HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Pairing with Apple Watch 5, which iPhone to buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2020, 02:59 PM   #1

Pairing with Apple Watch 5, which iPhone to buy?

My everyday phone is Samsung Note 8. Will never give it up

But my exercise tracker is AW Series 5. Borrowed a company iPhone X to do basic setup and returned the phone liao.

Now thinking of getting an iPhone just to pair with AW to look at daily exercise activities, heart rate and the standard stuffs. Will not be using it for phone calls (will not put sim card in it), whatsapp, email or even take photo. Most of the time the iPhone will be at home and only sync with AW when I am backed.

Do you think it's worth saving a few hundred dollars by getting a new iPhone 8 64GB just for such purpose? As from past history, I should be able to use iPhone 8 for another 2 - 3 years before it is phased out by newer AW models.

Any comments or recommendations are welcome.
broky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 07:36 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wait for SE 2 or 9
Old 17-02-2020, 01:17 AM   #3

My everyday phone is Samsung Note 8. Will never give it up

But my exercise tracker is AW Series 5. Borrowed a company iPhone X to do basic setup and returned the phone liao.

Now thinking of getting an iPhone just to pair with AW to look at daily exercise activities, heart rate and the standard stuffs. Will not be using it for phone calls (will not put sim card in it), whatsapp, email or even take photo. Most of the time the iPhone will be at home and only sync with AW when I am backed.

Do you think it's worth saving a few hundred dollars by getting a new iPhone 8 64GB just for such purpose? As from past history, I should be able to use iPhone 8 for another 2 - 3 years before it is phased out by newer AW models.

Any comments or recommendations are welcome.
Same as you, I'm using my note 10+ for work. And ny wife bought me an aw5 esim model.

Now I'm stuck too. Should I get a 2nd hand iphone 6s just to sync and dedicated line just to chat with my wife. LOL

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT
lifeinmono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2020, 08:47 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm also using a Note10+ for work purposes and a 11 Pro Max as main. If you're just using it as a temporary solution before getting the new model this year, I suggest the XR. If using for longer term, you might want to invest in the 11 series.
Snoweagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2020, 09:23 AM   #5

I'm also using a Note10+ for work purposes and a 11 Pro Max as main. If you're just using it as a temporary solution before getting the new model this year, I suggest the XR. If using for longer term, you might want to invest in the 11 series.
I may get 11 pro for my wife and use her X as dedicated line and note 10+ for work. Lol

Old 18-02-2020, 08:48 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

I may get 11 pro for my wife and use her X as dedicated line and note 10+ for work. Lol

Why not you also use the 11 Pro?
Snoweagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2020, 09:29 PM   #7

Why not you also use the 11 Pro?
In the end got her a pro max 512gb, and am using her iPhone X for apple watch. Lol

Old 23-02-2020, 11:24 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

In the end got her a pro max 512gb, and am using her iPhone X for apple watch. Lol

Wah that’s nice! You should also treat yourself.
Old 25-02-2020, 10:54 AM   #9

Wah that’s nice! You should also treat yourself.
Overkill. Lol.
Note 10+ for work is good enough. And dedicated encrypted line for missus. Heh.

Old 29-02-2020, 06:39 AM   #10

Man up and switch to Apple fully. Haha
eggsbenedikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 01:37 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Heng I use both Apple and Samsung
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.