HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2019, 01:18 PM   #661

Tried to book too late at No Birds. Can't reserve the Rav 4 now.

I prefer a car with cruise control and bluetooth if possible.

Has anyone of you booked the "New Mid-size Sedan" recently (either Corolla or Cerato)? Would want to confirm if there is any cruise control or bluetooth for this vehicle. Prefer sedan rather than hatch as i will be carrying 2 large suitcases with 2 backpacks. Thanks
yamkc58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:18 PM   #662

Has anyone of you booked the "New Mid-size Sedan" recently (either Corolla or Cerato)? Would want to confirm if there is any cruise control or bluetooth for this vehicle. Prefer sedan rather than hatch as i will be carrying 2 large suitcases with 2 backpacks. Thanks
I booked the "new mid sized sedan", but have not gone for my trip yet
digisales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:26 PM   #663

With the lack of choices now, i'm likely to get that option too. The usual big few car rentals at the airport is really over priced comparatively
Old 08-06-2019, 02:45 PM   #664

With the lack of choices now, i'm likely to get that option too. The usual big few car rentals at the airport is really over priced comparatively
i agree the airport ones are more ex after comparing. But Guess there are people who don't mind paying for the convenience
Old 09-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #665
High Supremacy Member

Not all cars have cruise control, let along bluetooth.. only the premium ones like Audi or BMW probably confirmed to have..

The large sedans like Ford or Holden will definitely have cruise control
beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:11 PM   #666

I have been reading thru the pages, from what I understand, there is roadside parking which will indicate 1P, 2P, 3P, and it leash 1h, 2h, 3h free parking. So I would like to ask what happens after the free parking? How do they know how Long have we parked at that lot? Sorry if my q sounds noob, first time going there.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:20 PM   #667
High Supremacy Member

I have been reading thru the pages, from what I understand, there is roadside parking which will indicate 1P, 2P, 3P, and it leash 1h, 2h, 3h free parking. So I would like to ask what happens after the free parking? How do they know how Long have we parked at that lot? Sorry if my q sounds noob, first time going there.
They mark your car tyres, if they come back after 1hr or 2hr etc, and still see the mark on your car, they fine you.

Some places have these RFID on the lot itself, once a car parks there, the count down starts and alerts the parking attendant once the time is up
likevegetable likes this.
beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:25 PM   #668
High Supremacy Member

This thread gives you an idea how it works
https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2545696
likevegetable is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:57 PM   #669

They mark your car tyres, if they come back after 1hr or 2hr etc, and still see the mark on your car, they fine you.

Some places have these RFID on the lot itself, once a car parks there, the count down starts and alerts the parking attendant once the time is up
Sounds like a very interesting way to check. Any idea how on the ball are they doing the checks? And what sort of fine are we looking at if we exceed the time?
Old 11-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #670

This thread gives you an idea how it works
https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2545696
Thanks! Interesting read. Seems like different areas have different ways of dealing with parking
Old 12-06-2019, 10:55 AM   #671

I got the toyota sedan
With cruise control

Bluetooth haven't try yet

Boot can fit 2 x 28inch and 2 x 20inch luggages

Sent from Somewhere Out There using GAGT
cc2mss5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:59 PM   #672

I got the toyota sedan
With cruise control

Bluetooth haven't try yet

Boot can fit 2 x 28inch and 2 x 20inch luggages

Sent from Somewhere Out There using GAGT
Thanks! That's helpful information
Old 14-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #673

Booked a Rav4 with Bayswater for August.
converse2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 04:19 PM   #674

Just came back from Perth and this is what i observed
Do look at the signboards properly.
Once the signboard mention ticket, you will need to pay and 1p,2p ,3p refers to the max time you can park.

Most parking in Perth CBD area not not free even on Sunday.
strat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 12:43 AM   #675

I'm heading there end of June, not booked a car yet. Any recommendation for rental companies with car pick up and return at airport?
So far I found these 2 sites to provide pretty good rates

https://www.easyrentcars.com/

https://www.autoeurope.com/car-rental/
benk is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.