Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

swirl360

Master Member
Reaction score
I returned the car yesterday and I wasn’t charged with any cleaning fees. The hertz officer said that the dirt and soil are ok. They will clean it themselves. Very different from sg..
Thanks for the update!

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

yamkc58

Reaction score
My 8 days there, I didn't see any of them until the day we were going to the airport, my sis in law spotted them setting up a mobile speed trap.

But still, better be safe than sorry.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Ok, thanks

Hoo8899

Reaction score
Drove Corolla Hatch hybrid from NoBirds 2 weeks ago, here is the review:

- Sporty looks inside out
- punchy and easy to overtake, speed limit display in odometer
- no USB port (I think) but got bluetooth, not sure if any GPS but use google better
- Spacious and comfy ride for 4 adults and a toddler, plenty of legs room, but door don't open wide so a bit difficult to go in/out for the back seat passengers
- Boot space is nightmare, can try to squeeze in 1 big and 2 small suitcases with a backpack but the back view is completely block, to me no problem in driving (with side mirrors and parking camera) but quite worry that glass will get smashed
- completed 1,150km with 62l of fuel (ard AUD1.44 per litre)
- picking up car is easy, less than 10 minutes
- dropping after hours also easy, just park and drop the key, check with the staff when picking up

Separately, found a numbers of free parking lots in Fremantle, jz need to drive around the town usually less than 1km from market, went there on Saturday and these lots still available.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Drove Corolla Hatch hybrid from NoBirds 2 weeks ago, here is the review:

- Sporty looks inside out
- punchy and easy to overtake, speed limit display in odometer
- no USB port (I think) but got bluetooth, not sure if any GPS but use google better
- Spacious and comfy ride for 4 adults and a toddler, plenty of legs room, but door don't open wide so a bit difficult to go in/out for the back seat passengers
- Boot space is nightmare, can try to squeeze in 1 big and 2 small suitcases with a backpack but the back view is completely block, to me no problem in driving (with side mirrors and parking camera) but quite worry that glass will get smashed
- completed 1,150km with 62l of fuel (ard AUD1.44 per litre)
- picking up car is easy, less than 10 minutes
- dropping after hours also easy, just park and drop the key, check with the staff when picking up

Separately, found a numbers of free parking lots in Fremantle, jz need to drive around the town usually less than 1km from market, went there on Saturday and these lots still available.

got same car in Apr19, so can add a bit :
- the USB port is at the front pax side, near the right knee area :o
- GPS need to pay AUD3-5 a day extra I think
- 5 adults also ok
- also got very good cruise control, which automatically slows down when there approaching other car, then speed up again when coast is clear :)

agree with other points ...

strat

Reaction score

can PM me where are the free parking lots?
Heading there next week
TIA!

Hoo8899

Reaction score
I will just share it here, around Fremantle Art Centre can find whole day or 4P free lots, along Elder Place 2P parking, Ellen Street 2P parking, and believe got more.

littlek

Reaction score
Fruits picking around magaret river area

hi, is there any fruits farm along the Margaret river region for fruits picking in end June?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will just share it here, around Fremantle Art Centre can find whole day or 4P free lots, along Elder Place 2P parking, Ellen Street 2P parking, and believe got more.

bhbXYvb.png

Basically can park on these small streets on Sun whole day..

yamkc58

Reaction score
Is it recommended to rent a GPS if going at Margaret river? Will try to find a Telstra card for use on Google map but I just worried that the reception will drop in some areas

yamkc58

Reaction score
One more question. For folks who have rented RAV4 from Bayswater, how's the driving experience?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it recommended to rent a GPS if going at Margaret river? Will try to find a Telstra card for use on Google map but I just worried that the reception will drop in some areas

One more question. For folks who have rented RAV4 from Bayswater, how's the driving experience?

Actually its straight fwd from Perth to MR, once you're there, you won't get lost as there's only 1 main road from north to south of MR. Unless you're trying to look for your accommodation or airbnb, probably thats where you need a GPS.

Bayswater's car are 99% new, so you'll be driving the latest RAV4

yamkc58

Reaction score
Actually its straight fwd from Perth to MR, once you're there, you won't get lost as there's only 1 main road from north to south of MR. Unless you're trying to look for your accommodation or airbnb, probably thats where you need a GPS.

Bayswater's car are 99% new, so you'll be driving the latest RAV4

Thanks for the advice! The latest RAV4 seems like a good drive

converse2010

Reaction score
Appreciate some review regarding the Rav4 from Bayswater too :D

Am deciding between Qashqai from Hertz and Rav4 from Bayswater.

BlueBull

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm heading there end of June, not booked a car yet. Any recommendation for rental companies with car pick up and return at airport?

yamkc58

Reaction score
Tried to book too late at No Birds. Can't reserve the Rav 4 now.

I prefer a car with cruise control and bluetooth if possible.

Has anyone of you booked the "New Mid-size Sedan" recently (either Corolla or Cerato)? Would want to confirm if there is any cruise control or bluetooth for this vehicle. Prefer sedan rather than hatch as i will be carrying 2 large suitcases with 2 backpacks. Thanks

digisales

Reaction score
Tried to book too late at No Birds. Can't reserve the Rav 4 now.

I prefer a car with cruise control and bluetooth if possible.

Has anyone of you booked the "New Mid-size Sedan" recently (either Corolla or Cerato)? Would want to confirm if there is any cruise control or bluetooth for this vehicle. Prefer sedan rather than hatch as i will be carrying 2 large suitcases with 2 backpacks. Thanks

I booked the "new mid sized sedan", but have not gone for my trip yet

yamkc58

Reaction score
With the lack of choices now, i'm likely to get that option too. The usual big few car rentals at the airport is really over priced comparatively

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.