HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need help with activating Aussie prepaid SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2016, 08:34 PM   #1

Need help with activating Aussie prepaid SIM

a few of my army frens and i bought Telstra prepaid data SIM for Ex Wallaby. Only to realize that either an Aussie ID or SG passport with Aus visa is required for activation. I think Aussie regulars will know what I mean.

Problem is, we are flying using 11B which can't be used for activation. Looking for kind soul who's staying in Australia to help us with the activation. Rest assured that we are all day-to-day NS men with families who just need to SIM card to stay in touch while we're there. No other monkey business.

Lemme know if you are able to help. Basically just need your help to go to www.telstra.com.au/activate and activate online based on our SIM serial no. You won't need to share any personal info with us.

Much appreciated!
dettolSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:36 PM   #2

Apologies to rain on your parade, but even Aussies have a limit of how many sim cards they can activate. This is going to be a tough ask.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:26 PM   #3

Bro I'm going for ex wallaby too. I've got an optus account & sim. If you manage to get an optus sim, I can activate online for you. If not, I do have Australia Visa, I can try to activate for you if you can provide me the service number! Cheers

Last edited by Jonstudy; 08-09-2016 at 05:35 PM..
Jonstudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:11 PM   #4

Bro I'm going for ex wallaby too. I've got an optus account & sim. If you manage to get an optus sim, I can activate online for you. If not, I do have Australia Visa, I can try to activate for you if you can provide me the service number! Cheers
Bro, thank you so much for offering to help! I've pm-ed you the details
Old 09-09-2016, 10:48 AM   #5

Bro, thank you so much for offering to help! I've pm-ed you the details
Okay will try
Jonstudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:22 PM   #6

Okay will try
bro thanks a lot for trying. Even though no luck (I think cos you've returned from your trip), I still appreciate your gesture in stepping forward to help

Any other kind soul who's currently still in Aussie and willing to help, do drop me a PM. Much appreciated!
Old 14-10-2019, 07:54 AM   #7

Hi, in the end did u manage to activate it, if so how? Will be traveling there soon without passport too for ex wallaby

Last edited by Theoneguy; 09-11-2019 at 03:04 PM..
Theoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.