HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

llooking for travel buddy on a working holiday

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #31

yo! managed to come across this thread thru googling.. anyway i'm applying for the NZ working holiday for this year..

is the owner of this thread still planning to do it?
Hey there! I am in contact with the TS and yup he is still doing the working holiday and is flying on the 18th May.
I will be flying in July.

If you guys are interested to exchange information, can email me at eveslumber(at)gmail(dot)com
veryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #32

Hey, can someone give me a brief summary of this? I don't quite understand it. I'm planning to head to NZ in june/july to try out snowboarding and to experience snow for the first time but my parents say its quite expensive. This certainly would seem to help me as I just graduated from poly.

a working holiday would require you to work and travel at the same time.
So basically you are working in a foreign country and using ur income to supplement your travelling and living expenses there. NZ is a very popular destination because of the minimum wage -NZ14/hr as well as the friendly people, diverse landscape, cultures and many beautiful natural scenery to visit.

That being said, usually it will only be realistic for long term travel and not short term. Ultimately, it depends on your luck on finding a job as well as your willingness to adapt and be flexible with your plans. If you are only planing to experience snow for fun with not much money in your pocket, NZ might not be a good destination.
Old 14-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #33

Hi,

I will be Wellington on 1st July for the Working Holiday as well. Will travel for about a week to Auckland with a friend and be back in Wellington probably by 10th July. Will anyone be around Wellington?
youatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2014, 07:08 PM   #34

Hi,

I will be Wellington on 1st July for the Working Holiday as well. Will travel for about a week to Auckland with a friend and be back in Wellington probably by 10th July. Will anyone be around Wellington?
Will travel down to wellington somehow but not sure when.
Visit us in Auckland?
Old 17-05-2014, 03:54 PM   #35

this thread is interesting. i might be interested in travelling around since i'll be based there. bookmark here first
_Dave_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #36

Will travel down to wellington somehow but not sure when.
Visit us in Auckland?
When will you be in Auckland?
Old 28-05-2014, 09:23 PM   #37

Hi I just got my working holiday visa approved.

I'm going in September 2014. Will there be anyone there or going in September? I'm looking at staying at the southern island for one month or longer (working) then the subsequently travel around new zealand. I'm flexible, can discuss further.
Rainbowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #38

Hi I just got my working holiday visa approved.

I'm going in September 2014. Will there be anyone there or going in September? I'm looking at staying at the southern island for one month or longer (working) then the subsequently travel around new zealand. I'm flexible, can discuss further.
Hi, I will be in wellington for a couple of months. I am open to travelling or meeting up for a meal should you drop by.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #39

Anyone in South Island that plans to start travelling in mid June. I'm currently looking for a travellers. I don't have a car but am willing to share petrol cost. Would like to cover most of the popular town and attraction places.
mirioki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:10 AM   #40

whops i did not check the thread. I am already in auckland for 2 over weeks. Will be here till mid july before I make my way down south. Are you in the area?
Old 08-06-2014, 11:42 PM   #41

i'll be landing in auckland in mid-july. how's the shopping scene like over there? thinking whether to get coldwear in sg or akl, since sg quite exp
Old 09-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #42

i'll be landing in auckland in mid-july. how's the shopping scene like over there? thinking whether to get coldwear in sg or akl, since sg quite exp
lol dont expect to buy nice fashionable stuff in auckland. most brands here are aussie or local brand and they are not very fashion forward people.
If you wanna buy winter clothes and not picky about designs can go to warehouse (cheap ass stuff). Or most nz people go thrift shopping - (buying second hand clothes). There are tons of thrift shop here and its up to you to find a gem. I seen a few decent winter jacket for 20nzd but it might not be your cuppa tea.

If you wanna get brand new nice winter coldwear prices are about the same.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:27 PM   #43

thanks for the info! some friends have offered to lend me their jackets if i can't get nice cheap ones in sg heh
Old 10-06-2014, 05:28 AM   #44

thanks for the info! some friends have offered to lend me their jackets if i can't get nice cheap ones in sg heh
no worries! Actually you can shop from taobao as well. I got my winter wears from taobao, pretty decent quality for the price I paid. When are you coming to auckland exact?
Old 10-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #45

for me, quality > design. hope that the jackets i buy can last 5-10 yrs lol. havent tried taobao before; might consider it..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.