llooking for travel buddy on a working holiday

addyho

Reaction score
Working Holiday to NZ 2015

Hey guys,

Finding a travel buddy for New Zealand working holiday probably after Chinese New Year in 2015 (March - May) as I have 8 months of break before university begins. It should be around a 2 month trip or so and I've checked the window period where visa can be applied from NZ immigration side. It opens in November. Do google for the terms and conditions. :)

Anyone up for it?

veryred

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've the intention to do it in February. Anyone can fill me up on details? I'm kinda scared, I wouldn't mind if anyone were to join me on this. Thanks in advance. xoxo.

go for it!
I just ended my work and travels and I wished I could have stayed longer if not for uni.
What kind of details do you need?
Basically, just apply for your visa, get ur tix, pack your luggage and go!
That was probably what I did.

punggolkid

Reaction score
go for it!
I just ended my work and travels and I wished I could have stayed longer if not for uni.
What kind of details do you need?
Basically, just apply for your visa, get ur tix, pack your luggage and go!
That was probably what I did.

How did you find a job there? Pre-arranged or ad hoc when you reach? The locals don't mind hiring you on short term basis?

veryred

Reaction score
How did you find a job there? Pre-arranged or ad hoc when you reach? The locals don't mind hiring you on short term basis?

I met a couple other forumers who went on a working holiday around the same time. What we did was to go there and ask shop by shop if they were hiring.

orange1988

Reaction score
Hi, I'm interested in the trip and looking for a buddy as well. Feel free to update me with your plans :)

Hi Appendix,

I've already applied for the visa and its approved and I need to leave before august 2015.. So Im planning to leave around June or July Period.. so i can work thru the winter/spring season and enjoy the summers with lots of activities over there..

Anw, I've joined a local NZ working holiday whatsapp group and they occassionally organised meet up to discuss and talk about it.. if you interested can pm me or whatsapp me at nine7861593 and I'll ask them to add you in!

Cheers!!

Last edited:

orange1988

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've the intention to do it in February. Anyone can fill me up on details? I'm kinda scared, I wouldn't mind if anyone were to join me on this. Thanks in advance. xoxo.

Hello Oikonomia!

Im gonna do it next year too and am researching on it too..

hhuiyi.blogspot.com: New Zealand Working Holiday & Trip

this is a good blog to refer to if you need info.. although shes malaysian but the process is similar to singapore! and both sg and msian are 6mths visa (3mths extendable)

Singapore Work Exchange Programme

This is where the info for singaporean is and you can apply the visa thru here..

Anw I've just joined a local NZ working holiday whatsapp group if you keen to join in I'll ask them to add you in! can whatsapp me at nine7861593..

Cheers!

stanmarsh85

Reaction score
Hi ppl, I'll be going Wellington next week for HW NZ. Do email me at stanshen(at)hotmail(dot)com if anyone is nearby or wanna meet. Cheers!!!

LearnIT

Reaction score
Im in final year at NTU this year. I will grad in May 2015.

I want to experience life in NZL and explore many stunning landscapes.

I wish to hook up with people interested in this working holiday. Hope we can do it tgt and discuss!

I am foreign to this!

Plz pm thank you!

Last edited:

orange1988

Reaction score
Im in final year at NTU this year. I will grad in May 2015.

I want to experience life in NZL and explore many stunning landscapes.

I wish to hook up with people interested in this working holiday. Hope we can do it tgt and discuss!

I am foreign to this!

Plz pm thank you!

Hi learit..

Glad to know u are keen to do a WHV in NZ too.. we had a grp of singaporeans that are either waiting or already in NZ for their WHV and u are welcome to join us! I'll probably be going over in jume2015 too and we may even meet there!

Do whatsapp me at nine7861593 and I'll add u into our whatsapp grp! Cheers!

And im recruiting more pple into our grp! Hope to travel together as well.. haha..

_Dave_

Reaction score
how's your travel like? i'm usually free on weekends, might want to head out of auckland like 2-3 times a month :D dec tentatively heading to wellington for work+play

Oikonomia

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wasn't on this thread for long. & am glad to see that there's so many people who wanna go NZ too! :) I've already contacted you guys, & in hope that I can get a buddy or something out of it. Thanks guys!

