Tried the apple watch in HK

tomasulu

Banned
Reaction score
So on the 10 April I happened to be in HK, I went over to the ifc store to check out the apple watch. There were about 5 people ahead of me in a line and I didn't have to wait for more than 10 mins before an apple staff introduced himself to show me the watch.

I was leaning towards the stainless steel black but alas they didn't have one to let me try on. I tried the stainless steel metal links, the sports black, the stainless steel with black sports band, stainless steel with leather loop, classic leather, leather loop blue, Milanese, etc.

For my 7" wrist the 38mm looks too dainty. And in general the straps without a metallic catch to the watch (eg classic black leather) looks nicer. I think it's because the metal catch makes the watch look even bigger on my wrist. I wanted to like the Milanese more but it just didn't look right on me. So I ended up ordering the stainless steel black rubber strap. The metal link strap is very light almost flimsy in its feel. But I'm used to wearing a heavy watch so my perception may be skewed. The black stainless steel is too limiting I think... It can only be paired with the black steel links.

Last edited:

InnocentBlood

Reaction score
i'm in boston for the week and tried on the watch @ the apple store @ boylston street yesterday. i tried on the black stainless steel with the metal link bracelet and i was told that i can swap out the metal bracelet for a black rubber one also.

Indomitable

Reaction score
i'm in boston for the week and tried on the watch @ the apple store @ boylston street yesterday. i tried on the black stainless steel with the metal link bracelet and i was told that i can swap out the metal bracelet for a black rubber one also.

I think you can swap out by buying another black rubber but if you want the black stainless steel, u must buy it with the black metal link bracelet. That's the impression given from the online store.

alanwwm

Reaction score
Lucky fellows to have hands on with Apple Watch!:)

I hope I could get one when I travel to Paris next month. Hopefully available for walk-in.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.