Aussie Trip - need advise for transport

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all aussie travellers!

My family will be travelling to Australia during mid Feb 16. We have total 7 members and 1 who is wheelchair bound.

Our iti will be sg > melbourne, melbourne>tasmania, tasmania>sydney, sydney>sg. All these transfers will be via plane. Each place we will be staying around 3days.

Very likely we will be renting our cars(suv) from vroomvroomvroom.com.au because we had a good exp dealing with them from our last usa trip. Any other websites you guys recommend?

Ok, now the main qns is.. Whether to rent 2 suvs or just rent 1 big 12seater van lookalike? There will definitely be 7 luggages to lug around. More barang barang will be added during the trip haha. Not forgetting the wheelchair too.

I will be driving 1 car and my dad will be driving the other. Other than parking costs(i know parking is very ex), petrol which will be x2 if we rent 2cars.

Whats the benefits of renting 1 12seater instead of 2 suvs?

Oh yes, is aussie wheelchair friendly? We havnt confirm the places we are visiting but very likely the SOP places in the respective states.

Many thanks and merry xmas!

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just rem that 12 seater may not be able to enter certain carparks.

spurman

Reaction score
Prob take 2 cars since theres wheelchair. 1 hyundai apex may not be able to store 7 luggages plus a wheelchair. Hehe

kevin301

Reaction score
7 + 1 + suitcases + wheelchair...
My guess is you'll need to rent 2 x station wagons.

Or just stick to public transport. Australia is quite wheelchair friendly.

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise. We are staying airbnb and some apartments only have 1 car slot available for 1 unit. Hahaha

Parking in sydney is shocking as we all know. lol. Gotta do more detailed planning now. Same to their apartments.. Haha the price is 2-3x more ex then melbourne.

We might not rent for sydney because most of the places we can get to by sub.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.