HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

llooking for travel buddy on a working holiday

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2014, 02:44 AM   #61

Working Holiday to NZ 2015

Hey guys,

Finding a travel buddy for New Zealand working holiday probably after Chinese New Year in 2015 (March - May) as I have 8 months of break before university begins. It should be around a 2 month trip or so and I've checked the window period where visa can be applied from NZ immigration side. It opens in November. Do google for the terms and conditions.

Anyone up for it?
addyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 09:52 PM   #62

Hey guys, I've the intention to do it in February. Anyone can fill me up on details? I'm kinda scared, I wouldn't mind if anyone were to join me on this. Thanks in advance. xoxo.
go for it!
I just ended my work and travels and I wished I could have stayed longer if not for uni.
What kind of details do you need?
Basically, just apply for your visa, get ur tix, pack your luggage and go!
That was probably what I did.
veryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #63

go for it!
I just ended my work and travels and I wished I could have stayed longer if not for uni.
What kind of details do you need?
Basically, just apply for your visa, get ur tix, pack your luggage and go!
That was probably what I did.
How did you find a job there? Pre-arranged or ad hoc when you reach? The locals don't mind hiring you on short term basis?
punggolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #64

How did you find a job there? Pre-arranged or ad hoc when you reach? The locals don't mind hiring you on short term basis?
I met a couple other forumers who went on a working holiday around the same time. What we did was to go there and ask shop by shop if they were hiring.
veryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #65

Hi, I'm interested in the trip and looking for a buddy as well. Feel free to update me with your plans
Hi Appendix,

I've already applied for the visa and its approved and I need to leave before august 2015.. So Im planning to leave around June or July Period.. so i can work thru the winter/spring season and enjoy the summers with lots of activities over there..

Anw, I've joined a local NZ working holiday whatsapp group and they occassionally organised meet up to discuss and talk about it.. if you interested can pm me or whatsapp me at nine7861593 and I'll ask them to add you in!

Cheers!!

Last edited by orange1988; 18-08-2014 at 05:46 PM..
orange1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #66

Hey guys, I've the intention to do it in February. Anyone can fill me up on details? I'm kinda scared, I wouldn't mind if anyone were to join me on this. Thanks in advance. xoxo.
Hello Oikonomia!

Im gonna do it next year too and am researching on it too..

hhuiyi.blogspot.com: New Zealand Working Holiday & Trip

this is a good blog to refer to if you need info.. although shes malaysian but the process is similar to singapore! and both sg and msian are 6mths visa (3mths extendable)

Singapore Work Exchange Programme

This is where the info for singaporean is and you can apply the visa thru here..

Anw I've just joined a local NZ working holiday whatsapp group if you keen to join in I'll ask them to add you in! can whatsapp me at nine7861593..

Cheers!
Old 12-09-2014, 01:24 AM   #67

Hi ppl, I'll be going Wellington next week for HW NZ. Do email me at stanshen(at)hotmail(dot)com if anyone is nearby or wanna meet. Cheers!!!
stanmarsh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2014, 04:03 AM   #68

Im in final year at NTU this year. I will grad in May 2015.

I want to experience life in NZL and explore many stunning landscapes.

I wish to hook up with people interested in this working holiday. Hope we can do it tgt and discuss!

I am foreign to this!

Plz pm thank you!

Last edited by LearnIT; 23-09-2014 at 05:15 AM..
LearnIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #69

Im in final year at NTU this year. I will grad in May 2015.

I want to experience life in NZL and explore many stunning landscapes.

I wish to hook up with people interested in this working holiday. Hope we can do it tgt and discuss!

I am foreign to this!

Plz pm thank you!
Hi learit..

Glad to know u are keen to do a WHV in NZ too.. we had a grp of singaporeans that are either waiting or already in NZ for their WHV and u are welcome to join us! I'll probably be going over in jume2015 too and we may even meet there!

Do whatsapp me at nine7861593 and I'll add u into our whatsapp grp! Cheers!

And im recruiting more pple into our grp! Hope to travel together as well.. haha..
Old 23-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #70

how's your travel like? i'm usually free on weekends, might want to head out of auckland like 2-3 times a month dec tentatively heading to wellington for work+play
_Dave_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 11:23 PM   #71

Hey guys, I wasn't on this thread for long. & am glad to see that there's so many people who wanna go NZ too! I've already contacted you guys, & in hope that I can get a buddy or something out of it. Thanks guys!
Oikonomia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 11:25 PM   #72

Hi, I'm interested in the trip and looking for a buddy as well. Feel free to update me with your plans
Hey, do PM me too! I'm also kinda looking for a buddy.
Oikonomia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 09:29 PM   #73

Hi,

Would like to clarify my doubt before making a payment for the application. On the last section of the form, there's this requirement to enter the DDMMYY arrival in NZ. May I know if this is a specific date to arrive NZ or is it just the start date of the visa validity period?

Thanks!
CityHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #74

Hi, i have graduated from sit-unlv in 2012 and am interested to join the work holiday scheme. Looking to travel after CNY 2015 but am abit lost on where to start. Looking for travel buddies as well. Anyone interested or willing to add me into their existing group please contact me at hazel(dot)chanjh@gmail(dot)com
Any experienced traveler on similar scheme can also share on what to do to realise this trip. Thanks alot!
nutellachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #75

Hi,

Would like to clarify my doubt before making a payment for the application. On the last section of the form, there's this requirement to enter the DDMMYY arrival in NZ. May I know if this is a specific date to arrive NZ or is it just the start date of the visa validity period?

Thanks!
The Visa Validity period starts from the date your application is approved.. the date of arrival is probably just an estimate ba..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.