CityHopper

Reaction score
Hi,

Would like to clarify my doubt before making a payment for the application. On the last section of the form, there's this requirement to enter the DDMMYY arrival in NZ. May I know if this is a specific date to arrive NZ or is it just the start date of the visa validity period?

Thanks!:s12:

nutellachan

Reaction score
Hi, i have graduated from sit-unlv in 2012 and am interested to join the work holiday scheme. Looking to travel after CNY 2015 but am abit lost on where to start. Looking for travel buddies as well. Anyone interested or willing to add me into their existing group please contact me at hazel(dot)chanjh@gmail(dot)com
Any experienced traveler on similar scheme can also share on what to do to realise this trip. Thanks alot!

orange1988

Reaction score
Hi,

Would like to clarify my doubt before making a payment for the application. On the last section of the form, there's this requirement to enter the DDMMYY arrival in NZ. May I know if this is a specific date to arrive NZ or is it just the start date of the visa validity period?

Thanks!:s12:

The Visa Validity period starts from the date your application is approved.. the date of arrival is probably just an estimate ba..

orange1988

Reaction score
Hi, i have graduated from sit-unlv in 2012 and am interested to join the work holiday scheme. Looking to travel after CNY 2015 but am abit lost on where to start. Looking for travel buddies as well. Anyone interested or willing to add me into their existing group please contact me at hazel(dot)chanjh@gmail(dot)com
Any experienced traveler on similar scheme can also share on what to do to realise this trip. Thanks alot!

Hi Hazel,

Glad to know more and more pple are interested in the WH programme in NZ! Haha and dun worry u are not alone!

We have a grp of Singaporeans NZ WHolidayers and a few of us are travelling during the same period too nxt year. We oso have occasional meet up to share more info and experiences as well. if you are looking for info or queries feel free to whatsapp me at nine7861593.. or join our fb grp Yang Meh Meh Club at https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=699197210163585

Cheers!

FAEFAY

Reaction score
HELLO :)

Hi all,

Looking for some advice / help on this work and travel in New Zealand. I've been talking about going on this trip for the last 2 years! My visa just got approved (YAY!) and I'm looking to head to NZ in the last week of March till early Sept (tentative - flight tickets are cheapest then). Either planning to fly in Auckland and travel downwards towards Queensland and back up to Auckland or exit in Queensland.

I'm looking to secure either a paid work or best, paid + accommodation before flying off to NZ. Anyone knows of any websites where work opportunities are posted or anyone flying to NZ around the same time period? We can be travel buddies!

If you've been on this NZ work and travel, would welcome suggestions on places to visit or avoid!

Any help is appreciated! Email me at tesoro-10(at)hotmail(dot)com.

Thank you! :D

Best,
Fae

Charmeleon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kia Ora!
I am really envious of you.I would most likely be going there in Late-march or early May depending on situation.
My trip would be more of a cycling trip after working in NZ for a month or two.
Here's some websites to help you out.
Food & Beverage Attendant - Holiday Inn Auckland Airport Job in Auckland - SEEK

Seek is a NZ website to look for jobs.

For seasonal work
New Zealand Fruit Picking Jobs and work vacancies
and
Seasonalwork.co.nz

Take Care and enjoy your trip.
Do share those lovely pictures with us.

CityHopper

Reaction score
The Visa Validity period starts from the date your application is approved.. the date of arrival is probably just an estimate ba..

Thanks! My visa got approved and I'm heading in July. Any city, other than Auckland good to live in? Most probably my flight will land at Christchurch.

jt4816

Reaction score
hi all

Hi all,

im planning to head NZ in May. Can add me in the whatsapp grp? my number is 93six948one6. im gg solo and im getting cold feet over it alr :s22: hahhaha... maybe any solo here gg ard the same period, care to meet up/travel together for a few days or so to get use to NZ? or maybe woofing together?

my main travel aim will be spending time in farms rather than city areas. so if anyone gt any good hosts to recommend, pls let me know! =) and also i would love to try camping/hiking in NZ, so any advice on it, i would love to hear from you too.

thanks and nice to meet ya in adv!

cheers
jt

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.