Mel + Tas w/o driving

Northern-Lights

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mel + Tas - September 2018

Just returned from BKK and is planning another trip to Australia. Little tigresses wanted somewhere cold in July and we've decided on Mel and Tas since she has never been to Australia.

This thread is for inputs and advice, please. Thank you.

My own itininery will be updated here as we plan. For a start,

Day 1: Hop on and off bus in Melbourne

Last edited:

Northern-Lights

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One thing I've wanted to try is to take the Spirit of Tasmania from Melbourne. But wow, the overnight trip with cabin is really expensive. Near to 1k. :(

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't bother.. it's just a normal ferry across the tasman sea.. and the sea is choppy as hell..

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
Just returned from BKK and is planning another trip to Australia. Little tigresses wanted somewhere cold in July and we've decided on Mel and Tas since she has never been to Australia.

This thread is for inputs and advice, please. Thank you.

My own itininery will be updated here as we plan. For a start,

Day 1: Hop on and off bus in Melbourne
u can go day tour in tassie

i honestly dun think public transport work well in tassie.

and kudos for ur entertaining thread outside :s13:

Last edited:

Northern-Lights

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u can go day tour in tassie

i honestly dun think public transport work well in tassie.

and kudos for ur entertaining thread outside :s13:

Lol. Sometimes too bored, must stir abit.

Ok, back to serious business on travelling. Was sharing my trip with cousin and he suggested NZ. Wife and I are fine about this. Probably will do some research over this weekend and post in this thread.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
Lol. Sometimes too bored, must stir abit.

Ok, back to serious business on travelling. Was sharing my trip with cousin and he suggested NZ. Wife and I are fine about this. Probably will do some research over this weekend and post in this thread.
july?? lol i cfm say mlml

u better check if there is anything u can do in july first. mid if winter not much other than skiing

fumoffuXx

Reaction score
Hi im interested in this thread as well as i am planning a similar trip in september. but planning a driving trip in tasmania and melbourne GOR.

Northern-Lights

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
july?? lol i cfm say mlml

u better check if there is anything u can do in july first. mid if winter not much other than skiing

Hi, thanks for the advice. It's more of a trip to visit some friends, enjoy the cold weather and do the minimum. We have agreed on this. Too stressful at work so we need a getaway just to find some peace :D

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the advice. It's more of a trip to visit some friends, enjoy the cold weather and do the minimum. We have agreed on this. Too stressful at work so we need a getaway just to find some peace :D
OH that is ok then. try bonfire bbq :D if u get the chance

petrolhead

Reaction score
Hi im interested in this thread as well as i am planning a similar trip in september. but planning a driving trip in tasmania and melbourne GOR.

What I did was drive up the middle of TAS from Hobart to Launceston, spend one night there, then south along the Bay of Fires to Bicheno (might be able to squeeze in Freycinet if there is enough light left, I went in early autumn so I did), stay the night, then drive to Port Arthur (stay a night) and finish in Hobart after visiting Richmond. If you have more time, explore Cradle Mountain and the wild western side.

Northern-Lights

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Bump up my thread.

Managed to find another couple and we will be driving for this trip (can't update the thread title)

Will you still be going? Perhaps can exchange some tips. I'm flying off on 21 September.

21 September: Reach Mel early in the morning. Straight fly to Tasmania.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.