Perth or Darwin in Aug

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations?
Am considering which of this 2 location would be better for a trip with my wife.
And how long should the trip be.
Thanks!

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
normally australia would advise 5 to 7 days ...
went before to perth, 5 days ... went to few places of interest ...
perth and darwin normally can get below $200 during sales by budget airline
average is about $250+

darwin , can fly silkair 399 if promo ..
perth, can fly sq or qantas 400+ during good promo

perth not as enjoying as compared to sydney ...
dont really like the people there, cox some might not "treat everyone same" .

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Firstly what do you want to see?

Darwin you get to see the true australian outback..

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
In Aug, it's much better to be in Darwin than in Perth, given the weather. Darwin itself doesn't have much, but you need to venture out to the national parks. Kakadu is quite famous, and you should spend at least a couple of days there - note the travel distances between attractions. Litchfield is another popular place to visit. In some parts of the Outback, you also get to drive at 130km/h legally. And take a river cruise to watch wild crocodiles jump out of the river.

Perhaps organise a drive for Darwin -> Kakadu/Jabiru -> Pine Creek -> Litchfield -> Darwin. It's a pretty standard route and normally takes about 5 - 7 days for most tourists.

Having said that, there will be plenty of things in Perth as well. There's a dedicated thread for Perth, so I wouldn't repeat everything here.

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
point taken. no darwin then.

I enjoyed Darwin alot.
Was there for 5 days.
Quiet and serene town.
You can get an apartment facing the sea and most of the time they will throw in a free rental car too.

The food there is however quite expensive and the seafood not as fresh as I thought would be, but I really enjoyed it.

I went to Litchfield National Park and some crocodile farm. Really cool!

xxxxne

Reaction score
Any recommendations?
Am considering which of this 2 location would be better for a trip with my wife.
And how long should the trip be.
Thanks!

I would recommend Perth as there is much more things to do.

You can check out:
1. Freemantle (A very different vibe as compared to Perth City, a 2-3 days stay will be perfect.)
2. Day trip to Rottnest Island (There are very cute quokkas. You can cycle or take the hop on/off bus to tour the entire island. Very beautiful place, i really like the place.)

Hope this helps :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.