know when the Ceramic version will be available to buy from the store? Ordering online will take 3 weeks.

I saw it on display at iStudio Raffles City but I'm not sure if stocks are available.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanted to buy titanium one but airport no sell so accidentally bought 44mm black hermes :o

Moving from s2 nike edition.

This should be your best accidental purchase ever! The new Hermes Space Black Stainless Steel in Black single tour looks very sick.

icheb

Reaction score
Not sure whether drains lesser battery if disable heart rate. Seem like heart rate keeps on refreshing.

For ECG, it is based on per use?

ECG is on per use basis. You need to activate it to measure your ECG readings. It does not read in the background. Normal heart rate sensor will take your sensor reading about every five minutes if you are sedentary, hence you see regular refresh on your watch face. This normal reading should allow your watch to last the whole day.

If you are working out, or telling the apple watch that you are working out, then the heart rate sensor will continuously monitor your heart rate until you end the workout. The heart rate sensor will update once every thirty seconds if I am not wrong.

Continously monitoring your heart rate during workout will drain the battery much faster, but then again you dont workout for 10 hours straight, unless you are doing cross country cycling, multi-day trekking and you want to monitor those as well.

icheb

Reaction score
Question for those who have gotten their Apple Watch series 5 in more premium materials (anything other than aluminium). Other than aesthetics, do you guys intend to use the watch for more than 2 years? Or do you upgrade every time a new watch comes in?

I have been mulling over whether to get the aluminium or stainless steel version. I just cannot justify paying so much extra for the premium materials unless I use it for many years to make the purchase worthwhile.

I am using the series 3 watch aluminum for 2 years now and I must say, I have really used it well. I have a number of prominent dings and scratches on the watch face as the watch is my daily driver for almost everything (keeping time, notifications, fitness, travel etc).

I know that the stainless steel has sapphire crystal which makes the screen much more resistant to scratches. Just how well does the screen hold up against scratches after using it for more than 2 years?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question for those who have gotten their Apple Watch series 5 in more premium materials (anything other than aluminium). Other than aesthetics, do you guys intend to use the watch for more than 2 years? Or do you upgrade every time a new watch comes in?

I have been mulling over whether to get the aluminium or stainless steel version. I just cannot justify paying so much extra for the premium materials unless I use it for many years to make the purchase worthwhile.

I am using the series 3 watch aluminum for 2 years now and I must say, I have really used it well. I have a number of prominent dings and scratches on the watch face as the watch is my daily driver for almost everything (keeping time, notifications, fitness, travel etc).

I know that the stainless steel has sapphire crystal which makes the screen much more resistant to scratches. Just how well does the screen hold up against scratches after using it for more than 2 years?

I have been using the the stainless steel series 0 up till now and the watch is still functioning very well albeit slower and battery is weak.

Aesthetically wise, I went for silver stainless steel initially because of easier matching with watch bands. So far, no other material beats the silver stainless steel model in terms of watch bands comparability because most of the clasps come in silver with exception to sports band and loop.

alvino

Reaction score

i pick up one every year being a fan of pingguo's

series 0 stainless
series 1,2&3 alu
series 4 stainless
series 5 titanium (and omg its BEAUTIFUL the satin finish very humble quality finish)

generally I am a very careful user. the aluminum at worse i got 1 ding. but never single dent on SS. only the silver chrome SS i got tons of hairline scratch, strangely not on s4's gold SS maybe due to the coating treatment. Screen wise actually the gorilla glass ones are brighter and more vivid than sapphire glass's. Never had any scratches for both screen surface(once again very careful user). I exercise pretty often like 4-5 times a week, the alu's weight is way nicer, SS model is noticeably heavier on the wrist, with running as my main workout, its felt most obvious for the first couple workouts then got use to it pretty quick.

I hand me down the last year's unit to wife, so i can justify buying new one. perhaps you can justify it by selling it off when new gen come out... top up for the next model, then rinse and repeat this?

if apple never launch any new model i would be happy to keep using whichever latest model i holding, alu or any other material.

YMMV!

Last edited:

palmtungsten

Reaction score
Have been using black aluminium series 0 to this year. Then I buy silver stainless steel this year. I intend to use this stainless steel watch for at least 3 years. Unlikely to change watch even there is next round of major change or innovation Eg watch design change from “boring square” to “circle design”, battery life of 1 week, etc.

Decide to buy this year is due to AOD. Otherwise I may have waited again for next year Apple Watch. No urgency to update every year since I use Apple Watch primarily for time, notification, music and sports

My series 0 watch has zero scratches and never drop before. Battery not so good but can last almost one day.

If you do not need the asesthics, just buy aluminium. I am deciding between midnight blue sport band and gold aluminium vs stainless steel and silver Milanese loop.

Since I wear it for work to match business shirt, I decide to buy stainless steel and Milanese loop.

crobin

Reaction score
I have every single series including stainless steel, aluminium and ceramic. Now getting titanium .. the stainless steel black is Super hardy and scratch resistant. All got no protectors ..

The titanium would be lighter than steel but heavier than aluminium.. and also looks different. I change every year regardless.. the old ones I keep as spare or pass them down

NoLogicLah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This should be your best accidental purchase ever! The new Hermes Space Black Stainless Steel in Black single tour looks very sick.

Hahaha the best part, my wife paying for it :D

Bought from airport save 7% gst is gd. Still can earn 3% changi rewards rebate.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.