HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unable to subscribe to Numbershare SMS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2018, 06:46 PM   #1

Unable to subscribe to Numbershare SMS

Hi all,

I have an Apple Watch Series 3 cellular bought in Singapore from Changi Airport. I have updated the watch OS as well as my wife' Iphone IOS to the latest version.

Unfortunately, I always get an SMS telling me unable to subscribe to Numbershare during the mobile data setup. My wife's line is under Singtel under my name.

Anyone can help? Obviously, 1688 could'nt help me and I am thinking of asking for a refund from Apple since it does not work at all.

Regards,
CL
nightchaser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 08:43 PM   #2

Have you tried using the solutions provided by our community here?
It's been a while since you posted and you should consider looking at posts here and here
Old 21-03-2018, 10:42 PM   #3

Hi all,

I have an Apple Watch Series 3 cellular bought in Singapore from Changi Airport. I have updated the watch OS as well as my wife' Iphone IOS to the latest version.

Unfortunately, I always get an SMS telling me unable to subscribe to Numbershare during the mobile data setup. My wife's line is under Singtel under my name.

Anyone can help? Obviously, 1688 could'nt help me and I am thinking of asking for a refund from Apple since it does not work at all.

Regards,
CL
Check if NumberShare is subscribed in your Singtel app/account.

If it is, although, Singtel says that you aren’t, unsubscribe from it. (It takes 24 hours to be removed from the server)

Is there still a spinning wheel or the ‘Activating’ text is going on?
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 09:49 AM   #4
Featured Sponsor

Hi nightchaser1,

If you're currently facing issues activating NumberShare on your Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), here are some troubleshooting tips you should try:

1. You are advised not to unpair the Apple Watch and iPhone while waiting for activation to complete. This may result in the eSIM profile being removed accidentally.

2. Can you see the above screen? Is the cellular icon in white like above, or is it clear (i.e. not even white)?

3. Go to the watch, Setting > General > About, check if there is any information under ‘ICCID’ field?

4. Can you try to turn off Bluetooth on the iPhone, and WiFi on the Watch, to try to trigger the mobile connectivity?

5. Restart the Watch, is it the same?

6. Go to the watch, Setting > Mobile Data, did you see PLAN – ‘Singtel, and STATUS – ‘Connected’?

7. Do check whether your mobile plan is eligible for NumberShare subscription. You can find the list of eligible mobile plans in the link below:

www.singtel.com/applewatch

8. NumberShare is officially supported on compatible iPhone models (iPhone 6 or newer) running iOS 11.2.5 or later, and Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) on WatchOS 4.2.2 or later. If you're running beta software on the iPhone and/or Apple Watch, there might be issues activating NumberShare.

9. If you see a prompt to "Remove Singtel Plan" (e.g. during unpairing of the iPhone and Watch), we recommend that you always choose "Keep Plan" as the existing eSIM profile may be in use with another number.

"Singtel Plan" in this instance refers to the eSIM profile, not the NumberShare service. Removing this "Singtel Plan" is not equivalent to removing the NumberShare service with Singtel. If you want to terminate NumberShare service, you have to call in 1688 to do so. Activation of NumberShare can only be done on the Apple Watch app during the setting up process.

If the above tips do not solve the issue you’re facing, do log a case with our customer service hotline at 1688. Alternatively, you can drop us a private message with your mobile number which is used to sign up for NumberShare. Please do not share your mobile number or any other personal/account details in a forum post as it is public.

Feel free to reach out to us here on Mondays to Fridays (9 am to 6 pm).
Singtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:34 AM   #5

Clueless Singtel customer care

I bought iphone X and Apple watch Series 3 from Singtel and subscribed number share. It was working for few weeks eventhough I faced some connectivity issues in between. Later I had to reset my apple watch and i couldnt connect to cellular data anymore. Reported this case to Singtel on 30th may and they asked me to visit their hello shop. Within this 1 month I visited 2 times and they couldnt resolve the issue. In between they asked me to call apple. I did, however apple customer care referred back to Singtel.

End of the day I am paying for the service which I am not using and using a product which is not suitable for the purpose. Whenever i contact Singtel, there response is that they are investigation on this.

Tired and not sure how to sort this out.
Appreciate your suggestions.
deepuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:30 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

I bought iphone X and Apple watch Series 3 from Singtel and subscribed number share. It was working for few weeks eventhough I faced some connectivity issues in between. Later I had to reset my apple watch and i couldnt connect to cellular data anymore. Reported this case to Singtel on 30th may and they asked me to visit their hello shop. Within this 1 month I visited 2 times and they couldnt resolve the issue. In between they asked me to call apple. I did, however apple customer care referred back to Singtel.

