www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Apple Watch (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/apple-watch-374/)
-   -   GPS or GPS cellular (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/apple-watch-374/gps-gps-cellular-6345811.html)

Singrish 28-07-2020 05:42 PM

GPS or GPS cellular
 
Looking at getting apple watch but will probably wait till watch 6 is released (sep apparently?).

Just wondering if most ppl get gps or gps cellular? Besides the difference in price of watch there is also the monthly cost of the sim card to consider. My phone is always with me & unlike some who might leave home without it eg going for jog, thatís not my case.

That said, I guess there is no point for me wasting $ on gps cellular then? Dumb question, since gps model is connected to my iphone via Bluetooth, what happens IF (unlikely but safer to ask) i decide to get wireless earphones one day?

Its not possible to connect 2 devices simultaneously to my iphone via Bluetooth right? On that topic, since TraceTogether app uses Bluetooth too, any issues if my apple watch is connected to my iphone via Bluetooth?

robertgl 28-07-2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singrish (Post 128760006)
Looking at getting apple watch but will probably wait till watch 6 is released (sep apparently?).

Just wondering if most ppl get gps or gps cellular? Besides the difference in price of watch there is also the monthly cost of the sim card to consider. My phone is always with me & unlike some who might leave home without it eg going for jog, thatís not my case.

That said, I guess there is no point for me wasting $ on gps cellular then? Dumb question, since gps model is connected to my iphone via Bluetooth, what happens IF (unlikely but safer to ask) i decide to get wireless earphones one day?

Its not possible to connect 2 devices simultaneously to my iphone via Bluetooth right? On that topic, since TraceTogether app uses Bluetooth too, any issues if my apple watch is connected to my iphone via Bluetooth?

No issues on having watch and headphones linked to phone. I still get notifications on my watch while listening to music

surferpunk 29-07-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singrish (Post 128760006)
Looking at getting apple watch but will probably wait till watch 6 is released (sep apparently?).

Just wondering if most ppl get gps or gps cellular? Besides the difference in price of watch there is also the monthly cost of the sim card to consider. My phone is always with me & unlike some who might leave home without it eg going for jog, thatís not my case.

That said, I guess there is no point for me wasting $ on gps cellular then? Dumb question, since gps model is connected to my iphone via Bluetooth, what happens IF (unlikely but safer to ask) i decide to get wireless earphones one day?

Its not possible to connect 2 devices simultaneously to my iphone via Bluetooth right? On that topic, since TraceTogether app uses Bluetooth too, any issues if my apple watch is connected to my iphone via Bluetooth?

for me, I get gps cellular cos sometimes my phone may go flat and I would always want that option to call out in case of any emergency. also, when I jog with my apple watch gps cellular, I don't need my phone along and it will track my distance accurately.

otherwise the gps is good enough I guess. for bluetooth, there's no problem with multiple usage.

Singrish 30-07-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertgl (Post 128763469)
No issues on having watch and headphones linked to phone. I still get notifications on my watch while listening to music

Cool. Thks

Singrish 30-07-2020 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surferpunk (Post 128780918)
for me, I get gps cellular cos sometimes my phone may go flat and I would always want that option to call out in case of any emergency. also, when I jog with my apple watch gps cellular, I don't need my phone along and it will track my distance accurately.

otherwise the gps is good enough I guess. for bluetooth, there's no problem with multiple usage.

Good point about flat battery or lost/damaged phone too I guess. Must be odd talking into your watch though. Lol

Singrish 30-07-2020 10:32 PM

Btw is the 5W charger slow? Which higher wattage apple charger is suitable for apple watch? 12W?

$29 isnít a lot but i guess the issue is how slow it is on 5W & how fast on 12W?

reddevil0728 30-07-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singrish (Post 128807496)
Good point about flat battery or lost/damaged phone too I guess. Must be odd talking into your watch though. Lol

its fine actually.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.