HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2016, 06:11 AM   #226

just curious.. if we bought our own travel insurance that comes with car rental excess do we still need to buy comprehensive insurance when we rent the car?
In Australia, car rentals automatically include comprehensive insurance. What we need to pay is the excess of that insurance policy. Generally speaking, the travel insurance would cover only the excess. That's all you really need in Australia, as long as the coverage is adequate - most only cover for $500 or $1000 while the excess can be over $3000 in a lot of cases. You may choose to purchase other products (e.g. excess reduction packages available at the car rental company, or excess reduction insurance offered by a 3rd party) to ensure you don't have any gaps in your coverage.

Other countries can rent cars without comprehensive insurance, but that's very different and you won't see this in Australia so I won't comment further on this.
Quasar likes this.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:11 PM   #227

How is Bayswater? Are they reliable?

Avis and Hertz are too common.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:34 AM   #228
High Supremacy Member

Bayswater are ok, they usually do short term rental.. only issue is they are not available at the airport..
beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:25 PM   #229

Hard to appeal leh. They send me photo evidence some more. I don't think I got good excuse or emergency.
where did you get the ticket? I just returned from NT and was stopped by the traffic police on the roadside. I just paid it off but am worried if there are other tickets coming in. I think I might have exceeded the limited on certain part of the highway. GG.
eisrad_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:19 PM   #230

They are okay. Much cheaper than those rental at the airport ( even when you factor in taxi both way). Also depends on how many days you rent lah
addats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:02 PM   #231

They are okay. Much cheaper than those rental at the airport ( even when you factor in taxi both way). Also depends on how many days you rent lah
Yeah, their rates are really low. Considering a self drive tour around Perth for July and they seem to be the best option.
chris888222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:21 AM   #232
High Supremacy Member

I recalled my last trip, rented from Avis for a Camry hybrid @$63/day.. without insurance. Was pretty decent..
beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:21 PM   #233

Anyone knows what the daily rate of insurance maximum coverage for avis.

I tried getting a quote from avis krisflyer page but it does not show the extra cost.

Thanks
lastkopek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:50 PM   #234

I think you can get a better idea from their page direct, just do a dummy booking:

https://www.avis.com.au/car-rental/r.../select-car.ac

Varies based on car, but it seems to be A$28/day for full including PA cover for a corolla hatchback in Perth.

Search around for better rates, sometimes you can find very good discount codes on other travel forums. I've managed to snag $30/day nett for a standard sized Kia on hertz just in November. (That's without excess insurance but including taxes)

Last edited by Quasar; 07-01-2017 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 09:05 PM   #235

hmmm, anyone knows how the pickup works for the no birds rental?i am just having a quick look, seems like the pick up location is not far away...and i guess u can pick up from airport and drop off at the city office.

https://www.bayswatercarrental.com.a...rthairport.pdf
jingle_babble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 01:56 PM   #236

hmmm, anyone knows how the pickup works for the no birds rental?i am just having a quick look, seems like the pick up location is not far away...and i guess u can pick up from airport and drop off at the city office.

https://www.bayswatercarrental.com.a...rthairport.pdf
Haven't tried it myself, but the pick up location isn't too much of a walk from the terminal. Bayswater is about 15mins drive away from the international terminal so the $5 per pax transfer is about the only feasible option (or you can take a cab and the driver will curse at you for taking such a short trip). If you must, I guess you can just send the driver on the shuttle, and everyone else wait around for 45 mins while you go pick up the car and come back to the airport.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 10:25 PM   #237

After comparing rates im going for bayswater car rental.

Thier toyota fleet is not bad. Im taking the rav4 with airport pickup at additional $5.

Thanks for the reconmendations
lastkopek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 08:33 PM   #238

anyone used Ace car rental before?

http://cars-scanner.com/en/

looks to be giving me the cheapest rate for the rental duration for a toyota corolla

lastkopek:do share your experience.. i am travelling somewhere in april
Old 25-01-2017, 06:27 PM   #239

I don't think Hertz takes deposits from me either but I'm some sort of a member so the treatment might be different. Most of my rentals are with Hertz as their IT system isn't very good and I can usually get very good discounts off it.
Any good codes to share
breadie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 10:45 PM   #240

cant find any good codes around at the moment. trying to find one as well..but travel now is till 31st march.

krisflyer has the usual 15% if u go to the website.. anyone has more codes to share, feel free to chip in..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.