End of the day I am paying for the service which I am not using and using a product which is not suitable for the purpose. Whenever i contact Singtel, there response is that they are investigation on this.

Tired and not sure how to sort this out.
Appreciate your suggestions.
did you somehow removed the numbershare profile during the reset? resetting apple watch does not remove the numbershare profile once established, unless you specifically removed it yourself.

there's nothing you can do until singtel is done investigating it, and the likelihood of action is to remove the subscription from singtel side so that you can re-sign up again to generate the profile..
Old 06-07-2018, 10:55 AM   #7

I have recently reset (or unpaired) my Apple Watch and the Cellular profile was not there or couldn’t activate it, though previously it was there.

Suggesting that the best way, is to ask the CSO to remove you from NumberShare, then wait for about 24 hours, and activate it again.
tec_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 11:00 AM   #8

Existing Numbershare on new iPhone XS and Apple Watch 4

If I have an existing iPhone X and Apple Watch 3 LTE with existing Numbershare working and I have bought a new iPhone XS and Apple Watch 4 Celluar which I will reuse my existing iPhone X SIM and Mobile Plan, what is the exact process to transfer the NumberShare to the new iPhone XS and Watch 4. I'm sure many users will be affect, but the process is not clear. Some say you have to terminate NumberShare by Singtel help desk; Singtel mobile app support say "You can connect the number share with the new Apple Watch. You can only subscribe 1 Number Share only".

Singtel can avoid a lot of calls by documenting this process clearly. Thanks.
crobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 08:48 AM   #9

If I have an existing iPhone X and Apple Watch 3 LTE with existing Numbershare working and I have bought a new iPhone XS and Apple Watch 4 Celluar which I will reuse my existing iPhone X SIM and Mobile Plan, what is the exact process to transfer the NumberShare to the new iPhone XS and Watch 4. I'm sure many users will be affect, but the process is not clear. Some say you have to terminate NumberShare by Singtel help desk; Singtel mobile app support say "You can connect the number share with the new Apple Watch. You can only subscribe 1 Number Share only".

Singtel can avoid a lot of calls by documenting this process clearly. Thanks.
Good question. I'm sure others are thinking of the same
deslianer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #10

Singtel answer

https://www.facebook.com/singtel/pos...t=feed_comment
Old 21-09-2018, 05:24 PM   #11

Last night I used the Singtel app to unsubscribe from Numbershare. Got a SMS within minutes. But the Singtel app still show I am subscribed to number share. Check the watch also show still active.

Waited till this am and check again. Watch show data plan no more. But Singtel app not updated.

Got the watch 4 in pm. Setup and choose data plan again. No problem. Activated and live within a minutes. All good now.

Of course what they will charge for early termination is another thing.
Old 22-09-2018, 07:41 PM   #12

Last night I used the Singtel app to unsubscribe from Numbershare. Got a SMS within minutes. But the Singtel app still show I am subscribed to number share. Check the watch also show still active.

Waited till this am and check again. Watch show data plan no more. But Singtel app not updated.

Got the watch 4 in pm. Setup and choose data plan again. No problem. Activated and live within a minutes. All good now.

Of course what they will charge for early termination is another thing.
Good for you! Thanks for sharing the info
deslianer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #13

Hi Singtel,

I bought an AW4 LTE from Australia apple shop and was told I can use it in Singapore. I've checked the Apple website and it says the same. However, every time i tried to subscribe to NumberShare via the Watch app, i will received an sms saying "An error has occurred and you're unable to subscribe to Singtel NumberShare successfully." Any advice?

Thanks
macluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:55 PM   #14
Featured Sponsor

Hi macluver,

Could we get your help to follow the steps listed on this guide and let us know if your issue is resolved please?

Thanks.

Hi Singtel,

I bought an AW4 LTE from Australia apple shop and was told I can use it in Singapore. I've checked the Apple website and it says the same. However, every time i tried to subscribe to NumberShare via the Watch app, i will received an sms saying "An error has occurred and you're unable to subscribe to Singtel NumberShare successfully." Any advice?

Thanks

Feel free to reach out to us here on Mondays to Fridays (9 am to 6 pm).
Singtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #15

I followed these steps for at least 10+ x still not working. Same error sms msg everytime.
macluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.