Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A friend rented EV for holiday, mostly Chargefox free DC charging.
Thru Turo? I know its more of a private renter but wonder if its good?
thinking of trying EV. if going the general touristy places, is charging easy?(destination charging)

And also to confirm, SG driving license , we dont need AA(IDP) to drive in Aust right? Just bring the driving license card will do.

Last edited:

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For 6 pax don't think can fit 4 luggages. For me is 4 pax n 3rd row down so can fit 2 big luggages n 3 small luggages.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
so you rented the mit outlander due to the bootspace?
if only sit 4, then will be only 2big lug and 1-2bags. thinking to go forester or mit outlander.
no bird RAV4 sold out, can only choose the mid size SUV which might be MG HS.

GReddy G9 RS

Reaction score
so you rented the mit outlander due to the bootspace?
if only sit 4, then will be only 2big lug and 1-2bags. thinking to go forester or mit outlander.
no bird RAV4 sold out, can only choose the mid size SUV which might be MG HS.

Yes, want more spacious cos distance is quite long at least my 2 kids can take nap comfortably. I have 2 big luggages n 3 small. Fit nicely.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thru Turo? I know its more of a private renter but wonder if its good?
thinking of trying EV. if going the general touristy places, is charging easy?(destination charging)

And also to confirm, SG driving license , we dont need AA(IDP) to drive in Aust right? Just bring the driving license card will do.
Nope, from hertz.

If you're renting EV, check plugshare for those places you're going if there are chargers around.

No IDP required.

gnooliew

Reaction score
Intending to rent from No Birds for my Jun trip for 2A1C.

Between the Hybrid Corolla Hatch and small size SUV categories, which is preferred (the SUV costs abit more but I assume the Hybrid is more fuel efficient)?

Also, for child seat, my kid is 7yo. I assume still needed? Booster like Mifold not recognised in AU I understand so get from No Birds instead correct?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many luggage do you have? I reckon SUV will be more comfortable.

Yes, 7 yr old is needed.
Intending to rent from No Birds for my Jun trip for 2A1C.

Between the Hybrid Corolla Hatch and small size SUV categories, which is preferred (the SUV costs abit more but I assume the Hybrid is more fuel efficient)?

Also, for child seat, my kid is 7yo. I assume still needed? Booster like Mifold not recognised in AU I understand so get from No Birds instead correct?

LoUsyGamER

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can advise whether the car rental for different companies at international airport are located at the car park booth?

Was intending to rent from nobirds but skeptical after multiple emails sent through their website and there is no response.

TIA.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can advise whether the car rental for different companies at international airport are located at the car park booth?

Was intending to rent from nobirds but skeptical after multiple emails sent through their website and there is no response.

TIA.
nobirds is 5mins from the airport, they have shuttle service to take you to the car rental. Have to pay $5 one way.

Last edited:

Kinopix

Reaction score
nobirds is 5mins from the airport, they have shuttle service to take you to the car rental. Have to pay $5 one way.
For NoBirds, does my family members travel together with me in the shuttle van to pick up the rental car, or only myself? How about during car returning, same arrangement?

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For NoBirds, does my family members travel together with me in the shuttle van to pick up the rental car, or only myself? How about during car returning, same arrangement?
This part I was not sure too. My gf was with me in the shuttle though. Not sure if big family how they handle.
I returned the car in odd hours so I I took grab for drop off.

rabboni

Reaction score
hello can check for no birds, what is the charge for returning at different location from pickup? emailed them but they said to ask the counter during rental

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello can check for no birds, what is the charge for returning at different location from pickup? emailed them but they said to ask the counter during rental
Usually when you book, and you choose a different location, a surcharge will be applied. Maybe try that first?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interestingly theres no option for that on the no birds website
I found the answer in the FAQ

Perth car to a different Perth office​

No, vehicles must be returned to the same Office (where collected).

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

Besides Nobirds, any other reputable rental companies? My sister reach on a Sunday but their center is closed! Gosh

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.