My Melbourne Itinerary

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can try Oaks on Collins, they have like 2 queen beds type..

not too bad. but just watch out the carpark at lvl 1.5 and possibly every .5 levels (2.5, 3.5) when u turning down. there is a protruding kerb on the ground that extend beyond the walls.

Their carpark ard $20/ 24hrs so technically can start from say 7.30am to the next day 7.30am when u checkout (but they may just let u continue till 10am instead or checkout time).

Last edited:

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another apartment to look at is Quest, they are mostly everywhere.. about $200+ for 2bedrm..

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Given the limited time, i should just stop at Port Campbell?

Haha, no lah. First few days in Melbourne city is easier so can plan later. Just want to finalize my car rental, GOR accommodation and flight out to Sydney.

Would you be able to pick up the car before midday? Assuming you have 2 full days, you could look at going down GOR from Torquay and stopping at Apollo Bay, and then finish off the rest of it the next day. I would still skip Warrnambool unless you have more than 2 days.

If you must pick up the car at noon, then you can either go straight to Port Campbell, or head down to Lorne. Note that C163 was in pretty poor condition a year ago though, not sure if they have finished the road work.

desboo

Reaction score
Ok got it!! Thank you! :)

For savings on car rental, if u are getting a car from hertz, check the rates for collecting car in South Yarra. A taxi ride from CBD to South Yarra should be less than $30, but u should see significant savings in rental costs as compared to collecting car from CBD.

Last edited:

kendrick272

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For savings on car rental, if u are getting a car from hertz, check the rates for collecting car in South Yarra. A taxi ride from CBD to South Yarra should be less than $30, but u should see significant savings in rental costs as compared to collecting car from CBD.
Thanks! I have booked my ride from Apex as recommended by the bros here.

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm still thinking where to spent the last night at after halls gap.

Seems like ballarat can skip should I go Melbourne for the last night instead?

Don't think have time to go yarra though

I read pages back that driving up grampians is dangerous during winter?

Should I get a 4wd instead hmm.

Last edited:

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ALso can advise what to wear in mid August?

Total winter wear? Gloves, heat tech etc?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aug temp can range from 5-15 deg.. colder in the Grampians area.. but should be safe to drive up.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.