HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #91

hey guys..i gg perth next year may. how did u rent the car? online or when u reach the airport? They charge by daily rate or wad? thanks
kindaichi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #92

Debit cards are accepted in most car rental companies.

I just visited Perth in July this year and rented from Aries car rental. It is a local car rental company so the prices are cheaper than the international brands. I had no issues with this rental company. Pick up and return process was easy and fuss free. Location of the office is also convenient in Perth city centre.
ahter8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #93

Debit cards are accepted in most car rental companies.

I just visited Perth in July this year and rented from Aries car rental. It is a local car rental company so the prices are cheaper than the international brands. I had no issues with this rental company. Pick up and return process was easy and fuss free. Location of the office is also convenient in Perth city centre.
Mind sharing your rental rate?
- Make/Model
- Total Cost and # of days
- Insurance excess
kevin301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #94

can't find much reviews on this compnay but their rate is slightly cheaper to Hertz for Nissan Dualis and they provide free parking at their garage? my hotel is near them, probably can save A$25+
Arcanell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #95

can't find much reviews on this compnay but their rate is slightly cheaper to Hertz for Nissan Dualis and they provide free parking at their garage? my hotel is near them, probably can save A$25+
any saving is a good thing
But just make sure that you understand the fine print, that you don't get charged for extras that would've been covered by the big companies.
Old 25-12-2014, 12:36 AM   #96

just came back from perth

Booked Holden Commodore SV6 from perth. got a brand new 1 week old car with only 800km in it. Damn nice drive. high tech. accelerate to 150km/h easily. v smooth ride.

paid AUD$368.08 for 7 days of rental.

for hertz and stuff, you can find their promo code online. i found 1 20% off promo code.

I did not get their insurance excess thingy coz it cost $450 which is more than the rental itself.
soho87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #97

wow, damn lucky! you're probably the 2nd driver for the car. Heard that holden is very thirsty for petrol, is it true?
Arcanell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #98

wow, damn lucky! you're probably the 2nd driver for the car. Heard that holden is very thirsty for petrol, is it true?
quite thirsty, think i got around 7-8km/l.. whole trip took me around 1055km... refueled twice total around AUD190, so around 140ltrs of petrol.

But i tell u. it is worth it .. fuel there is cheaper than SG.. so should try.

Its a rear wheel drive, so i turn and floor several time, good feeling of some mild losing control..

one misadventure was that my car got stuck in sandy beach once because i floor abit too much moving off from stand still.. so the car got stuck.. lucky 2 aussie man help me dig and get the car out..
soho87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2014, 10:21 AM   #99

just came back from perth

Booked Holden Commodore SV6 from perth. got a brand new 1 week old car with only 800km in it. Damn nice drive. high tech. accelerate to 150km/h easily. v smooth ride.

paid AUD$368.08 for 7 days of rental.

for hertz and stuff, you can find their promo code online. i found 1 20% off promo code.

I did not get their insurance excess thingy coz it cost $450 which is more than the rental itself.
So expensive!
I guess christmas time, rental rates a bit higher.

Ya agree that the excess thing is kind of expensive. Just have to be careful I suppose.
Old 27-07-2015, 02:25 PM   #100

Any bros here used Bayswater car rental before ? Any idea the price quoted online is AUD or USD ?

They quoted me $220 for 4 days of rental .. and Hertz quoted me AUD 270 ...

Is the price consider cheap or expensive ? Anyway both of the price included max coverage for insurance...

Thanks !
ZigguratZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2015, 07:40 PM   #101

Any bros here used Bayswater car rental before ? Any idea the price quoted online is AUD or USD ?

They quoted me $220 for 4 days of rental .. and Hertz quoted me AUD 270 ...

Is the price consider cheap or expensive ? Anyway both of the price included max coverage for insurance...

Thanks !
If you went to THIS site, the prices are in AUD.
Usually the average price ($/day) drops significantly around 6 or 7 days rental.
$50+ /day for 4 days rental sounds about right. Toyota Corolla, I presume.
Old 28-07-2015, 01:16 AM   #102

If you went to THIS site, the prices are in AUD.
Usually the average price ($/day) drops significantly around 6 or 7 days rental.
$50+ /day for 4 days rental sounds about right. Toyota Corolla, I presume.
Hi, yup I selected it from the site above ... thanks for the information !
ZigguratZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2015, 10:48 PM   #103

Anyone rent with Europcar Perth before? Can share your experience and reviews?

I found many bad reviews on google and found this too http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...-1227118960218
funnyclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 12:25 AM   #104

rented this holden caprice for my previous trip during SG50 long week.
got 2 model, the V6 and V8. they gave me the V8 model due to location from airport pick up.

thru Budget, ard AU$120+ per day
did not take the excess, just had to be more careful.
try not to drive at night, the roos are attracted to our vehicle headlight
took the car from Perth airport down to busselton, v smooth drive!
powerful also, so i guess should be v easy to oversteer. need to get used to it, anyway highway 110km/hr, cannot speed too high also.

pros
+ very spacious. behind similar to jaguar passengers seats space
+ HUD fm driver, tells u speed, GPS direction even!
+ collision warning! usually green on the HUD, means if u brake, u will be able to stop in time. once the car in front jam brake, immd it warn red and got warning sound to infm driver collison-prone ahead, caution
+ it was pretty new, took car 1800km only on the meter.

cons
- v long due to spacious cabin, v tight to move ard especially in CBD multi-storey carpark
- v powerful. must get used to it & be caution on the road.

Old 29-08-2015, 05:44 PM   #105

yangsss - thank you for sharing your pick & experience.

Btw, I noticed the Ford Kuga is a 1.6L SUV. Can someone advise is it the same space as a Toyota Rav4; Honda CRV?

Or is it small as a Toyota Rush?

Thanks
funnyclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.