HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Australia melbourne

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2018, 02:32 PM   #1

Australia melbourne

Guys just to check how much is enough for 5day? Hotel is covet only left is tour and food maybe sourviour? Is around 1.5k enough for 2.. not renting any car

Any restriction on thing to bring in Australia ? I know food stuff can't buy medication ?
snip82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 09:23 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member

tour is usually 79-159 minimum depending where u go the maximum is unpredictable

food 50 per day is enuff for a foreigner. for someone who knows where they are going, 30$ is enuff for food per day. travel via tram or train, u need $20-40 a day
1 meal on average is 10/pax/meal leh.

Food court around that price
tekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #3
High Supremacy Member

Guys just to check how much is enough for 5day? Hotel is covet only left is tour and food maybe sourviour? Is around 1.5k enough for 2.. not renting any car

Any restriction on thing to bring in Australia ? I know food stuff can't buy medication ?

Tour - 100-200/pax per tour.

Food - 30/pax per day

Transport- 20/pax per day

Medication no issue, just declare..
beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

1.5k more than enough lah. Depends on what you want to eat or do
BlurKillerEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 03:00 PM   #5

2k is more than comfortable. You might have spare to come back.
tutorplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 04:59 PM   #6
Master Member

hi im sorry to ride on this thread.

any idea if i check-in a packet of chips, do i have to declare? i heard aust super strict. but different people telling me different things
Old 23-03-2018, 05:35 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

Just declare, worse case they confiscate and throw it away..
Old 23-03-2018, 05:53 PM   #8
Master Member

Just declare, worse case they confiscate and throw it away..
cos if declare need to go another lane. may wait for 1 hr + trying to bring1 packet of irv*n over to my friend.

but i think next u guys ask me dont bring better

Last edited by shalome; 23-03-2018 at 05:58 PM..
shalome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 03:58 AM   #9
High Supremacy Member

cos if declare need to go another lane. may wait for 1 hr + trying to bring1 packet of irv*n over to my friend.

but i think next u guys ask me dont bring better
To be honest, I hardly see anyone going to the 'nothing to declare'. There's always something you need to declare, even normal medicine you have to declare.

I feel there's some reverse psychology used here, because if the customs officer spots you or find you suspicious if you have nothing to declare, they will rummage through your bags which inadvertently end up taking longer
Old 24-03-2018, 01:29 PM   #10
Master Member

To be honest, I hardly see anyone going to the 'nothing to declare'. There's always something you need to declare, even normal medicine you have to declare.

I feel there's some reverse psychology used here, because if the customs officer spots you or find you suspicious if you have nothing to declare, they will rummage through your bags which inadvertently end up taking longer
wow.. didnt realize that. cos my friend say just bring medicine. i thought that one can just pass through without declaring. so is like no matter what declare or no declare is actually random check? hmmmm
Old 24-03-2018, 07:40 PM   #11

The incoming passenger card has a pretty specific list of what needs to be declared in terms of food items. For packets of chips, there is a very good chance you won't need to declare it.
shalome likes this.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 04:07 AM   #12
High Supremacy Member

If you're unsure, just check the boxes, and when they ask, say its chips. They will probably let you through.
shalome likes this.
Old 26-03-2018, 10:23 AM   #13
Great Supremacy Member

chips no dairy products ish can bring in. the variety of things i bring in ... prolly shock u

yes there is reverse psychology used. and also ur nervous eyes and body language. they are usually kinder to people travel in wheelies or walking stick
shalome likes this.

Last edited by seianko; 26-03-2018 at 10:25 AM..
seianko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #14

Also have a look at the sample passenger card with the declaration. https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Enter...ipc-sample.pdf

I normally bring in a whole range of things as well. Usually I bring in some Milo as the recipe is different.
shalome likes this.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 10:20 PM   #15
Master Member

chips no dairy products ish can bring in. the variety of things i bring in ... prolly shock u

yes there is reverse psychology used. and also ur nervous eyes and body language. they are usually kinder to people travel in wheelies or walking stick
i went to singpost with the irv*n chips and asked for the postage and singpost directly say not allowed. and the postage is more exp than the chips itself.

hmm did you have experience like them?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.