Need help in finding Tasmania local tour guide that can bring us (total 8) around in a mini bus?

dantom04

Reaction score
Anyone been to Tasmania recently? Can recommend a local tour guide that you guys have used before? Thanks

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I spent almost a whole month there, solo trip, it was about 6 years ago, but it shouldn't have changed too much. :s13:

Places I went include (I went in an anti-clockwise direction) :

Launceston and surrounds
Beauty Point
Cradle Mountain NP
Mole Creek
Stanley
Marrawah
Strahan
Derwent Bridge
Hobart and surrounds
Mount Field NP
Bruny Island
Geeveston
Freycinet NP
Richmond
Port Arthur HS and surrounds
Bicheno
Hollybank

If you are an experienced driver capable of handling a large vehicle, you can hire a rental mini-bus, but with 8 passengers, luggage may be a problem - probably better to split into 2 vehicles for comfort.

There are tour companies that can take you around specific locations like Cradle Mountain and Mount Fields NPs for example.

Those are day trips, they will pick up your group in the morning, drive to the location, and depending on the agreed itinerary, explore the area on foot.

You'll usually complete the day tour by late afternoon when they drive you back to your accommodation.

When planning activities, make sure you have enough time to travel and see the attraction - travelling distances are usually quite long.

Seeing the whole island is possible, but it involves A LOT of driving, and a fair amount of time.

If you are asking about hiring someone to literally drive you around the island - I personally don't know anyone who does that - you'll be paying someone to travel on holiday with you as your personal tour guide & driver.

PM me if you want the day tour company I used.

yangsss

Reaction score
may I ask what is your intended travelling period?

u may wanna rent a 12 pax commuter with a luggage trailer behind.

I am in Launceston if you need assistance.

dantom04

Reaction score
may I ask what is your intended travelling period?

u may wanna rent a 12 pax commuter with a luggage trailer behind.

I am in Launceston if you need assistance.

Dec 24 to 1 Jan.

12 pax commuter?

We be arriving in hobart

Any advise :)

yangsss

Reaction score
intending to rent a car? if u google for 12 pax commuter, it can carry up to 12 passengers. good for a family tour.

if u need to hire a driver to accompany around, the costs are very high especially during the festive season.

BUYSELLTB

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My family and I (3 pax) intend to head to Tasmania in Sep. Any advice on local tours which we can engage as we can't drive?

Thank you in advance!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.