HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

8 days Brisbane to Sydney

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2019, 05:13 PM   #1

8 days Brisbane to Sydney

Hi
We brought air tickets for upcoming trip on August - Brisbane to Sydney road trip.

Our plan is as follows:
Brisbane City - 1 night
Gold Coast - 2 night
Port Macquarie - 2 night
Sydney City - 2 night

So we will be renting car from Brisbane airport first day onward and return at Sydney airport.

Anyone has experience on this itinerary? Kindly advise is this doable?
Old 19-01-2019, 10:34 AM   #2

Hi

Brisbane City - 1 night
Gold Coast - 2 night
Port Macquarie - 2 night
Sydney City - 2 night
Port macquarie 1 night would do, while sydney should allocate 3 nights, because blue mountains 1 day, sydney city 1 day, and also take ferry to Manly. If 3 days too many, then stick to 2 nights in sydney, port macquarie 1 night, and coffs harbour 1 night, then you only need to drive 4-5 hours per day only.
AMAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2019, 06:47 AM   #3

Definitely don't spend 2 nights in Port Macquarie unless you have a special reason to do so.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:13 PM   #4

Thanks for your input.
I have reduce my stay at Port Macquarie and extend my stay at Sydney.

Brisbane City - 1 night (Queen Street Mall)
Gold Coast - 2 night (Dreamsworld, Whiteworld & Parasailing)
Port Macquarie - 1 night (Tracking Point Lighthouse)
Sydney City - 3 night (Opera House, Harbour Bridge, Paddy's, Blue Mountain tour, etc)

As we are renting a car from hertz how do we pay for toll and parking charges? Does the hotels provide free parking?
Old 12-02-2019, 09:45 PM   #5
Master Member

Check out groupon australia. When i went to Gold Coast in 2017, i got my 4-in-1 pass to Movieworld, WetNWild, Paradise Country and Sea world for like under $100/person. Might not have the same deal but keep checking who knows. There might be other deals you might be interested in.

On the way to port macquarie drop by byron bay,Australia's most easterly point if you have time

have you book your accommodation yet? I stayed at chevron renaissance right in the heart of gold coast with beautiful sea views.

If you are in brisbane on the weekend have a go at southbank, that place is lively during that time.

When driving just follow the speed limit and you'll be fine. I went on a road trip from gold coast to melbourne during my uni days there and it was a blast

Let me know if you have any questions.

In STOCK Huawei E5573Cs-609 MiFi $55/Smartpac PM me
acidcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 05:01 PM   #6

Thanks for your input.
I have reduce my stay at Port Macquarie and extend my stay at Sydney.

Brisbane City - 1 night (Queen Street Mall)
Gold Coast - 2 night (Dreamsworld, Whiteworld & Parasailing)
Port Macquarie - 1 night (Tracking Point Lighthouse)
Sydney City - 3 night (Opera House, Harbour Bridge, Paddy's, Blue Mountain tour, etc)

As we are renting a car from hertz how do we pay for toll and parking charges? Does the hotels provide free parking?
1) Port Macquarie is about 450-500kms from Gold Coast. Is driving such a distance comfortable for you? Some people have excellent ability to stay awake and focused for long hours on the highway. I'm not one of them

2) Quite a lot of hotels located in and around major Australian cities do not provided complimentary parking. Best to check when making your booking. I've always found it more enjoyable to travel about the city by public transport and walking.

3) If the rental company knows your intention to drive in Sydney, they should be able to provide you with the Aussie equivalent of our IU, for payment of tolls via credit card.
kevin301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 05:25 PM   #7

port macquarie/gold coast is free hotel parking, brisbane/sydney normally must pay for parking, usually around A$10-20 per night (depends on the hotel)

As for tolls, use waze or google map, ticked "Avoid toll roads".

Also good to turn on speed limit in waze, will give you a 2-tone sound when over the local speed limit, as Australia a lot of speeding cameras around
AMAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 05:59 AM   #8

Also good to turn on speed limit in waze, will give you a 2-tone sound when over the local speed limit, as Australia a lot of speeding cameras around
Keep in mind that it's not always accurate - it may report an incorrect speed limit on some roads.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 11:19 AM   #9

1) Port Macquarie is about 450-500kms from Gold Coast. Is driving such a distance comfortable for you? Some people have excellent ability to stay awake and focused for long hours on the highway. I'm not one of them

2) Quite a lot of hotels located in and around major Australian cities do not provided complimentary parking. Best to check when making your booking. I've always found it more enjoyable to travel about the city by public transport and walking.

3) If the rental company knows your intention to drive in Sydney, they should be able to provide you with the Aussie equivalent of our IU, for payment of tolls via credit card.

Thanks driving at that distance should not be an issue as my group of 4 all has driving license.
Freezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.