HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

GPS or GPS cellular

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2020, 05:42 PM   #1

GPS or GPS cellular

Looking at getting apple watch but will probably wait till watch 6 is released (sep apparently?).

Just wondering if most ppl get gps or gps cellular? Besides the difference in price of watch there is also the monthly cost of the sim card to consider. My phone is always with me & unlike some who might leave home without it eg going for jog, that’s not my case.

That said, I guess there is no point for me wasting $ on gps cellular then? Dumb question, since gps model is connected to my iphone via Bluetooth, what happens IF (unlikely but safer to ask) i decide to get wireless earphones one day?

Its not possible to connect 2 devices simultaneously to my iphone via Bluetooth right? On that topic, since TraceTogether app uses Bluetooth too, any issues if my apple watch is connected to my iphone via Bluetooth?
Singrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 08:50 PM   #2

Looking at getting apple watch but will probably wait till watch 6 is released (sep apparently?).

Just wondering if most ppl get gps or gps cellular? Besides the difference in price of watch there is also the monthly cost of the sim card to consider. My phone is always with me & unlike some who might leave home without it eg going for jog, that’s not my case.

That said, I guess there is no point for me wasting $ on gps cellular then? Dumb question, since gps model is connected to my iphone via Bluetooth, what happens IF (unlikely but safer to ask) i decide to get wireless earphones one day?

Its not possible to connect 2 devices simultaneously to my iphone via Bluetooth right? On that topic, since TraceTogether app uses Bluetooth too, any issues if my apple watch is connected to my iphone via Bluetooth?
No issues on having watch and headphones linked to phone. I still get notifications on my watch while listening to music
robertgl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 05:08 PM   #3

for me, I get gps cellular cos sometimes my phone may go flat and I would always want that option to call out in case of any emergency. also, when I jog with my apple watch gps cellular, I don't need my phone along and it will track my distance accurately.

otherwise the gps is good enough I guess. for bluetooth, there's no problem with multiple usage.
surferpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 10:28 PM   #4

No issues on having watch and headphones linked to phone. I still get notifications on my watch while listening to music
Cool. Thks
Old 30-07-2020, 10:29 PM   #5

for me, I get gps cellular cos sometimes my phone may go flat and I would always want that option to call out in case of any emergency. also, when I jog with my apple watch gps cellular, I don't need my phone along and it will track my distance accurately.

otherwise the gps is good enough I guess. for bluetooth, there's no problem with multiple usage.
Good point about flat battery or lost/damaged phone too I guess. Must be odd talking into your watch though. Lol
Old 30-07-2020, 10:32 PM   #6

Btw is the 5W charger slow? Which higher wattage apple charger is suitable for apple watch? 12W?

$29 isn’t a lot but i guess the issue is how slow it is on 5W & how fast on 12W?

Last edited by Singrish; 30-07-2020 at 10:45 PM..
Old 30-07-2020, 10:36 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

Good point about flat battery or lost/damaged phone too I guess. Must be odd talking into your watch though. Lol
its fine actually.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.