HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2017, 03:48 AM   #301

Thank.
Was trying to look for those 7 seater MPV like Toyota Valfire / wish but nothing available

Here's an image of the boot space

U can fold half the 3rd row down.. but third row legroom not very good..

PS: The rental units should have the 3.5L engine. Plenty of power but expect 7-10km/l only depending on ur foot
keith00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 04:11 AM   #302
High Supremacy Member

If you want 7 seater SUV, can try Q7..
beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 07:17 AM   #303

Better to opt for the pay now and save a bit ?
Check the conditions carefully, as the pay now options usually restrict your options in terms of changing and cancelling, where the pay at counter option almost always allows you to make changes or cancel up till the rental starts. In most cases, I prefer to take the pay at counter option. Prices sometimes change a lot. (Hertz usually updates weekly if the choose to do so, Europcar can even be updated daily). If you see a cheaper rate, it's a lot easier to rebook if you haven't handed over any money yet.

And if you're unfortunate enough to be treated really poorly by the staff when you arrive, you can still cancel the booking and go with another company as long as you haven't signed the contract and haven't handed over the credit card. I know of some who, when they arrived, found a massive queue for their rental company, so asked another company with no queue for a price quote. They then cancelled their original booking and went with the new company, and saved an hour or 2.

Last edited by Awesom Andy; 22-03-2017 at 07:20 AM..
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 02:18 PM   #304

Check the conditions carefully, as the pay now options usually restrict your options in terms of changing and cancelling, where the pay at counter option almost always allows you to make changes or cancel up till the rental starts. In most cases, I prefer to take the pay at counter option. Prices sometimes change a lot. (Hertz usually updates weekly if the choose to do so, Europcar can even be updated daily). If you see a cheaper rate, it's a lot easier to rebook if you haven't handed over any money yet.

And if you're unfortunate enough to be treated really poorly by the staff when you arrive, you can still cancel the booking and go with another company as long as you haven't signed the contract and haven't handed over the credit card. I know of some who, when they arrived, found a massive queue for their rental company, so asked another company with no queue for a price quote. They then cancelled their original booking and went with the new company, and saved an hour or 2.
Hi sorry to interrupt, as I was going to book 6 days rental with Hertz, something strange happened as the page shows that save and pay now ($252.24) and pay later is (290.89). However when I click into save and pay now, it leads me to a page summary of the car details showing;
SUV Compact (Group G) CFAR - Nissan Qashqai or similar
rate details - 5days @ 63.03 AUD - $315.30 AUD
Upon booking, your credit card will be charged ($252.24)

I am confused on whether will they ask me to pay the $63.06 AUD difference when I am there to collect my car or so

I am booking under the 5days for the price of 4 promo. PC : 203415

Please advise,

Thank you
ILOVESIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #305

A screenshot of the summary will be more helpful as it explains the discounts applied
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 04:03 PM   #306
High Supremacy Member

Hi sorry to interrupt, as I was going to book 6 days rental with Hertz, something strange happened as the page shows that save and pay now ($252.24) and pay later is (290.89). However when I click into save and pay now, it leads me to a page summary of the car details showing;

I am confused on whether will they ask me to pay the $63.06 AUD difference when I am there to collect my car or so

Please advise,

Thank you
Nope what you pay now is the final price which is $252.24..
Old 23-03-2017, 05:02 PM   #307

A screenshot of the summary will be more helpful as it explains the discounts applied

Hi, I don't think I am able to attach pictures here but here is the link;

https://www.hertz.com.au/rentacar/reservation/#extras

Last edited by ILOVESIC; 23-03-2017 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: link doesnt work
Old 23-03-2017, 05:06 PM   #308

Nope what you pay now is the final price which is $252.24..
I also hope so if not it will defeat the purpose of the "save and pay now option"
Old 23-03-2017, 05:43 PM   #309

Please advise,

Thank you
Welcome to the weird world of Hertz IT.

On the final page, it should lists all the discounts as well, or at the very least, make a mention of the promo code. If the proper details are there, then it shouldn't be a problem.
ILOVESIC likes this.
Old 23-03-2017, 08:30 PM   #310

How about the Kia Carnival.
Any review?
keith00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 01:00 AM   #311

Any review?
This car is spacious. I think between this and hyundai imax, kia carnival is good for long drive. imax more like a van.
lastkopek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 06:28 AM   #312

Any review?
The cruise control is horrendous though. 2km/h steps, with a tolerance of about 5km/h. I do a better job keeping speed than it does.
Old 27-03-2017, 12:53 PM   #313

How's the driving conditions like in Perth? First time going, looking to drive... renting with Firefly... is it good?
yewdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 11:42 PM   #314
Great Supremacy Member

How's the review for no birds Bayswater?

The price for a new RAV4 is very attractive
jinmuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 04:07 AM   #315
High Supremacy Member

How's the review for no birds Bayswater?

The price for a new RAV4 is very attractive
I think its alright, just that it's not in the airport.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.