HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2016, 06:21 PM   #166

Apex

Why not send an email to Apex saying you wish to change the plan? Better to change it before you collect the car I guess.
Bro, do APEX provide car rental service in Perth?
chk_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:17 AM   #167
High Supremacy Member

Bro, do APEX provide car rental service in Perth?
I believe there's no APEX in perth unfortunately..
chk_1982 likes this.
beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #168

Excess Cover

Hi, some advice needed as I am quite confused.

My travel insurance covers rental vehicle excess cover and addtional cost of recurring rental vehicle. Would like to ask if I still need to purchase "Accident Excess Reduction" or "Maximum Cover" from Hertz when I rent with them?
antiseptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 02:10 PM   #169

Hi, some advice needed as I am quite confused.

My travel insurance covers rental vehicle excess cover and addtional cost of recurring rental vehicle. Would like to ask if I still need to purchase "Accident Excess Reduction" or "Maximum Cover" from Hertz when I rent with them?
Depends on the wordings of your travel insurance. Mine says "you are to take up maximum liability insurance available" in order to claim from the travel insurance. So technically you have to take Maximum cover if you want to claim successfully, which defeats the purpose of having the travel insurance since the excess is 0 for Max cover.

My suggestion if you are worried about car insurance is to take up car liability reduction insurance from a third party, rather than pay hertz's outrageous daily rates.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 10:06 AM   #170

Depends on the wordings of your travel insurance. Mine says "you are to take up maximum liability insurance available" in order to claim from the travel insurance. So technically you have to take Maximum cover if you want to claim successfully, which defeats the purpose of having the travel insurance since the excess is 0 for Max cover.

My suggestion if you are worried about car insurance is to take up car liability reduction insurance from a third party, rather than pay hertz's outrageous daily rates.
My insurance is worded "as part of the hiring arrangement, the Adult Insured Person must take up a comprehensive motor insurance against loss or damage to the rental vehicle during the rental period"

Any third party insurance to recommend?
antiseptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #171

I think a few screens back someone recommended https://tripcover.com.au/

OZ company, so similar time zone to us.

I intend to take up (given the exchange rate of the pound)
https://www.worldwideinsure.com/car-...-insurance.php

Of course for these 3rd party companies you still have to get charged by the rental company for the damage first and claim back (which takes time and may be subject to back and forth)
Old 18-10-2016, 07:55 PM   #172

My insurance is worded "as part of the hiring arrangement, the Adult Insured Person must take up a comprehensive motor insurance against loss or damage to the rental vehicle during the rental period"

Any third party insurance to recommend?
That's the normal wording, as not all countries include insurance as part of car rental. In Australia, comprehensive motor insurance is included with every hire. In the event of a claim, the money you have to pay is the excess. So in this sense, you don't need to purchase any 3rd party insurance or any excess reduction options for the travel insurance to cover for the excess (up to the maximum as stated in the policy).
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 02:07 PM   #173
Master Member

Just back from perth.
Booked a Holden SV6 wagon with Avis but was given a Hyundai IMAX instead.
Fast and simple taking over. Pass the staff our reservation, staff show us the vehicle damage condition slip and whether to buy their excess coverage, sign and make payment. All less than 5mins. Key and parking lot given, just proceed to the car park and help yrself to the car.
Took a video and check the damages corresponding to the slip. Excess insurance was bought online from the great recommendation by some members here (Thanks!)

IMAX is a 8 seater minivan but my family love it as it very very spacious with just 4 of us.
Super big boot.. 4 big luggage + 2 cabin size luggage no prob. We push the mid passenger seats all the way back for more space and leave the last row seats for all our jackets and snacks.

At the last night before returning the car, went for a 24hrs DIY car wash and vacuum before returning. We drove all the way up to the terminal to unload our luggage first before turning back around to the rental carpark to return the car(At least to need to carrying all the luggage from rental carpark back to terminal although it is just 5 mins away :p)
zeroflame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 04:50 PM   #174

Just back from perth.
Fast and simple taking over. Pass the staff our reservation, staff show us the vehicle damage condition slip and whether to buy their excess coverage, sign and make payment. All less than 5mins. Key and parking lot given, just proceed to the car park and help yrself to the car.
Took a video and check the damages corresponding to the slip. Excess insurance was bought online from the great recommendation by some members here (Thanks!)

IMAX is a 8 seater minivan but my family love it as it very very spacious with just 4 of us.
Super big boot.. 4 big luggage + 2 cabin size luggage no prob. We push the mid passenger seats all the way back for more space and leave the last row seats for all our jackets and snacks.

At the last night before returning the car, went for a 24hrs DIY car wash and vacuum before returning. We drove all the way up to the terminal to unload our luggage first before turning back around to the rental carpark to return the car(At least to need to carrying all the luggage from rental carpark back to terminal although it is just 5 mins away :p)
Can you share the excess insurance? Thanks. Planning to visit Australia early next year
Craviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 05:30 PM   #175
Master Member

Can you share the excess insurance? Thanks. Planning to visit Australia early next year
https://www.worldwideinsure.com/car-...-insurance.php
Old 19-10-2016, 06:52 PM   #176

Haven't tried myself, but also try https://tripcover.com.au/
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 08:34 PM   #177

Just back from perth.

Hi zeroflame, I've got 6 adults + a 3yr old and 1 yr old. Do you reckon everyone will be comfy if there is a child seat in the middle of the 2nd and 3rd row? The passengers are average sized ladies.
pawn_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 10:17 PM   #178

Hi zeroflame, I've got 6 adults + a 3yr old and 1 yr old. Do you reckon everyone will be comfy if there is a child seat in the middle of the 2nd and 3rd row? The passengers are average sized ladies.
I don't think you're able to secure a child seat properly in the middle seat as they would require a 3-point seat-belt to be attached properly.

Best case scenario I think would be to put them on left on one row and right on the other.
Old 20-10-2016, 04:36 PM   #179
Master Member

Sorry I did not take notice of the seat belt configuration. The last row will need the middle row seat to be push and folded forward in order to access and I can't remember the folding seat is at the left or right also. If the folding is on left, will suggest u either secure the seats both at the middle n last row right side as Australia are same right hand drive as us. Passengers can easily board and alight safely from the left hand side.

Old 20-10-2016, 07:03 PM   #180
High Supremacy Member

Just booked a hybrid car from thrifty at Perth Airport tomorrow, will share my experience..
beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.