HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Warranty claim for Apple Watch requirement

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2018, 12:46 AM   #1

Warranty claim for Apple Watch requirement

I have posted my watch for sale recently and my friend watch too. Both have Apple care purchased and tag to device. Verified warranty check via Apple webpage.

As usual, we both thought device and Apple product had no requirement to retain receipt, so we throw it away. We really have no idea Apple need to keep receipts for warranty claim, though I have Several Apple devices and was never ask to furnish receipt when send in for repair (Apple watch S1 sent in for coating problem)

Both still under warranty. I have received questions about warranty transfer and receipt. Is Receipt required by Apple for warranty claim? Need to transfer Apple care to the new owner ? Please help.

Last edited by Spongebob79; 26-09-2018 at 06:56 AM..
Spongebob79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #2

I have posted my watch for sale recently and my friend watch too. Both have Apple care purchased and tag to device. Verified warranty check via Apple webpage.

As usual, we both thought device and Apple product had no requirement to retain receipt, so we throw it away. We really have no idea Apple need to keep receipts for warranty claim, though I have Several Apple devices and was never ask to furnish receipt when send in for repair (Apple watch S1 sent in for coating problem)

Both still under warranty. I have received questions about warranty transfer and receipt. Is Receipt required by Apple for warranty claim? Need to transfer Apple care to the new owner ? Please help.
have u checked with Apple if AC+ is transferrable to another owner.

coz if im the buyer im taking ur risk that u might cancel the AC+ to get refund w/o my knowledge, buyers just need the assurance.

Usually Apple like u mentioned dont need to view the AC+ receipt when u send for repair unless they suspect ur item is illegal.
pangsaikang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 04:22 PM   #3

I bought 2nd hand watch SS series 3 3months ago with applecare plus....
Since there are few scratches on the body I decided to replace it....
Apple didn’t ask for receipt or anything...

Applecare plus i think is attached to the device serial number

mackie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #4

I have chat with Apple service person online and she said receipt good to have, not a must. Not a must. She even help me double check on how to delink, remove and erase the watch from my account.
Spongebob79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 03:05 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

I bought 2nd hand watch SS series 3 3months ago with applecare plus....
Since there are few scratches on the body I decided to replace it....
Apple didnít ask for receipt or anything...

Applecare plus i think is attached to the device serial number
they allowed you to pay to replace?

thought cannot claim AC+ due to cosmetic?
StanII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:28 PM   #6

you paid $98 to have it replaced?
warehaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:38 PM   #7

Mine is free coz its having random reboots too so they change it

you paid $98 to have it replaced?
mackie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:29 PM   #8

I don’t think receipts are required. They have a record of when the item was sold, even if it is through an authorised reseller. This is the great thing with Apple service. They genuinely want to help you unlike most other companies who just out source the service and can’t care less.

For me, I walked in with a faulty AirPods earpiece and they replaced for free. No receipt, and I didn’t even remember when exactly I had purchased it. Apple Store is great. Hopefully they open a few more.
rohitntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:51 PM   #9

Receipts are not required.

Source : I replaced my Series 0, 3 times in within 2 years. Under AC+.

1st Exchange — Force Touch went crazy
2nd Exchange — Touch screen unresponsive
3rd Exchange — Stuck at boot screen
Old 05-10-2019, 02:40 PM   #10
Master Member

they allowed you to pay to replace?

thought cannot claim AC+ due to cosmetic?
I think if due to cosmetic, can pay $98 to change it.
Shutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:49 PM   #11

cannot pay even if cosmetic, it needs to be broken before they allow AC+
maybe try the express replacement service online

I think if due to cosmetic, can pay $98 to change it.
warehaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:38 AM   #12
Master Member

cannot pay even if cosmetic, it needs to be broken before they allow AC+
maybe try the express replacement service online
Yes, I think use express replacement. Get the new watch. If they find nothing wrong with your old one, they will just charge you the full replacement cost of $98
Shutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #13

Yes, I think use express replacement. Get the new watch. If they find nothing wrong with your old one, they will just charge you the full replacement cost of $98
So does that mean if I have some ugly scratches on the body and screen but because itís ďcosmeticĒ issues, I will be denied the exchange? If thatís the case then should I just use a hammer and break the screen so I can get a one to one exchange and pay $98? 😂
bodohboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:09 PM   #14

So does that mean if I have some ugly scratches on the body and screen but because itís ďcosmeticĒ issues, I will be denied the exchange? If thatís the case then should I just use a hammer and break the screen so I can get a one to one exchange and pay $98? 😂
Yes, u r right.
VodkaPear is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.