ASUS AiMesh & ASUS Lyra network

woftjoe

Reaction score
Hi Asus Support,

would like to know:-

can ASUS AiMesh use as a another node for ASUS Lyra network?

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
crap, I bought Lyra Trio thinking it can mesh with my existing router. So how do I use it to extend the wifi of my existing Asus router?

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi tremor,

What's the model of your existing router? You can still use the ASUS Lyra Trio with your existing router, simply set the Lyra Trio to AP mode after you have completed the set up of all the Trio units.

crap, I bought Lyra Trio thinking it can mesh with my existing router. So how do I use it to extend the wifi of my existing Asus router?

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi tremor,

What's the model of your existing router? You can still use the ASUS Lyra Trio with your existing router, simply set the Lyra Trio to AP mode after you have completed the set up of all the Trio units.
AC88U.

Anyway to make Lyra Trio behave like a repeater until Asus release the firmware to support aimesh?

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
AC88U.

Anyway to make Lyra Trio behave like a repeater until Asus release the firmware to support aimesh?

Unlike most traditional routers, Lyra Trio does not have Repeater mode. You can also drop us an email at marketing_sg@asus.com with pictures of product serial number and invoice, let me see what we can do to help. :)

woftjoe

Reaction score
Hi Asus Support,

I had a ASUS Lyra AC2200 network. Can I add ASUS Lyra Trio to the network?

Regards,
joe

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi woftjoe,

Yes, the Lyra Trio can work with the Lyra. However, the main node must be a Lyra. Lyra Trio can only work as a node in this set up.

Also, take note that the Lyra app only officially supports up to 5 Lyra/Lyra Trio in total.

Hi Asus Support,

I had a ASUS Lyra AC2200 network. Can I add ASUS Lyra Trio to the network?

Regards,
joe

FlushX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slightly late by now, but I am thinking of the same setup. Is it possible to achieve AiMesh with AC88U and lyra trio?

Yes you can. Lyra system can now work with AiMesh compatible routers. Make sure to set up the Lyra Trio first, update to latest firmware and do a reset before you proceed to mesh them up with AC88U.

ASUS FAQ for your reference: https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1038071/

iron2000

Reaction score
I notice the Router and Lyra both use the same wifi channel, how to make Lyra use different channel?

Sometimes the phone just steps away from the Lyra but the phone still want to connect to the Router far away. Keep switching between the 2 points. What is wrong?

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi iron2000,

You can try this feature called Roaming Assistant: https://www.asus.com/sg/support/FAQ/1036730/

I notice the Router and Lyra both use the same wifi channel, how to make Lyra use different channel?

Sometimes the phone just steps away from the Lyra but the phone still want to connect to the Router far away. Keep switching between the 2 points. What is wrong?

spencert

Reaction score
Hi Asus@SG

I am facing wifi signal dropping intermittently with the Lyra Trio on AiMesh. It works on default mesh network but the moment I change to AiMesh, everything falls apart.

Both AC68U router and Lyra Trio has upgraded to latest version firmware 3.0.0.4.384.45122. More info here: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-lyra-trio-corner-corner-wifi-5791687-12.html.

Have change a new set of Trio but same results. Please advise.

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi spencert,

We have read through your post in the other thread. Your feedback will be passed on to our engineers in HQ. Please bear with us as we iron out some of the bugs. The integration of Lyra family in to the AiMesh ecosystem involves a lot effort but rest assured we are very much committed to it because we strongly believe that AiMesh is the way to go. :)

Hi Asus@SG

I am facing wifi signal dropping intermittently with the Lyra Trio on AiMesh. It works on default mesh network but the moment I change to AiMesh, everything falls apart.

Both AC68U router and Lyra Trio has upgraded to latest version firmware 3.0.0.4.384.45122. More info here: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-lyra-trio-corner-corner-wifi-5791687-12.html.

Have change a new set of Trio but same results. Please advise.

infernolord

Reaction score
Hi I have the same issue as well. I am using AC88U and lyra trio on Aimesh. The signal keep dropping and trying to connect to AC88U instead of lyra which is closest to me.
it is very frustrating, hope Asus will come out with a solution.

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi infernolord,

When you mention signal drop, does that mean Wi-Fi signal is there but your phone simply won't connect?

Btw, the web UI of AC88U allows user to directly send feedback to our engineers via the feedback function. This allows the engineers to gather the basic information required for diagnostic.

infernolord

Reaction score
Hi infernolord,

When you mention signal drop, does that mean Wi-Fi signal is there but your phone simply won't connect?

Btw, the web UI of AC88U allows user to directly send feedback to our engineers via the feedback function. This allows the engineers to gather the basic information required for diagnostic.

I noticed My phone keep switching back and fro to 4G. And i also notice it connect to AC88U router which is pretty far away instead of my Lyra node that is just beside me.

spencert

Reaction score
Hi spencert,

We have read through your post in the other thread. Your feedback will be passed on to our engineers in HQ. Please bear with us as we iron out some of the bugs. The integration of Lyra family in to the AiMesh ecosystem involves a lot effort but rest assured we are very much committed to it because we strongly believe that AiMesh is the way to go. :)

Hi Asus

It's been 6 months. Hope enough time to have a solution?

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi spencert,

Are you still facing the intermittent disconnection on your devices when running AiMesh on both AC68U and Lyra Trio?

Just to confirm, FW on AC68U is 3.0.0.4.384.45717 and FW on Lyra Trio is 3.0.0.4.384.45708?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.